• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,494

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
People worried about Saka leaving lol, he’s not THAT good. He can go wherever he wants.
If some silly club comes and offers 100M I would take them anyday and buy Osihmen. With GJ and Raphinha on the wings we are even better than a 3 front of Saka, GJ and Raphinha.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
People worried about Saka leaving lol, he’s not THAT good. He can go wherever he wants.
True, he’s no RvP or Cesc but he’s probably the first Arsenal player I and many other fans have felt a personal connection with in a long time. I’m English but not proper Engerlish if you get what I mean and for the first time in years I was felt so sad seeing him miss that penalty. That’s when I knew I had a connection with him. After all, isn’t that what football’s all about. It might comes across as soppy or soft but Saka’s my son and I would love to see him retire here. I think Rosicky’s the last player I liked that retired here. That’s too long imo.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

@A__G

Add Rekik to the confirmed transfers thread. And the €10m we have received this summer for Guendouzi. This is non-negotiable.

Legend14

Established Member
So far, Arsenal are attempting to recruiting passionate players; players who are self motivated to 2 win. Let’s see if this theme continues throughout the summer. I am 100 percent behind this. Talent + Passion. Its contagious.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would people rather have:

Option a

Martinelli----Jesus----Raphinha
------------Saka---------Ødegaard
--------------------Partey

Or:

Option b

Martinelli---Jesus---Saka
-------Tielemans---Ødegaard
----------------Partey

Obviously no Martinelli is an option and Saka or Raphinha left, but I am working on the premise that doing the Raphinha deal means we can't afford Tielemans.

My preference is Option a.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Option a

Or:

Option b

----------------Partey

Obviously no Martinelli is an option and Saka or Raphinha left, but I am working on the premise that doing the Raphinha deal means we can't afford Tielemans.

C... Xhaka goes far away to never see him again and we get Raphinha and Youri.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Option a

Or:

Option b

----------------Partey

Option B please.

B for Barry.

Legend14

Established Member
Talent isn't contagious, attitude yes but not the talent. You have it or no.
If you recruit Talented and Passionate players, others if same talent and passion have a better chance of coming. Correct, those that are here and don’t have talent won’t become more talented. Rob Holding for example.

Malky

Established Member
Will still wait for it all on Arse.com, but we are looking good right now, Im quietly confident we are trying to really kick on here.

Imagine if we address almost all our squad issues in this window, would be remarkable stuff.
Not just that, but we address all the issues weeks before the season even starts. None of this last few days of the window nonsense that we're used too. :shivering:

Wiltord's left boot

Is it safe to presume we are signing another wide forward? It's surprised me that some people are saying it's not a priority. Any injuries to Saka/Martinelli and we have to change the way we play completely. Unless Jesus goes out wide and Eddie starts. We need another option...someone who can run in behind and offer a goal threat. I love ESR and hope he continues to develop, but he outperformed his xG last season and I'm not sure he can do it again.

Barry

All these links have a whiff of the "war-chest" trolling that we get every season. Does anyone honestly believe that we are spending north of £200m in this window? I don't see it personally.

The Vieira signing was an unexpected wildcard and I think the question is whether he's seen as a midfielder or a winger. ESR & Martinelli lock down the left wing, Saka on the right so I think it will be either Tielemans or Raphinha coming in (if we get either of them). Raphinha just seems an unlikely signing to me - bringing a superstar on a flank where our best player is. You can switch him to the other side but then one of ESR or Martinelli doesn't get any minutes at all hardly.

Jesus has to be the priority now, Martinez makes a lot of sense if he's as versatile as expected. Think that might be it unless we make a late move for Tielemans.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Is it safe to presume we are signing another wide forward? It's surprised me that some people are saying it's not a priority. Any injuries to Saka/Martinelli and we have to change the way we play completely. Unless Jesus goes out wide and Eddie starts. We need another option...someone who can run in behind and offer a goal threat. I love ESR and hope he continues to develop, but he outperformed his xG last season and I'm not sure he can do it again.
Looks that way of reports are to be believed. We've been linked with too many wide players for there not to be an expectation we will get one.

