• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Messi and Cristiano built a career playing against dogshit defenders, half the guys in La liga that messi was humiliating were glorified part-timers.
This is utter nonsense. Have a look at the numbers of players who went from Spain to England during the period you're talking about. Many enjoyed greater success statistically in England. Totally invalid argument for taking merit away from Messi's achievements.

That said, yes, Ronaldo was the first we've seen in the modern era to put up Messi / Cristiano level numbers, and he did it 10 years earlier in a lower goal scoring environment in world football and in that league, in what was the best league in the world at the time (he also did it here in Spain, of course, in what was a weaker Spanish league compared to the rest of the world than the one Messi did it in).

With regard to CR7, I concur, he's only ahead of R9 because of longevity. But Messi does have something over R9 as a player, and that is playmaking. Prime R9 was a more dangerous striker, but Messi is just as potent of an attacking threat overall, if not slightly better.
In short, this sums it up ^ .

Re: Henry vs. R9...

R9 npG+A, Barcelona: 1.1 (/90)
Serie A pre-injury: 0.66

Henry at Arsenal:

You'd have to adjust for the goal scoring environment difference between England during those years Henry achieved those numbers and Ronaldo at Italy, but I would tend to agree that there isn't as much in it between Henry and Ronaldo as people are making out, I think it's the fact that we'd really never seen anything like Ronaldo when he first came up that makes us think he was that much better than Henry, when I think the more realistic argument is that they are actually pretty close, even if I'd still say Ronaldo pre-injury edges it (being the best player I've seen in my time watching football--post 95 more or or less--not named Messi).

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Ronaldo Nazario and Henry can't be compared they both Legendary strikers. One his career got ruined by bad luck injures. Ronaldo was very unstoppable when fit and Henry was unstoppable too. Football not producing these type of CF anymore.

Badger_Revenge

Trying to figure how this discussion is related to Raphinha. Is the idea that he could be the next CR9 CR7, Henry and Messi combined? If so, woot woot!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Trying to figure how this discussion is related to Raphinha. Is the idea that he could be the next CR9 CR7, Henry and Messi combined? If so, woot woot!
He watched and idolized Henry. Someone said Henry was the best evar and A-M typically tried to squash this as much as possible.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Garbage source, but expect the Barca Hagn to tweet it excitedly with a full moon emoji.

The only worry is that the actual article is ridicilously confident that Raphinha definitely wont join Arsenal. Its FC Barcelona's inofficial member magazine after all. But Piera is a prat.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
When it come to barca media the most reliable are Radio Catalunya and they have few respectable journalists can't remember thier name . Sport and Mundo deportivo aren't even tier 5 these days.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The Barcelona journalists are clearly sexually attracted to Raphinha.
Their respectable journalists never report these stuff in fact they haven't mention Raphinha name for 2 weeks since we became serious about this deal. Maybe this joaquim guy is massive fan or something

Reactions: A_G

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Lol how is Lewa worth that? Doesn't he have a year left as well.

That's how poor the striker market is. Don't know why they're signing him when they have Auba banging them in anyway. Just more proof they're an absolute **** show.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom