• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Genuinely interested, how many Arsenal fans think he will be elite ?
No disrespect. I'm thinking you getting Jesus and Raphina would mean he gets less game time ?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He has suffered from being over hyped by muppet fans, that is all

Still a good player with high ceiling

The likes of Hagn, Bhavs and such doesn’t help in forming a sober analytics view of him

He is absolutely fine

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I flip flop between ESR and Martinelli, but pure eye test I do prefer Martinelli a shade more. I like his instincts.

Martinelli there's no telling, I've seen players with higher potential fail and lesser players than him make it at Arsenal.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I like the potential of Gabi a lot more as a centre forward. As a winger I'm still not sure yet but I'm glad we have both him and ESR.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I flip flop between ESR and Martinelli, but pure eye test I do prefer Martinelli a shade more. I like his instincts.

Martinelli there's no telling, I've seen players with higher potential fail and lesser players than him make it at Arsenal.
It will be fantastic if he reaches Walcott output for us.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
We have Mikel Arteta, he makes already elite players look completely pedestrian

He's exciting to watch but there's a difference between that and being actually an exciting player. His numbers look decent, yet he didn't have a good season, he can pull out some crazy dribbling at times, yet his actual highlights are basically running towards our own box to recover a ball.

His style looks prone to suffer a lot if he gets a big injury, beyond that I think he'll be a solid PL player but not really elite.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@Oxeki on a nostalgic Walcott binge these days, you love to see it!

On Martinelli, I think he does have top quality potential... think he's on the same level as Saka, if he can stay fit.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
@Oxeki on a nostalgic Walcott binge these days, you love to see it!

On Martinelli, I think he does have top quality potential... think he's on the same level as Saka, if he can stay fit.
Think man was underrated by our fans tbh. He scored 110 goals and had like 80 assists or so. But people still shat on him. I guess back then we had standards.

The present crop of Hale Enders are pampered too much imo

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Think man was underrated by our fans tbh. He scored 110 goals and had like 80 assists or so. But people still shat on him. I guess back then we had standards.

We have to understand the context, he played next to some amazing players and our standards were much different back then. Glorifying Martinelli has nothing to do with the Hale End, if anything, people **** on them all the time even though players from it were the only ones who generated some funds in recent years

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Still think Gabi is a CF and playing him on the wing is only temporary for development purposes.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Think he could link beautifully with Jesus. Their games compliment eachother.

I’d like to see Martinelli make more runs off the ball. He has the pace and finishing ability to be an absolute thorn for opposition defenders.

This goal was slept on imo. The run and finish were world class.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The hype as a 16 year old and giving him the 14 shirt meant the expectations were always gonna be too high for him. Had we signed him maybe as a 20/21 year old with less hype and he produced the same everyone would've been very happy with it.

balthazar

The hype as a 16 year old and giving him the 14 shirt meant the expectations were always gonna be too high for him. Had we signed him maybe as a 20/21 year old with less hype and he produced the same everyone would've been very happy with it.
Also Eriksson did him a great disservice of bringing him to the World Cup. It really put the spotlight and pressure on him.

Top Bottom