• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Apart from Bissouma none of those players improve their first 11.

This is very much like punters crying that their horse can't win because its 2 lengths behind the leader in the first furlong.

The windows only just opened. One things for sure if those signings are the bulk of Sp**s business I'd be confident enough ours will be better.
The window just opened, the window just been open weeks, just a month, still a month left. Most business get done last two weeks

Every window same excuses. Arsenal isn’t suddenly gonna change later in the window. They always move slow and don’t do enough. They always feed the media end of august about how much they wanna do, but running out of time because they know some fans will fall for it.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I could have sworn you were one of the more negative fans on the club not that long ago, becoming a bit dissatisfied over how long it had been since we had really competed at the top...unless I am mixing you up with someone else.

You have really turned it around recently, in terms of positivity...fair play!
I was negative back around October/November when we were ****. Then I was pretty balanced in terms of top 4. I thought it would be very tight.

I was very Arteta out in October/November.

But I am an Arsenal fan first and foremost and while I don't agree with many things I would never refer to my club as a trash club.

That's the likes of Sp**s.

One thing I'll say is I do change my view. Some people are so stubborn in their opinions and set their stall and never move. If the sun shines I may move my stall. Just like if it rains I do the same.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Those signings won't push them closer to City or Pool, will still be those 2 for the title next season.

But it will probably guarantee Sp**s 3rd next season, think they are better than Chelsea now with Conte...only hope is a Conte meltdown now.

Sp**s look a comfortable Champions League level team again, like us from the mid 2000s to mid 2010s.. annoying.
Some of you seem awful certain about the signings elevating Sp**s, and us standing pat. Not sure why.

Spence- More athletic and explosive than Doherty, but hasn't been tested at the top level
Forster - will barely play
Perisic - a potentially smart short-term signing, but Conte did bomb him out at Inter. Like the player but don't really see how he fits unless Sp**s WB are playing super high.
Bissouma - athletic upgrade on what they have, technically similar
Richarlison - dangerous player, but he's not starting ahead of Son or Kane - would he want to be a rotation option?

Good squad players but not a huge boost to their first 11

If we were to get Jesus & Tielemans, that would be a far bigger impact on our first 11, even without any other business. A CF who can run, link play AND press would be like all 3 of last years forwards combined. And a CM who can play through balls from deep unlocks our inside forwards.

And I can;'t imagine that would be it, given the number of outgoings

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I can't support a trash club?
Also why are you ignoring the rest of what I said?
Because when you call the club you love a trash club, ignoring all its history, past success, past players and the likes of Wenger and some of what the club has achieved and represents as trash my words aren't worth wasting.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
If you’re not impressed by Sp**s signings and the way Conte implements his systems then I’m afraid your lost. You don’t have to be overly impressed but it’s a really strong start to the window for them
Conte is brilliant with his sytem, but never sticks around for long. It may or may not be a strong start. Remember most of their expenditure will be paying to keep Romero & Bentancur, and the second year of Kulusevski's loan. Great for them to get their business done early, but not bothered one way or another about the individuals

lomekian

Essays are my thing
You don't even know me.
You won't spot me moaning about Arteta or Edu on this forum. Go ahead and try, clown.

What kills me is how other clubs are massively improving whilst we are linked with Tielemans, who plays for my national team and I can guarantee you he won't improve us. Zinchenko is agent work. Gnabry same. Jesus is a slight improvement. Hickey who?

So what do you want me to be happy for right now? Please tell me.

Jesus would be a lot more than a slight improvement, given that last season was Auba missing sitters and sulking once we hit November, Laca refusing to run into the box and Eddie only finding his feet at this level with a month to go. Jesus isn't as good a finisher as Auba at his best, and not as good at winning fouls on the half-way line as Laca, but his alround game is MILES ahead of last years options.

As for Tielemans, do you not agree that someone capable of penetrating passing from midfield might help us?

And who knows who else we are working on. Tomiyasu wasn't even mentioned until about 2 days before it happened.

and what other clubs are massively improving. We're not in the same world as City, and no-one else has done anything bar pick up some squad depth

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I didn't say Bissouma was Partey. Nor did I say he was exactly the same. But putting Bissouma in at 6 ahead of Elneny or dead slow and stop Xhaka offers us a better solution.

Partey is 29. He isnt becoming fitter and more injury resistant. All the opposite.
I guess the key thing is to remember that just because we are familiar with Bissouma doesn't mean he's the only option who can do what we need - lets see what else the club are thinking (and who leaves)

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
You don't even know me.
You won't spot me moaning about Arteta or Edu on this forum. Go ahead and try, clown.

What kills me is how other clubs are massively improving whilst we are linked with Tielemans, who plays for my national team and I can guarantee you he won't improve us. Zinchenko is agent work. Gnabry same. Jesus is a slight improvement. Hickey who?

So what do you want me to be happy for right now? Please tell me.

If we signed Tielemans he'd be our best passer, our joint best playmaker and maybe our biggest goal threat from midfield. More press resistant than Xhaka too. I'd consider that a sizable upgrade on Xhaka.

Jesus would be a big upgrade on Laca in pretty much every facet.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Whilst our technical level will be a bit better with Tielemans, it will be the.most unathletic and slow midfield in the PL. Will be worrisome for the half season Partey is out injured.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Whilst our technical level will be a bit better with Tielemans, it will be the.most unathletic and slow midfield in the PL. Will be worrisome for the half season Partey is out injured.

Our main problem in terms of facing an athletic midfield is that we can't hold the ball for 3 passes after we regain it. Regain retain. Raising the technical level allows us to keep the ball and nullify the teams press.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Our main problem in terms of facing an athletic midfield is that we can't hold the ball for 3 passes after we regain it. Regain retain. Raising the technical level allows us to keep the ball and nullify the teams press.
The problem then becomes winning it back. The other challenge will be in making space as compact as possible. That'll be interesting to observe over the course of next season.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Some of you seem awful certain about the signings elevating Sp**s, and us standing pat. Not sure why.

Spence- More athletic and explosive than Doherty, but hasn't been tested at the top level
Forster - will barely play
Perisic - a potentially smart short-term signing, but Conte did bomb him out at Inter. Like the player but don't really see how he fits unless Sp**s WB are playing super high.
Bissouma - athletic upgrade on what they have, technically similar
Richarlison - dangerous player, but he's not starting ahead of Son or Kane - would he want to be a rotation option?

Good squad players but not a huge boost to their first 11

If we were to get Jesus & Tielemans, that would be a far bigger impact on our first 11, even without any other business. A CF who can run, link play AND press would be like all 3 of last years forwards combined. And a CM who can play through balls from deep unlocks our inside forwards.

And I can;'t imagine that would be it, given the number of outgoings
Yeah the Sp**s signings look more like a team built for a Champions league run than a premiership one, shore up the numbers in attack, with a number of different options, and Bissouma gives better cover for the defence. Id only start to worry if they look like theyre bringing in Eriksen or someone like him who can help to break down a deep defence. The whole thing is like do what they do but slightly better maybe.

I can see them struggling more than last season, everyone will be happy to defend deep and try and get a draw. Added to that with 5 subs defending deep is a more viable option now.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The problem then becomes winning it back. The other challenge will be in making space as compact as possible. That'll be interesting to observe over the course of next season.

I fully understand that City have better players and have done for a while. So their on the ball work is something that is very difficult to replicate.

However, winning the ball back is something that isn't reliant on pure physicality. For example, to play a high line, you need players who are comfortable on the half way line. They don't need to be lightening. They need to feel confident in reading the game with space behind them.

City were able to win the ball Back consistently and foul in a smart manner, with Aguero as a 9, flanked by attacking wide players. They had a diminutive 8 in Silva and De Bruyne. De bruyne is quite athletic, but he isn't the best tackler and he isn't someone who is going to recover and win the ball Back repeatedly. They took up Double 10 positions with inverted full backs.

Fernandinho and Walker provided the physicality. Its all about distances and coaching.

Tielemans isn't Bissouma, but he isn't Xhaka. He bites into tackles, he can turn and move when defending and he recovers the ball. He can easily fall into a double pivot next to Partey.

Technicality is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom