• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Ornstein:

Youri Tielemans is another name high on Arsenal’s list but that is a more nuanced situation. It is likely to depend on other movement in central midfield. Granit Xhaka remains an enigmatic presence, but if there was a deal to be done for him, it would open the door wider for Tielemans, with a fee of around £25 million needed to do business with Leicester.

Tielemans was very close to happening late last season when Arsenal looked like they could return to Champions League football, but the move became less certain with their fifth-place finish only providing Europa League football in 2022-23. The Belgian is not against staying at Leicester for the final year of his contract, hoping to impress at the World Cup halfway through it, and then having his pick of clubs on a free transfer next summer.
If this is true it would be some disaster, letting Tielemans go because we have Xhaka.

But who knows what the club are actually thinking of doing really after the whole Vieira thing.

BIoodBrother

I don't like that. Partey can't stay fit and him injured mean we'll see Elneny again and we in trouble signing a CM is a must even with everyone staying Unless we go 4141 like city and play Partey as lone midfielder.

Sign a number 8 Arsenal don't piss me off you signing Jesus raphinha Vieira and now likely Lopez don't leave an area of pitch short in quality specially the most important area in pitch
*2 areas (if we assume nketiah is 2nd striker
and the same two areas that we had problems last year. sooo confusing. how weird

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
*2 areas (if we assume nketiah is 2nd striker
and the same two areas that we had problems last year. sooo confusing. how weird
I can handle them not signing striker because we signing 2 very good offensive players in Vieira and raphinha they give us goals. But the midfield we short i don't even count Elneny he Average and Partey you can't trust him so it's important to sign one or we going to face same problems as last season.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Next to zero chance Leicester let him stay. We’re clearly signing a midfielder regardless of Xhaka staying.

Henry boi

They might view Vieira as an 8, if so Xhaka has nothing to do with it. It was simply F. Viera vs Tielemans and they chose Vieira it seems

BIoodBrother

They might view Vieira as an 8, if so Xhaka has nothing to do with it. It was simply F. Viera vs Tielemans and they chose Vieira it seems
this must be the case. esp since raphinha is still on. thought fabio was the bernardo rw option.
with ode and fabio, partey will have a hell of a job to do. both light and looking to attack. didnt work with esr

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Vieira is not number 8 he never played there in his career if you check his stat and his heat map he is like Ødegaard someone who play in right side. I mean we could end up doing that but i prefer sign natural central midfielder

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
This is a bit of a bummer but not surprising. It's hard to get excited about another CB when we could have blagged Tielemans for less...

I hope we're in for Zinchenko instead of Martinez.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We not making a move make me think we either moved on or he just prefer wait and either leave for free or like Rob said will sign 1 year extension and asses his future next summer. either way frustrating we really number 8 and he is the only who available at good price

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I’m just saying. Xhaka, Partey, Elneny, Sambi will not get us top 4, no matter what we do elsewhere.

If they've really cooled their interest then Vieira is obviously penciled in for that midfield role. The question then is is it too lightweight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom