• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I afraid that we should have agreed the 7 millions offer. I can't see we manage to sell him tbh.
Of course we should have.

We should have sold him in the summer of the pandemic just like Maitland-Niles. Another one A-M got all wrong, like almost everything, thinking that other clubs were lowballing us for an extremely mediocre player.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Correct, i thought they will buy him for the agreed price. But all clubs know that we are there for taking and thus low balling us.

Is that much of a big deal though, I dont watch Fiorentina so really dont know, is being arguably the best player that good? I say this as Callum Chambers was player of the season for Fulham etc.

Serie A is pretty **** and I wonder if the outlay on Torreira just isnt worth it for them, if they dont want the player it doesnt sound like it was that difficult for them to find a cheaper alternative or better player.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I afraid that we should have agreed the 7 millions offer. I can't see we manage to sell him tbh.
Let's see if he joins the other players like Chambers where we first reject a (reasonable/sizeable) bid and then can't ship them if our life depends on it. Hope we do get a €10m fee~.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What's the bet he suits up in the EL and League Cup next season

Don’t think it’s that unlikely tbh if we strike out with Tielemans and any other targets.

Think Tielemans gets done and I’ve not heard anything about Lokonga going out on loan so we probably have the numbers Arteta wants.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Of course we should have.

We should have sold him in the summer of the pandemic just like Maitland-Niles. Another one A-M got all wrong, like almost everything, thinking that other clubs were lowballing us for an extremely mediocre player.
Did he get an offer during that summer though?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Roma looking for maybe to added 2 new midfielders they letting go of veretout Diawara and maybe another one. They trying to get Aouar too.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Don't let that get in the way of his agenda, mate.

Regardless of how bad things turn out for him here, only at Arsenal do we get to fail to extract a decent fee for him and get told the forum is to blame!
How does mentioning another episode where the consensus on the forum was well wrong (majority claiming we were being lowballed and should get at least 20m for Torreira) = me blaming the forum? I'm well aware that this forum has no power nor relevance whatsoever. :)

There's no agenda. You look back in time and are reminded that the consensus on this forum is dead wrong an overwhelming majority of the time, and it is a good reminder to yourself to not let the consensus thinking here influence you whatsoever, and to not take but a few posters who separate themselves from that group seriously.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
How does mentioning another episode where the consensus on the forum was well wrong (majority claiming we were being lowballed and should get at least 20m for Torreira) = me blaming the forum? I'm well aware that this forum has no power nor relevance whatsoever. :)

There's no agenda. You look back in time and are reminded that the consensus on this forum is dead wrong an overwhelming majority of the time, and it is a good reminder to yourself to not let the consensus thinking here influence you whatsoever, and to not take but a few posters who separate themselves from that group seriously.

What majority felt we were being low balled on Torreira? This consensus you speak of never existed.

People felt that 14m for a player who didn't want to be here and that 99% of the forum didn't want to see playing for us anymore was seen as a good deal.

But you can twist and turn it however you want it to get to say "told you so", so more power to you!

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
What majority felt we were being low balled on Torreira? This consensus you speak of never existed.

People felt that 14m for a player who didn't want to be here and that 99% of the forum didn't want to see playing for us anymore was seen as a good deal.

But you can twist and turn it however you want it to get to say "told you so", so more power to you!
Nah, go back and read the thread from 2020 in the pandemic September window, a great majority was ridiculing Edu for not getting a better offer and suggesting we shouldn't sell him the figures mooted. No twisting and turning needed.

El Duderino

Nah, go back and read the thread from 2020 in the pandemic September window, a great majority was ridiculing Edu for not getting a better offer and suggesting we shouldn't sell him the figures mooted. No twisting and turning needed.

Can advise you to the same course of action and additionally point to our last summer window as confirmation that the majority of this place were done with him.

Crying in the EL final was the last drop for a lot of this forum.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Can advise you to the same course of action and additionally point to our last summer window as confirmation that the majority of this place were done with him.

Crying in the EL final was the last drop for a lot of this forum.

Random page picked out.

You can have a look through the thread. Definitely the majority didn't think we should sell him for such a small fee.

Wanting him sold ('the last drop') and criticising the transfer fee are not = .

Another way you could go about this is look up my posts saying that people were greatly overestimating what Torreira was worth and see the reactions to it. Either way, I was in a minority in that opinion. :)

El Duderino

Random page picked out.

You can have a look through the thread. Definitely the majority didn't think we should sell him for such a small fee.

Wanting him sold ('the last drop') and criticising the transfer fee are not = .

Another way you could go about this is look up my posts saying that people were greatly overestimating what Torreira was worth and see the reactions to it. Either way, I was in a minority in that opinion. :)

It was three people saying we needed to get better fees for him? The only consensus I see there is that people (@BigPoppaPump especially) didn't want to see him anymore.

Plus, a few pages on the rumour was that the offers were all on the 6-10m loan fee with an added 20m option, which people thought was fair.

Fast forward a year later and people still felt a 14m option from Fiore was fair, given he had one year less on his contract.

But again, you're turning something that's not really a majority into a forum consensus so you can paint yourself as an outsider.

You're not, you're stuck in the mud with the rest of us, mate.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
It was three people saying we needed to get better fees for him? The only consensus I see there is that people (@BigPoppaPump especially) didn't want to see him anymore.

Plus, a few pages on the rumour was that the offers were all on the 6-10m loan fee with an added 20m option, which people thought was fair.

Fast forward a year later and people still felt a 14m option from Fiore was fair, given he had one year less on his contract.

But again, you're turning something that's not really a majority into a forum consensus so you can paint yourself as an outsider.

You're not, you're stuck in the mud with the rest of us, mate.
Haha mate who is twisting and turning?

You have there on that page people saying 20-25m was a very poor fee. That summer / autumn was all like that, people claiming that we were getting fleeced for not getting 20m. When in reality we should've been happy to get 10m at that point.

Anyways, it's all there in that thread, I understand your desire to make it look better than it was, though. As is always done with all the things the majority of the forum looks really bad with in retrospect (meltdowns about Arteta last summer after three games, Thomas Partey's position and playing style, Saliba ordeal, AMN to Wolves, Willock, Buendía over Ødegaard and Ødegaard in general at many points, Ramsdale, Ben White, Martinelli being wasted under Arteta, our summer window being **** last summer and Edu being clueless, the list goes on and on...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom