• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What you guys don't get is that Ronaldo came back from two career ending injuries to a higher level that a lot of what we see today.

Guys shouldn't have been playing right from a torn knee, let alone doing that knee twice and then getting your other knee completely done in.
Agree that he edges Henry but then at the same time I don’t think there was anything that R9 was clearly better than TH14 at, strength maybe? And flair but that’s not exactly something that makes a player better or worse than another. Okay I’ll give R9 the intricate dribbling as well.

I think comparing Henry to someone like R9 who is widely considered Messi/Ronaldo level at his peak just shows how good Henry was. I don’t know why he’s underrated, baffling.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
If Arsenal use financial muscle to push Barca off a player they want and we are the 5th place side in the UK, what does that say about the power of the PL financially in relation to continental giants? I don’t get into eyeball tests but if objectice measures matter in a debate that requires time machines; but the plain fact is that PL enjoy a quantitative financial advantage over the other big leagues beyond the typical streaks where one league dominates or another comes up. This advantage is structural, it isn’t like Italy dominating 90s or La Liga dominating the 2000s and 2010s. It can be reversed as no one is too big to fail, but that would take a giant change in current circumstances. The talent follows the money period

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
We're surely not buying him for £65m.

£55m max incl. add-ons, I'd say that's a deal.
I like him a lot as a player but £65m is nuts, your talking Pepe territory then almost. I think you're right that he'll probably go for less than that.

Still think Tielemans at half the price probably improves us more (possible that we still get both).

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Agree that he edges Henry but then at the same time I don’t think there was anything that R9 was clearly better than TH14 at, strength maybe? And flair but that’s not exactly something that makes a player better or worse than another. Okay I’ll give R9 the intricate dribbling as well.

I think comparing Henry to someone like R9 who is widely considered Messi/Ronaldo level at his peak just shows how good Henry was. I don’t know why he’s underrated, baffling.

That's a point I made to Playmaker as well. It's a matter of preference and I don't see why we need to bring in intricate stats like we're trying to win at Top Trumps or something.

It's like pointing at Ronaldo's 47 goals in 49 matches for Barcelona and then pointing to Thierry's 24 goals and 20 assists.

I mean, both are freak occurances that only the elite of the elite can match. It took 13 years and arguably one of the five best football players of ALL TIME (ALL TIME!) to break that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Raphinha said he grew up loving Henry, didn't he?

So in a way...us having his thread derailed with Thierry propaganda, is the best thing we could have done for him.

You're very welcome, Raph!

daron christie

Anyone comparing Henry to R9 just stop it please it’s embarrassing….what Henry best highlights is what R9 was doing every time he touched the damm ball….plus R9 in his peak like how Henry was would of won us the CL Final before or after going down to 10 men…think about it

El Duderino

Sources are from Goal and don't mention other publications.

Says there'll be more talks this week, player prefers Barça but they need to sell players and trim the wage bill. Leeds want 65m pounds, but the player's staff feel 50m could do it.

Arsenal want to get this over quickly because if it falls through they want to move to another targert.

El Duderino

Anyone comparing Henry to R9 just stop it please it’s embarrassing….what Henry best highlights is what R9 was doing every time he touched the damm ball….plus R9 in his peak like how Henry was would of won us the CL Final before or after going down to 10 men…think about it

*points towards your avi*

Plus, he had a real knack for hairstyling!

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

Tbf R9 never won the CL.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Pace, strength, finishing with both feet and dribbling. Listen to Thierry talk about him. Listen to an egomaniac like Zlatan talk about him. Listen to Mourinho and Pep speak about him. Listen to Zidane talk about him. It's no disrespect to Thierry but he was never at the level R9 was at. He sits at a different table in terms of ability and there's nothing wrong with that. Think of it this way; there are loons who compare Eto'o and Drogba to Henry. Nobody dares compare them to R9. It's unthinkable.

Batman

Raphinha said he grew up loving Henry, didn't he?

So in a way...us having his thread derailed with Thierry propaganda, is the best thing we could have done for him.

You're very welcome, Raph!
I think the derailing is fine because R9, Raphina and my Mrs. are all full Brazilian.

Batman

Been banging on about getting Maddison on here for ages.

Much rather him than Raph. Underrated attacking midfielder.
Maddison and Ben White in a team would make us look like we play in the chaviest part of Rivendell, not Islington.

Malky

Established Member
Pace, strength, finishing with both feet and dribbling. Listen to Thierry talk about him. Listen to an egomaniac like Zlatan talk about him. Listen to Mourinho and Pep speak about him. Listen to Zidane talk about him. It's no disrespect to Thierry but he was never at the level R9 was at. He sits at a different table in terms of ability and there's nothing wrong with that. Think of it this way; there are loons who compare Eto'o and Drogba to Henry. Nobody dares compare them to R9. It's unthinkable.
Not to mention that a legendary defender like Paolo Maldini refers to R9 as the best player he's ever played against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom