• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
With it looking like nobody else is being linked to him, I think it could see us dragging this one out till pretty late in the day. I can't see a scenario where he will want to report back to Leicester with his tail between his legs.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If we really want him, just make a firm offer. We need early signings this season so the pre season failure excuse isn't trotted out. Leicester aren't broke so if we leave it too late for them to get a replacement, they'll keep him and let him go free next year.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If we really want him, just make a firm offer. We need early signings this season so the pre season failure excuse isn't trotted out. Leicester aren't broke so if we leave it too late for them to get a replacement, they'll keep him and let him go free next year.
I really doubt that because how uninterested Tielemans looked this season at times.

Not very good to have unhappy player who thinks he is wasting a year without any European football at all.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I really doubt that because how uninterested Tielemans looked this season at times.

Not very good to have unhappy player who thinks he is wasting a year without any European football at all.

Seen a lot of Leicester fans say this as well but I can't say I've watched them all that often this season to know how true that is.

Would you be worried at all how that attitude might mesh with Arteta if he came here?

drippin

Seen a lot of Leicester fans say this as well but I can't say I've watched them all that often this season to know how true that is.

Would you be worried at all how that attitude might mesh with Arteta if he came here?
Not really although Tielemans will likely want out later if no UCL at Arsenal.

Gunners1616

Really wondering why we seem hesitant on this... I hope it's not because of Xhaka (again). Tired of all this Xhaka tenure at Arsenal. Not a bad player but he is the symbol of our 'no-champions league football' era. Ever since his arrival we never touched CL again.

Would be perfect if we manage a Partey - Youri - Ødegaard trio with Martinez/Vieira/Elneny/Sambi as back up options. Look like we are scared of the life without Xhaka when things have never been as bad before he arrived...

Really wanna see some of those Tielemans G/A contribu + those long shots...

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Nice to see Don Draper taking a couple hours away from Sterling Cooper to drop transfer rumors. *lights up a Lucky Strike*

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Don’t seem to be priority at all. This is an easy deal for a lot of teams and no one is moving for him

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I said on the Jesus thread that we can't afford to wait it out to get the price lower. I think with Tielemans we kind of can a bit more to an extent.

Jesus is a striker and the proven striker market is incredibly bleak. CM is a slightly different story and I don't think any of our rivals need Tielemans anyway.

Don't get me wrong clubs will be interested and maybe CL clubs from other leagues will eventually come in, but there is more risk of a bigger club (or better positioned club than us) coming in for Jesus soon than there is with Tielemans.

Saying this, I wont be surprised if this moves forward this week, if we are actually interested. The transfer fee will be below his market value whereas with Jesus we are essentially paying City his market value despite him only having a year left- due to what I have discussed about the striker market.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Don't get me wrong clubs will be interested and maybe CL clubs from other leagues will eventually come in, but there is more risk of a bigger club (or better positioned club than us) coming in for Jesus soon than there is with Tielemans.

The thing with Tielemans is that while the fee maybe relative low, the wages and signing on fee are going to be high. You have to be a top 10 club in the world to afford the wages I'd expect he's asking for his last major contract. I reckon he'll ask 150k + and only the top 12 revenue earning teams in the world will be willing to pay that. So we're probably the only club in that bracket who is interested. This strengthens our position in negotiations with Leicester.

drippin

The thing with Tielemans is that while the fee maybe relative low, the wages and signing on fee are going to be high. You have to be a top 10 club in the world to afford the wages I'd expect he's asking for his last major contract. I reckon he'll ask 150k + and only the top 12 revenue earning teams in the world will be willing to pay that. So we're probably the only club in that bracket who is interested. This strengthens our position in negotiations with Leicester.
Tielemans turned 25 about a month ago. So he will be 30 year old midfielder when his contract ends if he signs here.

So it won't be his last big contract, but yeah, I assume he will get like 180k per week especially because we don't have UCL to offer.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I would hope we would pay him less than that, 150k is very steep and he must be on half that or maybe less. I would be hoping to land him for 120-130k (unless he had a contract renewal or increase at leciester). But maybe other factors will make us have to pay more.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I said on the Jesus thread that we can't afford to wait it out to get the price lower. I think with Tielemans we kind of can a bit more to an extent.

Jesus is a striker and the proven striker market is incredibly bleak. CM is a slightly different story and I don't think any of our rivals need Tielemans anyway.

Saying this, I wont be surprised if this moves forward this week, if we are actually interested. The transfer fee will be below his market value whereas with Jesus we are essentially paying City his market value despite him only having a year left- due to what I have discussed about the striker market.
Yeah, of all our business this summer, Jesus is the one we really don't want to mess up. Although there are other good options, they either cost more, or are higher risk, or both.

If we are actually even interested in Tielemans (🤞) then we might be leaving it late to sweat Leicester into a lower price. They are in a poor negotiating position unless a CL club starts bidding. Risky for us as well but that might be the plan.

Arson Finger

Announce Teal LeMans!

1200px-1969_Pontiac_LeMans%2C_Front_Left%2C_08-11-2021_G10.jpg

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

So we pay players to leave but on a fee of 25mil, which is cheap, we are acting like a tough giant negotiating corporate?

I honestly don't think we are in for Tielemans at all. Just smokescreen or plain rumour bs. I hope we don't buy him tbh.
If we aren't in for Tielemens then which big name CM are we actually after do you think? Surely we can't have Viera as our main big name CM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom