• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 48 38.7%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Bro I didn't want to say anything cause people would think I'm a hater - but yes.

Saka is still seen as a kid by many so it's not as bad as a peer saying that to him, but as a grown man that's not how you'd want to be described. It's how you'd describe Theo Walcott when he was here.

It's even weirder because didn't some pundits use as similar phrase as an insult for Arsenal players? If someone described me like that I wouldn't take it as a massive compliment either, not necessarily insulting but it's just something I don't see any man caring about being described that way. I mean I'm sure most father would accept their daughter dating any top level footballer given the money they'd bring in. :lol:

I think it just says more about Southgate and why I don't rate him, fixated on pointless ****. Who gives a ****? Terry cheated on his wife with his friends girl and England fans didn't care once he continued to perform. Similar to someone like Rooney.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
The whole "you'd love your daughter to bring him home" thing comes across as so patronising. Reeks of "he's one of the good ones". Similar to the treatment Kante gets, it's a bit much.
Might be the context that a lot of the English younger players have massive egos and he doesnt trust them - he thinks Saka wont turn on him. And thats ignoring the cesspit that is utds youth academy

Tomb Bombadil

Nothing about contract extension? Not sure how we can convince him to sign a new contract besides a release clause or a massive contract.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He's starting tonight, because, you know, he hasn't played enough games the past 2 years and glorified friendlies and all.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The whole "you'd love your daughter to bring him home" thing comes across as so patronising. Reeks of "he's one of the good ones". Similar to the treatment Kante gets, it's a bit much.
Kante is a great guy though. Saka is same age as Foden and you wouldn’t say Foden is from great family. We already seen his chav mum have fist fights, teenage dad and just a proper asbo kid

Tom349

Calling it now but should Raphina arrive the plan will be for Saka to play as the left 8 in the role we asked Xhaka to play when we changed to a 4-3-3. Which I think that will also coincide with Lisandro Martinez should he also join playing an inverted left back essentially playing the role that Xhaka played before we switched to a 4-3-3.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Im pretty happy with Saka’s low profile. Look how much abuse Sterling stil gets to this day, I’ll take media darling over that until this day.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Calling it now but should Raphina arrive the plan will be for Saka to play as the left 8 in the role we asked Xhaka to play when we changed to a 4-3-3. Which I think that will also coincide with Lisandro Martinez should he also join playing an inverted left back essentially playing the role that Xhaka played before we switched to a 4-3-3.

I said this in another thread, but you beat me to it. Essentially he would be a 10 and if we want a double pivot, Martinez can slot in. Saka will explode there.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Im pretty happy with Saka’s low profile. Look how much abuse Sterling stil gets to this day, I’ll take media darling over that until this day.

But Sterling shouldn't be getting the abuse he gets, that's everyone else's problem not his. People should be able to be themselves. If Saka is genuinely a relatively quiet humble person (which I believe he is) fair enough but that particular piece of praise just seems very patronising.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

But Sterling shouldn't be getting the abuse he gets, that's everyone else's problem not his. People should be able to be themselves. If Saka is genuinely a relatively quiet humble person (which I believe he is) fair enough but that particular piece of praise just seems very patronising.
Like with everything people go over the top, sterling doesnt deserve it either, just saying im good with it. Saka saved himself being such a nice guy that everyone wants to succeed, anyone else missing that penalty would have been the villian in England for years

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Kante has been one of the best and most successful midfielders in the world, since 2016...so him being treated a bit like a child, hasn't hindered him and his career.

Sometimes it is a bit over the top, when they act like Saka is 10 years old...but all that really matters is if he is a quality player, which Bukayo clearly is.

Riou

I'm actually sick of hearing it now, honestly we should move on Tierney and Partey if we're talking about if they could stay fit every season.

Agree...we never seem to ever plan for this, despite it constantly happening to us.

Would add Tomi to that list, if he has injuries next year too.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Very true although Sterling doesn't strike me as particularly extrovert tbh. He's been targeted since he refused to stay at Liverpool whom the media love. Iirc, Rooney was targeted from age 20 and Beckham still gets shade whener the opportunity arises compared to Owen.Show the poison media your Milner persona and be yourself with your inner circle.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Like with everything people go over the top, sterling doesnt deserve it either, just saying im good with it. Saka saved himself being such a nice guy that everyone wants to succeed, anyone else missing that penalty would have been the villian in England for years
Bit different but I remember a Beckham effigy with a noose round its neck after his sending off in 1998. Pearce, Waddle, Batty and Southgate are the last group to escape real hate after the penalty misses. Football fans can be quite scummy tbh.

Riou

Bit different but I remember a Beckham effigy with a noose round its neck after his sending off in 1998.

Ironically enough.

I think Arsenal fans booed him the whole match and chanted "you let the county down", in his first match after the World Cup with United, as we smashed them in the 1998 Community Shield :lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Ironically enough.

I think Arsenal fans booed him the whole match and chanted "you let the county down", in his first match after the World Cup with United, as we smashed them in the 1998 Community Shield :lol:
Completely forgot that tbh! I was still basking in the glory of France winning and rewatching Paddy V assist Petit for the third goal.

Top Bottom