• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,681

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Looking more and more like Raphinha and De Jong will cost a similar amount? Who would you rather?

Partey
Ødegaard De Jong
Saka Jesus Martinelli

or

Partey
Ødegaard Xhaka
Raphinha Jesus Saka

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
What is this nonsense. Why is David asking this guy questions, we ask you the questions Ornstein, play your role.

A little bit of a back pedal there from Orny on Raphinha as well...? Talking about Arsenal being "Really interested" in the player, but no talk of the bid he reported yesterday? Seems to be taking the line now that he's unsure whether we need to sell Pepe first or not.

Anyway, I think it'll be either Tielemans or Raphinha as well, can't see us getting both

blrgooner

Established Member
Anyway, I think it'll be either Tielemans or Raphinha as well, can't see us getting both
Why do you think so? I think the reason tielemens deal is not moving ahead and there is lots of news on raphinha is that there club doesn't see much competition for Tielemens while Raphinha has lots of competition and move needs to be made now. I think Pepe will go and Raphinha is his planned replacement. Dont see that affecting the deal for Tielemens.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If anyone wants a sum up of our transfer business:

We really really like Martinez
Wr really really like Raphinha,
We really really like Gabriel Jesus

If anyone would like to see my celebrity crush list let me know.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
If anyone wants a sum up of our transfer business:

We really really like Martinez
Wr really really like Raphinha,
We really really like Gabriel Jesus

If anyone would like to see my celebrity crush list let me know.
This is why I don't trust Arsenal until I see them signed. They could easily no get them and blame the weather, the aliens or just said they tried and start the season with only Vierinha.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Why do you think so? I think the reason tielemens deal is not moving ahead and there is lots of news on raphinha is that there club doesn't see much competition for Tielemens while Raphinha has lots of competition and move needs to be made now. I think Pepe will go and Raphinha is his planned replacement. Dont see that affecting the deal for Tielemens.
For the reason that @Heavy Duty Rom and a couple of others posted above. I think they'll view Vieira as more than just a backup to Ødegaard - so either a potential starting 8 - in which case we won't have space for Tielemans, or possibly a backup to Saka on the RW.

I get that Tielemans & Vieira are very different players (and would love it if we signed Tielemans) but the Martinez links make me think that they could be planning to use him as defensive cover in midfield with Vieira as the attacking player. Sort of covers all bases.

If one of Raphinha or Martinez falls through, perhaps we'll see a late bid for Tielemans though, try and get the price down near the end of the window.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Raphinha will just take all of Gabi and Emile’s minutes. Rather we use that money on a top class central midfielder to be honest..

blrgooner

Established Member
For the reason that @Heavy Duty Rom and a couple of others posted above. I think they'll view Vieira as more than just a backup to Ødegaard - so either a potential starting 8 - in which case we won't have space for Tielemans, or possibly a backup to Saka on the RW.

I get that Tielemans & Vieira are very different players (and would love it if we signed Tielemans) but the Martinez links make me think that they could be planning to use him as defensive cover in midfield with Vieira as the attacking player. Sort of covers all bases.

If one of Raphinha or Martinez falls through, perhaps we'll see a late bid for Tielemans though, try and get the price down near the end of the window.
Well I do agree on the last statement. I think Martinez`s signing may have more to do with Tielemans.
I too don`t see us signing both Martinez and Tielemans either( Would love to see us do that though).

I think in terms of squad positioning, Raphinha is just a Pepe replacement I feel and that`s why I don`t think there is any link between his signing and Tielemans. In terms of our budget and what we can do in this particular transfer window I get your point.
I do agree with most here that CM position is a bigger issue than wide positions and atleast one addition there is essential for next season. I don`t think Vieira is an answer to that at least for the next season and would be very very surprised if Arteta/Edu think so.
Martinez looks really good in highlights but I think Raphinha/Tielemans is another level when compared to Martinez/Pepe. In terms of first X1 too I think Raphinha/Tielemans is way better than Martinez/(Martinelli/ESR).

BIoodBrother

Raphinha will just take all of Gabi and Emile’s minutes. Rather we use that money on a top class central midfielder to be honest..
if we want to get CL we need those two to be our 3rd and fourth choice wingers. love them both but they'll get plenty of minutes and less responsibility to achieve this seasons goal, which is fair in this young squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom