• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...MY Emirates era goalkeeper!

Riou

The Ramsdale v Pickford debate on twitter, is pretty funny.

Because both of them are ****s, every time one makes an error, they get destroyed by the other fanbase :lol:

Riou

Both need a attitude adjustment.

Both in their mid 20s, never won anything, experienced relegation, very clownish behaviour...only one way to properly describe Aaron and Jordan...

loser-cena.gif

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
The club has already history of playing up to the media about young British player. We already had one with previous group of ox, wilshere, Ramsey, etc etc where we used them for pr as young homegrown talent. We trying the same with white and Ramsdale together with the ones we already have as the club knows you get less scrutiny when you have young homegrown players

I repeat why were we willing to pay so much for a relegated keeper no one else wanted?
24 mil is much?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Braindead take on it cause the best goalies would cost less 15 years ago.

So I will ask you again, is 24m a lot in current market?
24 is just the initial fee, it’s not quite clear if it rises to 30 or 40 mil which seemed excessive for what we thought was a #2.

I wouldn’t have spent 70 mil on Ramsdale and Ben White personally, but we’ve spent that on guys who don’t start so it’s just how we do things.

An initial fee of 24 mil is absolutely nothing to Arsenal anyways, so to answer your question, no. Piece of piss.

Xln

24 is just the initial fee, it’s not quite clear if it rises to 30 or 40 mil which seemed excessive for what we thought was a #2.

I wouldn’t have spent 70 mil on Ramsdale and Ben White personally, but we’ve spent that on guys who don’t start so it’s just how we do things.

An initial fee of 24 mil is absolutely nothing to Arsenal anyways, so to answer your question, no. Piece of piss.
24mil and with the addons on top it would or has increased to 30m. But then again, when the addons are triggered it's probably cause he played x games for us or did some x statistics well which in turn raises his value anyway. I truly see no issue with Ramsdale's fee.

The Ben White fee though... That's another discussion

Xln

Why are we bashing Ramsdale now? A bad game against Hungary? Every goalkeeper will have games when they look less than stellar. Donnarumma let in 5 against Germany and not all of them looked unstoppable. Guess he is **** too now... :facepalm:
Life of a goalie. There is no middle way for them :lol:

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Why are we bashing Ramsdale now? A bad game against Hungary? Every goalkeeper will have games when they look less than stellar. Donnarumma let in 5 against Germany and not all of them looked unstoppable. Guess he is **** too now... :facepalm:
I don't think the criticism is based off just the Hungary match tbf. We all saw his form dip during the second half of the season. I'm not worried atm, but he'll have to start off next season strong to show that the form he showed to end the last campaign was just a blip, otherwise there'll be concerns that the standout performances he produced to start his Arsenal career, which made numerous doubters eat crow, was just a purple patch.

Also, Donnarumma's rep has definitely taken a hit this season compared to the heights of last year coming off Italy's Euro triumph and his subsequent move to Paris. In the matches I've watched PSG, he hasn't looked as commanding in general, and has had his fair share of anxious moments (his blunder vs Madrid being the most high profile). However, he's won numerous accolades and plaudits that show his credentials as a keeper which give more assurances to his ability.

Haphazard

It's not just the bad game against Hungary though is it, the second half of his campaign was terrible and as stats show he is one of the worst shot stoppers in the league.

Like Ødegaard/ESR and other apparently generational talents these guys only show up against relegation fodder but completely crumble when the pressure is on.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Just another example of arteta rating attitude and mentality above actual ability. I listen to podcasts where the participants are supposedly knowledgeable and when his performance stats are brought up, the only defence they can bring up is his elite mentality and ability to command the back four. These are good things but everyone just wants to bury their head about his keeping ability. His only possible defence is he is reasonably young as a keeper so should improve, but I would want to see improvement this season.

Last edited:

Haphazard

Just another example of arteta rating attitude and mentality above actual ability. I listen to podcasts where the participants are supposedly knowledgeable and when his performance stats are brought up, the only defence they can bring up is his elite mentality and ability to command the back four. These are good things but everyone just wants to bury their head about his keeping ability. His only possible defence is he is reasonably young so might improve, but I would want to see improvement this season.
If you can't manage yourself in big game situations you don't have the right mentality.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I really don’t get posts like this, because you know it isn’t knee jerk criticism for Ramsdale.

People have justifiably been criticising him for a while because he’s been underperforming for a while. It’s that simple

Top Bottom