Pepe has no future here & we will need 4 players for both wings across the season. Am expecting Marquinos to get loaned.

Unsure if Raphina is a smokescreen, but reports suggest we are interested. If not him, who?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

All these links have a whiff of the "war-chest" trolling that we get every season. Does anyone honestly believe that we are spending north of £200m in this window?
Absolutely, why not?

maybe £130-150m rather than 200, which is inline with our busier summers. KSE have shown a willingness to invest if the targets are young enough.

Out of all the links, Raphina I'm not really buying. I'm sticking with Jesus, Tielemens and utility left footed defensive player. Vieira does show some intent though I am convinced he wasn't planned like some of our other targets.

Barry

Absolutely, why not?

maybe £130-150m rather than 200, which is inline with our busier summers. KSE have shown a willingness to invest if the targets are young enough.

Out of all the links, Raphina I'm not really buying. I'm sticking with Jesus, Tielemens and utility left footed defensive player. Vieira does show some intent though I am convinced he wasn't planned like some of our other targets.
I think we're saying the same thing then right? Probably 4 players tops (excluding Marquinhos & Turner), probably £150m at most and probably not Raphinha.

That just feels the most likely to me. Obviously would be delighted if we got them all.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
All these links have a whiff of the "war-chest" trolling that we get every season. Does anyone honestly believe that we are spending north of £200m in this window? I don't see it personally.

Why not?
There is no such thing as a "war-chest" btw, or a £200M budget.
Except for RC that you have to pay upfront, no club is paying the full price for a player.
Actually, that's not how clubs operate, at all.

Clubs pay transfers in instalments, and they take also in consideration wages they have to pay for the player.

This is why Ben White is a much cheaper deal for Arsenal than Varane, even though White was £20M more expensive.
Let's just say for the sake of it that Ben White is on 100k/week (idk on how much he is rn) and Varane is on 300k/week, if you pay the transfer over 4 years, Ben White would cost you 18,5M/year while Varane would cost 22,5M/year.

Why does it matter? Because our highest earner today is Partey, and most players are on "cheap" contracts. We lost all the big earners at the club. So our wagebill rn is really small.
We have a lot of room to get players in.

And if you noticed, we're targetting mostly young players rn who aren't on crazy wages. This is one of the reason why we should be able to bring 5/6 players in.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think we're saying the same thing then right? Probably 4 players tops (excluding Marquinhos & Turner), probably £150m at most and probably not Raphinha.
Pretty much.

All the targets minus Raphina is still a very good summer for an Europa league club. If we were to go closer to the 200 mil mark then a CF would be a better option than Raphina in my opinion.

Jesus and Saka for the flanks with ESR and Martinelli covering is probably enough. That's even without knowing what role Vieira will play.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

The Vieira signing was an unexpected wildcard and I think the question is whether he's seen as a midfielder or a winger. ESR & Martinelli lock down the left wing, Saka on the right so I think it will be either Tielemans or Raphinha coming in (if we get either of them). Raphinha just seems an unlikely signing to me - bringing a superstar on a flank where our best player is. You can switch him to the other side but then one of ESR or Martinelli doesn't get any minutes at all hardly.

Jesus has to be the priority now, Martinez makes a lot of sense if he's as versatile as expected. Think that might be it unless we make a late move for Tielemans.
Yep, I think the winter cull of players & wages meant he would get the funds he wanted to get the players for positions he wanted filled.

Whether it comes off or not is a different matter. Arteta seems like he will only buy a player he specifically wants. So not sure if there will be plan B players if for example Raphina or Martinez dont happen.

To me that's a bit short sighted. Perhaps if Martinez doesnt happen we might go for Zinchenko.

Nobody really knows. Maybe not even our manager..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom