• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I rate Partey highly, even with the injuries struggles he's had since he's been here.

Absolutely no way would he be ahead of Vieira or Gilberto in my starting 11 though. Those two are modern greats. Partey's not quite in that league.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think about the players that Arteta has signed, how many have been bad buys? He's bought Gabriel, Partey, Mari, Ramsdale, Tomiyasu, White, Vieira, and probably Jesus, possibly also Raphinha and Tielemans. That's a lot of quality and not much dross.

Criticise him for his rigidity or inexperience or many other reasons, but in the transfer market he knows what he's doing.
Gabriel and Partey are Raul signings.

Cedric - oh God
Mari - horrible and gone
Willian - atrocious and gone
Ødegaard - good
Ramsdale - good start but now dodgy as hell, statistically poor goalkeeping season and was playing against us by the end of the season
Tomiyasu - injury prone
White - looks decent tbh but questionable purchase

Vieira, Jesus, Raphinha and Tielemans haven’t kicked a ball for us yet and only the former can be called a smart signing if he kicks on. The rest are all known commodities playing in our league. So were Ramsdale and White.

Just strengthens the chequebook manager argument of old more than anything, he’s improving the team by signing players and nothing else. His success rate isn’t even that high, he just keeps the good ones and bins the bad ones discreetly. Not really going for unpolished gems and improving them either, just players that have played in the league and can slot straight into whatever it is he’s doing.

He’s literally doing what Pep does just with smaller cheques.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sometimes it’s just the environment, if Tierney played with our great squads he would be seen as a god. If Ray Parlour played today he would be seen as a player who likes to drink and joke.

Sometimes your environment dictates your status.

A guy like Xhaka would’ve got into our great squads, all his managers love him and his mentality too.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Cedric - oh God
Mari - horrible and gone
Ødegaard - good
Ramsdale - good start but now dodgy as hell, statistically poor goalkeeping season and was playing against us by the end of the season
Tomiyasu - injury prone

Vieira, Jesus, Raphinha and Tielemans haven’t kicked a ball for us yet and only the former can be called a smart signing if he kicks on. The rest are all known commodities playing in our league. So were Ramsdale and White.

Just strengthens the chequebook manager argument of old more than anything, he’s improving the team by signing players and nothing else. His success rate isn’t even that high, he just keeps the good ones and bins the bad ones discreetly. Not really going for unpolished gems and improving them either, just players that have played in the league and can slot straight into whatever it is he’s doing.

I don’t think any of our signings you can say “wow, he’s WC”. They are all projects who look decent.

Even Vieira now, you’re waiting a few years for him to adjust.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Don’t be like that.

You’ve posted so much crap in this thread I can’t be bothered to refute it, credit to @Rimaal for trying.

The only guy who agrees with you is @grange, that tells you everything.
You were another one who was on about changing the culture until it stopped suiting your argument. Not worth my time.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You were another one who was on about changing the culture until it stopped suiting your argument. Not worth my time.
There you go again. I spent all day yesterday on here saying we had to change the culture and we did. I even gave you examples - sacking Raul, making Arteta manager and not only a coach etc.

I don’t have a horse in this “culture” race.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Cedric - oh God
Mari - horrible and gone
Ødegaard - good
Tomiyasu - injury prone

Feel like you're being a tad harsh on Cedric and Mari, who were always signed as a back ups for low fees, Willian was crap but again cheap, and Ramsdale who was excellent for large parts of the season.

Tomiyasu can't be considered a bad purchase because he got injured in his first season in the EPL, and most would say he's a very good RB

And why is White a questionable purchase? He's the first CB on the team sheet when fit.
Also I have no problem with him being Pep-lite, it works :lol:

Fair enough on the potential/new guys but they look like quality players to me, its nice to be linked with players that actually excite me and I think are likely to improve the squad.

Also worth noting that I don't massively rate Partey but I know a few here do. Gabriel, though, looks to be a potentially top class CB.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
The players let the rot set in, Wenger gave them autonomy and they abused it.

So you're accusing Wenger of dereliction of his duty as manager and abdication of his authority as coach.
At least now you admit it.
No more fence riding for you, my lad. You blame Wenger for the ills in the club and credit Arteta with cleaning up.

Good to know where you stand.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
There you go again. I spent all day yesterday on here saying we had to change the culture and we did. I even gave you examples - sacking Raul, making Arteta manager and not only a coach etc.

I don’t have a horse in this “culture” race.
So what is it that you disagree with?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
So you're accusing Wenger of dereliction of his duty as manager and abdication of his authority as coach.
At least now you admit it.
No more fence riding for you, my lad. You blame Wenger for the ills in the club and credit Arteta with cleaning up.

Good to know where you stand.
I’m saying he gave them freedom and autonomy. The fact that Mertesacker and Arteta were in charge of collecting fines proves this. I consider that a positive trait of his management even if the players took the piss in the end, that’s on them not him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’m saying he gave them freedom and autonomy. The fact that Mertesacker and Arteta were in charge of collecting fines proves this. I consider that a positive trait of his management even if the players took the piss in the end, that’s on them not him.
All clubs will have senior players who collect fines. At Utd it was Keane, and after that it was Neville.

Managers are busy doing other stuff.

I don’t know where you’re getting this players took the piss in the end stuff.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom