• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Hickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I can't judge this much as I've not seen him but if he's another 'project' then that seems like a miss from Edteta. He will be getting a lot of minutes, especially if Nuno goes.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Would much rather Zinchencko, but I don't know this guy very well to be fair.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
As I've said before if he isn't better than Tierney not much point spending close to 25m on him

If its a better back up we are looking for maybe Josh Doig who we were linked with before and who Bologna are looking at to replace Hickey would be a better option for around a third of the price Hickey is. This could be just another Tavares-esque signing. Young, potential to fill in but not challenge.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Don't take it seriously the link i post. It's just a copy paste from Italian media.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Brentford offer was 15M euros bologna did reject that. Today reports from Italy saying we ready to make 20M€ bid plus future sale percentage and bologna would very likely accept that. Tierney agents contacted Hickey and told him Arsenal want to buy him.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Brentford offer was 15M euros bologna did reject that. Today reports from Italy saying we ready to make 20M€ bid plus future sale percentage and bologna would very likely accept that. Tierney agents contacted Hickey and told him Arsenal want to buy him.
As a hypothetical, it would be interesting whether clubs view a sale % clause from Brentford as more valuable than one from Arsenal?

We're the bigger club but we haven't exactly got a track record of selling unwanted players for big fees in the way a club like Brentford would have. But then again they could be relegated next season quite easily.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
As a hypothetical, it would be interesting whether clubs view a sale % clause from Brentford as more valuable than one from Arsenal?

We're the bigger club but we haven't exactly got a track record of selling unwanted players for big fees in the way a club like Brentford would have. But then again then could be relegated next season quite easily.
Yes but likely small clubs wouldn't put big amounts of future sale percentage because thet not rich meanwhile club like won't matter if we lose 5M from 30M if we sell in future.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I think Hickey is a big talent but I personally think he'd be better staying at Bologna for another year playing every week. They're probably looking for the cash now though.

I'd worry if he came here and had a few shaky moments Arteta would get bored of him like Tavares and be looking for a replacement this time next year.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I think Hickey is a big talent but I personally think he'd be better staying at Bologna for another year playing every week. They're probably looking for the cash now though.

I'd worry if he came here and had a few shaky moments Arteta would get bored of him like Tavares and be looking for a replacement this time next year.

Bologna need that money in so they can loan someone with an option to buy and never trigger it, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom