• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Question we should be asking is , how would Henry , Walcott etc go against the high lines they have now 🤣.
No quicker player than Henry with or without the ball .

Even the top teams would be altering their tactics if Henry was around in the PL today. Would be absolute **** playing a high line with him on the go. We see someone like Son punish City constantly.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Even the top teams would be altering their tactics if Henry was around in the PL today. Would be absolute **** playing a high line with him on the go. We see someone like Son punish City constantly.

That's why I wonder about how great these teams really are . All that 2003/2004 team would have to do is play a low block and counter City or Liverpool .

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Walcott scored against big teams, that’s was one of his things, especially against Chelsea.

Saka is a better footballer, Walcott was limited, but I’m not sure Saka will ever match the output of Walcott.
Dude give Saka Fabregas, RVP, Santi, Nasri, Rosicky, Özil, Alexis and even Giroud as teammates and look what kind of numbers he puts up. Walcott played more creative and talented players throughout his time here. I think it was you who also said Sterling was way better than Saka in his last season for Liverpool and Sterling only had 14g/a in the league playing for a much better attacking side. Saka's crossing has been underutilized on this team for the last 2 seasons cause no one is good in the air or at attacking the far post. Also Saka scored against City, Man United, Tottenham, Chelsea last season and not just scored, but actually played well in those games he scored in.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

players view

lol these man other then Bent are being dramatic, but I wouldn't have taken that shirt myself not worth the grief.

New salary and iconic number at the club, it's a bit long for him from now on. The Arteta fans saying "arrrggh whats the big deal argghh" will be the first chatting sh*t :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wow... Anton's voice somehow sounds even dumber than Rio's, pretty impressive achievement that...stick that on the resume Mr Ferdinand-Junior!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Everyone on here gets onto Nuno Tavares but he's basically the LB version of Walcott. When I think of class players I think of guys like Fabregas, RVP, Sagna hell even Nasri & Rosicky.

Hleb had insane dribbling but once he left Arsenal he was on the bench at Barcelona and ended up at BATE Borisov. Koscielny would've spent his whole career in Ligue 2 if Arsène didn't mould him. All these players were mediocre with a genius coach in Arsène.

I generally agree, he got the most out of players, I just feel like it’s a disrespect to some of them to say they were mediocre without Arsène.

amigo

Man really got everything out of those 5 PL goals in 21 games....

5-years extension + 100K + number 14. You'd think he got us the CL spot.

Arteta has been a blessing to his life and his family's wealth. He is getting those 100K per week for 5 years for sure, whether he flops or not. Nobody is buying him from us with those wages so the 5 years are guaranteed.
5 goals in 8 starts. Go check most of the '21 games' you'll find he came on as a late late sub.How many goals did Harry Kane get in his last 8 games?

amigo

People forget that Nketiah outperformed Auba (350k) and Laca (180k) last season. Now we offer him 100k and everybody freaks out. Looking objectively there is a strong argument to say that on hindsight the biggest mistake for not getting top 4 wasn't not strengthening in January but rather not using the other striker we had (Eddie) after Auba left. But nobody wants to say it because it doesn't fit the conventional wisdom.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
I hate Walcott but wtf, how is he being compared with kids that haven't achieved anything like Nketiah or just failed footballer prospects like Tavares.

Don't make me defend him ffs.

Wagwaan

People forget that Nketiah outperformed Auba (350k) and Laca (180k) last season. Now we offer him 100k and everybody freaks out. Looking objectively there is a strong argument to say that on hindsight the biggest mistake for not getting top 4 wasn't not strengthening in January but rather not using the other striker we had (Eddie) after Auba left. But nobody wants to say it because it doesn't fit the conventional wisdom.

Facts. Laca had some good link up play for a few games and was given far too much time when his form stopped. Slowed our game down too much and looked like he had lost all his confidence in his ability to score goals.

Arteta dropped the ball not bringing Nketiah into the team sooner.

It was frustrating we couldn't get someone in January, but I'm with the agreement that if you can't get the right quality in then don't get anyone in at all.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
When have we ever had such forethought? This signing is so we don’t have to pay out big for two CF’s. Arteta just has to sell us on it being a wonderful thing for the club and 50m is saved.
don't think so mate.

For me arteta has been ruthless in the transfer market, not afraid to replace good players with better ones (Leno comes to mind) and a lot of the first team he brought to the club have turned out to be big improvements on what was there before him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Facts. Laca had some good link up play for a few games and was given far too much time when his form stopped. Slowed our game down too much and looked like he had lost all his confidence in his ability to score goals.

Arteta dropped the ball not bringing Nketiah into the team sooner.

It was frustrating we couldn't get someone in January, but I'm with the agreement that if you can't get the right quality in then don't get anyone in at all.
I hate this "Laca has no confidence" BS excuse for him.

He's never been a prolific goalscorer, we can't say he lacked confidence throughout his whole career - doesn't make sense.

Much more obvious to say he just isn't prolific and move on with our lives.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Henry-->Walcott-->Auba---> Nketiah

This club man :lol:

What's wrong with Auba there? Definitely worthy of that shirt. (Walcott eventually became worthy of it to some extent for me, too)
Really think it was "Theo being the next Thierry" thing, that made people overrate him...that was an impossible level to reach.

But overall, I think he is underrated at this point, everyone seems to think he was always crap now...which is kinda mad, considering how good he was in his prime.

Was one of the best wingers in the league, from 2010-2013...felt like he got a goal or assist, in every game then.
Yeah, from 2012-14 before the ACL injury his production was world class. I remember making a post over on OA, comparing him during that period to Sterling's best period at City, and even in a team that scored far less goals than City's (remember, 2012-13 and 13-14 were not prodigious scoring teams), if I recall correctly Walcott was out-producing Sterling during that period (something like one every 86m to one every 90m if I recall correctly, I might be misremembering a bit but the numbers were simply prodigious and world class).

Why can't it be that he might just be good and is improving? People need to move on from the past. He has a bit of everything now:

- Pace
- Finishing
- Movement
- Positioning
- Flicks/hold up
- He has fight inside him.
- Work rate/press
- Anticipation

I really do see a young Jamie Vardy here.

A good number of those attributes can be summed up in one (good poaching ability / good smell for goals), and hold up certainly shouldn't be on that list, that's one of Eddie's weaknesses. But yeah the Vardy comp isn't too bad even if a bit ambitious, and in a far different style also.
Agree but disagree too. Wenger or not, Walcott was pulling off 30+ goal/assist seasons while playing in the PL and CL.

You have to respect it, Eddie shouldn’t even come close to that comparison yet.
Indeed. And as stated above, he wasn't doing it in Wenger seasons where we were particularly prodigious offensively. 72 goals and 68 goals in those two best seasons for Walcott.
I think Walcott doesn’t get his ratings. Obviously not a great baller but he made the most of what he had, helped by Wenger, and more often than not, he delivered.

I don’t think any of the current lot can do what he did in similar games/per minutes/age etc.
Indeed. Very underrated by Arsenal fans. Think even more than the "next Henry thing" it was the fact that aesthetically he just didn't look very good, it was too easy to see Aaron Lennon in him, and that probably his best quality was his off the ball movement, something which by its very nature you don't see. But his production during that period is simply indisputable.

I'm sure even Jesus failed to walk on water once or twice.

I can't hold it against Titi.
Maybe, but Jesus had better have a 100% walking on water efficacy here, or he will be in trouble with Arsenal fans.
He also benefitted from playing in very attack oriented teams and we dominated a lot of games, especially against fodder. Walcott could always pad his stats. Saka is already better than Walcott ever was. I would say Walcott at his best was better than current Martinelli, Nketiah and ESR though.
Ehh I don't think this logic really holds up; aside from what I mention about Walcott's best production coming in really not particularly prodigious offensive teams, the padding his stats against fodder argument isn't really fair, all players do this, and when you get into the numbers you don't really see much difference between what players we consider as 'big-game' or 'clutch' players score against big / small teams and what those who don't have this consideration to. Anyways, my recollection of Walcott is different, I always expected him to be up for a big game and believe he had quite a nice record against Sp**s, Liverpool, and City.

Anyways, teams' goals come proportionately more or less based on level of opposition, and it's not much different for players; so if anything these kind of arguments apply more in teams that score more. So the fact that Walcott's per min. contribution is as good as Sterling's during his golden period despite being in teams scoring 30+ goals less in a season, well...
Going from Thierry Henry to Pierre Emerick Aubameyang To Eddie Nketiah... is like going from Arsène Wenger to Unai Emery to Mikel Arteta...

The same narrative that signing the Portuguese Denis Suarez for 35 million is a better bit of business than signing Bissouma for 25 million or Tielemans for the same price.

The constant downgrade is now the acceptable way of doing things at the Club this era...

Just garbage all around the club right now...

😂 Portuguese Denis Suárez, FFS, literally no comparison at all between those players.

And yeah, of course it is a better bit of business to sign an impact player for 35m euros than a player who might not even be the level required at Arsenal for £25m, lol.

Last edited:

Pulp

Always thought the idea of shirt numbers being that special are a bit overrated. Obviously with 14 there will be expectations by fans, given the history, but to define who is worthy or not based on mostly substitute apperances is a bit silly. In the end it doesnt really matter.

If anything, taking the 14 shirt might be a show of intent that is needed in the squad. Time will tell obviously, but I am happy that he extended in any case. Important to have those homegrown players in the squad as well as new signings. With Nketiah you also add more dimensions to the attack. Not every striker needs to be that deep lying forward who can hold up play. And buying a new striker in this market that can deliver is both difficult and expensive.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom