• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Screenshot-20220626-191347.png
a8b1e8779f8132ed9cf8ecbee885593c8f1c731217054a206e16e855eae03e50_1.jpg

Game Over

Been consistent with my thoughts on Jesus since we were first linked to him - he’s an improvement on what we had last season but not the 20-25 goal answer we were hoping for.

If he can play in that Man City side, with unparalleled creativity feeding him, and come away with 10-15 goals per season - he’s unlikely to start banging in 20+ under Arteta’s rigid system.

However, he does have good creative numbers and at only 25, maybe his finishing and goal numbers can improve. Our front 3 has potential to be very interchangeable and exciting too, if Arteta will loosen up on his rigidity.

Not to sound all negative, I’m sure he’ll do well and if Raphinha signs on top, it’s as exciting a front line as we’ve had in years. But, a Tammy/Scamacca/DCL in addition to Jesus would have been much more interesting in my opinion.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
All ima say if our fans tell us we’ve had a 10/10 window I don’t wanna hear stuttering when people ask if not finishing in the top 4 is a failure!

We on track to spend the most in the PL and probably Europe for a second season in a row.

Why are you not talking about us winning the Premier League?

Game Over

We on track to spend the most in the PL and probably Europe for a second season in a row.

Why are you not talking about winning the Premier League?

Should be aiming to compete for that 3rd spot at least.

The gap between us and City/Pool is still too big for a title challenge in my opinion. A second striker and CDM/CM signing would close that gap significantly though.

Wiltord's left boot

Been consistent with my thoughts on Jesus since we were first linked to him - he’s an improvement on what we had last season but not the 20-25 goal answer we were hoping for.

If he can play in that Man City side, with unparalleled creativity feeding him, and come away with 10-15 goals per season - he’s unlikely to start banging in 20+ under Arteta’s rigid system.

However, he does have good creative numbers and at only 25, maybe his finishing and goal numbers can improve. Our front 3 has potential to be very interchangeable and exciting too, if Arteta will loosen up on his rigidity.

Not to sound all negative, I’m sure he’ll do well and if Raphinha signs on top, it’s as exciting a front line as we’ve had in years. But, a Tammy/Scamacca/DCL in addition to Jesus would have been much more interesting in my opinion.
I suppose Arteta is looking at the City model of having more of a link man up front and then sharing the goals throughout the side. Even Liverpool have most of their goals come from the wide players. I'm not sure if Raphinha (if signed) and Saka either side of Jesus (if that's how we line-up) will be able to do this. They both strike me more of creative wide players rather than ruthless finishers, but Saka in particular has room to develop this and vastly improved his finishing last season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not saying this as shade or as anything other than fact.

DCL will score more goals this year 💯

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
IF we continue to do business in the market and bring in the likes of Raphinha and a better CM I think Jesus does well.

**** it, I'm gonna say 20goals from him this season in all comps :lol:

My only worry is post World Cup tail off, Brazilians love the World Cup and will be full blaze up until the tournament, worried whay happens if they have a collective ****ter.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm very happy with this signing.

You're probably looking at him as a 20 goal a season striker in all comps. PL proven. Relatively young. Versatile. In this day and age £45m isn't silly money.

He's not going to be getting as many chances at Arsenal but you'd hope the consistent game time would maybe even that out a little.

Kind of shocked me how good his starts to goals ratio at Man City was to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom