• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We're getting a guy who's played 200 odd games for a title challenging side by the age of 25. I think you'd have to be very picky to complain about this deal. Every player is different but in theory he hasn't hit his prime yet.
Children are never happy!

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Exactly. And that is the reason it's silly to go on and on about how he is not a clinical striker who will get 20+goals etc. I think he will help us get more goals as a team and that's more relevant then individual numbers. Love this signing.

Don't get me wrong, we need him to find the back of the net. Son was that only player to crack 20plus non penalty goals last season, so I'd say 15 non penalty goals would be a very good return from him.

But yeah, he will be an upgrade on what we've had outside of the box.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We all know G.Jesus not 30 goals striker and that's why we adding 15 goals a season winger. Having multi goal scorers are better than having one. Saka G.Jesus Martinelli Raphinha and Eddie all easily 15+ goals a season. Then you have ESR and Ødegaard who easily can give 10 goals. It's more fun and more problems for opponents.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Right now I'd probably say 10-15 goals in the league would be a starting target and I think he'd have done well with that, with the assumption that the likes of Raphinha/Saka/Gabi can hopefully chip in with 10+ as well.

I think he'll be quite suited to doing all the dirty work as well, dropping deep, linking up, creating space for the wide players.

I don't know, think he needs to be on the latter end of that estimate and has talent to do so. We'll see how the team is set up to attack next season, which is arguably Mikel's biggest challange.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why are people not allowed to be critical without being accused of having an agenda? Isn’t that the point of a forum.

I’m not critical, I like this signing but others are and they should be allowed to have their opinions.
I don't get it.You can't be even point out any flaw in a player without being accused of being negative. Always knew that @blrgooner is a pvssy. Can't even tag. Just constant indirect.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Screenshot-20220626-191347.png
1656269230496.png
With 1000 minutes less, coming into the league at 20 vs Laca coming in at his peak. Pretty decent upgrade all things considered!

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Why are people not allowed to be critical without being accused of having an agenda? Isn’t that the point of a forum.

I’m not critical, I like this signing but others are and they should be allowed to have their opinions.

Let's have some consistency though. People slagging off Jesus' goal record would cream themselves if we signed Osimhen, who has an equally unimpressive goal scoring record.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He's not a conventional no.9 but he has the ability to go up a level when given the trust and time.

He was given plenty of time at City, and was brought in with the faith that he can replace Aguero. I'm not sure why you think we can do what City and the Brazil national team couldn't. The man himself says that he would rather play on the wing.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I don't know, think he needs to be on the latter end of that estimate and has talent to do so. We'll see how the team is set up to attack next season, which is arguably Mikel's biggest challange.

That's kind of a reserved estimate from me. I'm still a bit believe it when I see it for our strikers getting enough decent chances over a league season on previous evidence but hopefully that can turn this season.

:fcrossed:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Let's have some consistency though. People slagging off Jesus' goal record would cream themselves if we signed Osimhen, who has an equally unimpressive goal scoring record.

Personally, the only forward that would have excited me would have Darwin Nunez. I'm on record wanting him before the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom