• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Agree. Tierney should be the one sold. Martinez and Nuno offers the best balance. Tierney is great at nothing, not defending, or going forward.

Also, in the rare case we want to play 5 back, Nuno LWB Lisandro LCB.
Tierney + Martinez is a fantastic combo going into next season. If Martinez proves himself and Tierney has another mediocre/injury hit season then I wouldn't mind listening to offers if they are north of £30-40m, but its a season too early to do so. And Nuno is not ready he needs gametime in the EL or elsewhere on loan.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Tierney + Martinez is a fantastic combo going into next season. If Martinez proves himself and Tierney has another mediocre/injury hit season then I wouldn't mind listening to offers if they are north of £30-40m, but its a season too early to do so. And Nuno is not ready he needs gametime in the EL or elsewhere on loan.
Nobody is offering those figures for a backup lb who is also injury prone

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If there's a 50M budget to spend for immediate reinforcement after the striker department, It's definitely the LB/LWB position. Lisandro is a great candidate and the club should make him a priority.

TheDrunkenMaster

With martinez and tomiyasu in the fullback positions we are hardly going to improve on our goal scoring problem. Also isn’t martinez supposed to be slow?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's Scottish, not English. We'd be lucky to get back what we paid for him in the scenario you presented.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He's Scottish, not English. We'd be lucky to get back what we paid for him in the scenario you presented.
Will depend who’s interested, and how poor his season ends up being. But if a Newcastle or Leicester come in it would be £30m+ unless he has a shocking time with injuries next year (which could happen tbf)

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
White does this too but yeah Martinez looks unreal with the ball in tight spaces, seems wasted at CB honestly
That's why I think he is more suitable for the midfield. He could be the DM and put Partey as B2B like he has always played. Much better than playing Xhaka on the left.

Badger_Revenge

His battling nature, his anticipation, his comfort on the ball, and his long passing accuracy seem to be exactly what Arteta wants in his deep lying players. He looks almost wasted at CB.

That said, he has not looked a fish out of water against Haaland and Nunez when playing at CB in the videos I've seen. But I'd really need to see a couple full matches.

benjamin86

Established Member
I don't really know much about this player but watching a few compilations he seems like a left-footed Ben White? They both can play fullback, CB or step into midfield and like to ping accurate long balls but lack a bit of height?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't really know much about this player but watching a few compilations he seems like a left-footed Ben White? They both can play fullback, CB or step into midfield and like to ping accurate long balls but lack a bit of height?
with Ben white our defence conceded 9 goals more than previous season. This whole a center backs main priority is to pass the ball is silly

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don’t see Edteta being stupid enough to ignore our main priorities and spend 70M on other players.

This means the Kroenke’s are gonna continue to invest, Mikel has really gotten them to go all in.

If we get the players we want it’s looking like 150M+ again o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom