• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst individual performance by an Arsenal player

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

If he was such a headless chicken we would have been 2-0 down.

I remember Alexis Sanchez was sh*t vs Man United but we gave him a goal in the FA Cup because of Koscielny.

It sickens me that he's lionized as this brilliant defender even when it was clear as day Mertesacker was making him look better than he really was.

Revisionism has become a favorite pass time on A-M it seems :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Kos was a good defender. Im not having the slander. Quick, could read the game etc. I’ll agree he was lightweight and maybe mentally weak though.

Played in a 100% attack oriented team, mostly with lesser players around him like Almunia, Gibbs etc.

Better than White and Gabriel.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Koscielny was a disaster waiting to happen you obviously didn’t actually watch games and just fancied him.

You honestly can’t say he was good unless he had Mertesacker babysit him every other pairing was a disaster.
Yes I honestly can, because he was :lol: additionally, I remember at the time being one of the few posters who was pro-Mertesacker, the general consensus was that he was the CB Peter Crouch but even worse, which turned out to be nonsense.

Kos had rash moments in him but to dismiss his entire time here as "a disaster waiting to happen" or similar is revisionism on steroids.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Kos and Mertesacker made a great partnership, definitely better than what we have currently. And just like Gabriel does pretty much most of the work for our defense, Kos did most of the work for our defense back there.

Per was solid, but not indispensable by any means, while Kos kept injecting painkillers in his broken body because we couldn't afford to not play him

His bitter departure (Emery was right in us needing him but a promise is a promise) also marks the end of the banter era and the start of the.. hmm.. being depressing to watch era.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Kos was a good defender. Im not having the slander. Quick, could read the game etc. I’ll agree he was lightweight and maybe mentally weak though.

Played in a 100% attack oriented team, mostly with lesser players around him like Almunia, Gibbs etc.

The lack of that attribute effectively disqualifies him from being a good defender.

Possibly the position most requiring a player to possess exceptional mental fortitude.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

@Sapient Hawk won’t let me quote your post for some reason. But I’m one of ESR’s biggest supporters. No doubt he’ll be stronger this season, but that Newcastle performance was a genuine 0/10.

As am I, which is why I let him off easy compared to the rest who'd be more at home in a compost heap :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
The lack of that attribute effectively disqualifies him from being a good defender.

Possibly the position most requiring a player to possess exceptional mental fortitude.
I can think of 2/3 moments in his whole career where you look at him and question how tough he is, don’t think that should take away from him being a generally good defender.

Think I have seen Gabriel switch off for example, in big games, in 2 years, more than i have even seen from Kos in his career. But he’s a big tough Brazilian so we have to line up to suck him off.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

I can think of 2/3 moments in his whole career where you look at him and question how tough he is, don’t think that should take away from him being a generally good defender.

Think I have seen Gabriel switch off for example, in big games, in 2 years, more than i have even seen from Kos in his career. But he’s a big tough Brazilian so we have to line up to suck him off.

On this we definitely agree.

I'm not really a fan as I know he's a calamity-in -waiting. His size & aggression while nice bonuses can never really substitute tactical nous & general reading of the game where he sorely lacks both.

I'd love De Ligt here as he strikes me as the type of defender that Wenger would've wanted at the club due to the attributes he possesses.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

He missed that 1 on 1, which is brutal. Haven’t watched the game ever again, so can’t judge his performance, that night is a blur now. I know he missed that big chance at 1-0 which was massive.

Still don’t know how Almunia conceded those goals.

The damn ref from that night recently said he should've let Mad Jens stay on.

I genuinely believe had he done so & we went 0-1 down, we'd have been able to rally & beat Barca 11 v 11.

The loss of Pires was devastating let aline the fact Bergkamp never even took to the field!

Also, really wish we hung on to Vieira one more season. His presence in midfield would've negated anything Barca threw at us that night.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Koscielny had the highest peak out of any defender we've had in the Emirates era but also some of the lowest lows. Loved picking those stinkers at the worst possible moments too, should've been publicly flogged for that "clearance" vs Griezmann.

Gabriel isn't without his flaws either but a lot more steady in his performances than the ugly Frenchman. The latter disrespected the club as bad as anyone since RVP, did it as captain too. Glad his career and name are in the mud, hope he finds solace in being a meady alcoholic with his family.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
1. Traore vs Utd I'm the 8-2 loss

2. Diaby vs Utd 1st leg CL

3. Giroud vs Monaco

4. Stepanovs vs Utd 6-1

5. Luiz being subbed on against City giving away a penalty and being sent off with 30 minutes.

Any Kaba Diwara peformance. Whilst there was also plenty of shocking peformances from the likes Sanogo, Ramsey, Bellerin and Santos.

Top Bottom