• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst individual performance by an Arsenal player

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, it's weird but "DNA" in certain competitions just is a thing. Madrid and the CL is the best example. We're shocking in Europe for some reason, but would always back us to come up with something in the FA Cup lol.

The European thing will have to change for Arteta. If we get the players he's in for, we must win the Europa league for me, no excuses.
The EL usually ends up with a couple of quality teams in the final rounds, wouldn't hold my breath with Arteta. Emery who wins the competition in his sleep couldn't get us over the line, how's the worst manager in the league going to fix that?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The EL usually ends up with a couple of quality teams in the final rounds, wouldn't hold my breath with Arteta. Emery who wins the competition in his sleep couldn't get us over the line, how's the worst manager in the league going to fix that?

You'd hope with the 200m that may be being pumped into the squad over the few months...

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Thread inspired by this:

What’s the worst individual performances that stick out in your mind? Almunia against West Brom in 10/11 always gets me:

This clip doesn’t even show the penalty he gave away

Almunia becoming an Arsenal goalkeeper, let alone staying for as long as he did, is Wenger's greatest recruitment mistake.

Absolute joke of a football player!

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the Arteta performance. Can't remember it exactly but he came on, conceded a penalty/own goal then got sent off/injured or something?

His own goal against West Brom at the Hawthornes is a memorable moment in an otherwise forgettable Arsenal career.

Pointless player, atrocious manager.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Uncle Mikel vs Bayern, 2013
Came on and gave away stupid free kick after stupid free kick. Killed our momentum dead and single-handedly cost us one of the greatest ever European comebacks. Trash player delivers trash result. Most craven captain in Arsenal's illustrious history.

Olivier Giroud vs Monaco, 2015

The most profligate striking performance of his Arsenal career. Cost us the tie with his misses and ****ed up the easiest draw we had in years. After having the Black Panther in Henry we were rewarded with a 3 footed jackal that thought he could dine at the high table.

Manuel Almunia vs Barcelona, 2006

This clown of a man was beaten on his near post and in the most important game of our club’s history. He was a shaky mess when he came on and predictably couldn’t save a word document. Awful. Garbage water level goalkeeper. Him having Arsenal on his CV is why he continues to pay his bills to this day the ****!

Thomas Vermaelen vs Man Utd, 2013

Horrendous display. Let Van Judas score against us too. He was like Bambi on ice, couldn’t stay on his feet and his clearances were garbage. Rubbish defender who at least made up for his clownish performances with a good goal return.

Emile Smith Rowe vs Newcastle, 2022

Absolutely diabolical and was rightfully hooked at half time. Had no impact on the game and looked a bag of nerves. Couldn’t even track back efficiently. Recent but makes the cut as it’s fresh in my mind. Terrible performance but he's young & hopefully will learn to not let the occasion get the better of him next time.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You have twisted my arm @A__G , I will participate in this just the once.

Feel this is forgotten because we won, but I have no idea how we won after a disaster-class like this...

Caught on the ball in the box...

Should have given away a dumb and needless pen...

Takes the ball off Luiz' head as he prepares to clear it, in order to flick it into the middle of his own ****ing net...

I really hated this gimp playing for us.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
There is nothing wrong with bashing genuinely crap/unlikeable players at Arsenal (Mustafi, Cech etc)

But guys like Caz and Kos were clearly quality players for us, them not being as good as the players at Highbury, doesn't change that.
What was likeable about Koscielny? Clearly quality is a huge stretch too. You can’t let us down as much as he did and not get called out for it.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Koscielny was a disaster waiting to happen you obviously didn’t actually watch games and just fancied him.

You honestly can’t say he was good unless he had Mertesacker babysit him every other pairing was a disaster.

A goal in the FA Cup final against Hull was never going to be enough to absolve him of every idiotic own goal, mistake & worst of all, that abysmal showing in the 2011 League Cup final.

He even sat there like a whipped dog & took Lee Bowyer's slap on his head like a cretin. Let's not even forget him crying in front of the squad when his sons asked him why Arsenal always loses. Poor kids :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
A goal in the FA Cup final against Hull was never going to be enough to absolve him of every idiotic own goal, mistake & worst of all, that abysmal showing in the 2011 League Cup final.

He even sat there like a whipped dog & took Lee Bowyer's slap on his head like a cretin. Let's not even forget him crying in front of the squad when his sons asked him why Arsenal always loses. Poor kids :lol:
If he was such a headless chicken we would have been 2-0 down.

I remember Alexis Sanchez was sh*t vs Man United but we gave him a goal in the FA Cup because of Koscielny.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom