• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Think he could link beautifully with Jesus. Their games compliment eachother.

I’d like to see Martinelli make more runs off the ball. He has the pace and finishing ability to be an absolute thorn for opposition defenders.

This goal was slept on imo. The run and finish were world class.
:mad:

and you say you write for a living :lol:

(just kidding love you really)
((also agree with the post just wanted to troll you))

Think he could link beautifully with Jesus. Their games compliment eachother.

I’d like to see Martinelli make more runs off the ball. He has the pace and finishing ability to be an absolute thorn for opposition defenders.

This goal was slept on imo. The run and finish were world class.

His dribbling style seems little rigid, prone to injuries, heavily dependant on pace. Problem with head-down dribbling is you won't get the time and space to make decisions ealy, he reminds me more of Pedro.

Maybe he will look better in a creative system where he isn't just expected to press and cut-off passing lanes, I don't know.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Didn't Bruce Lee say something like... "I don't fear the man who practices 1000 different kicks, I fear Martinelli's right foot" ...yes?

As long as Gabby stays fit, he will be quality for us, one footed or not.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
His dribbling style seems little rigid, prone to injuries, heavily dependant on pace. Problem with head-down dribbling is you won't get the time and space to make decisions ealy, he reminds me more of Pedro.

Maybe he will look better in a creative system where he isn't just expected to press and cut-off passing lanes, I don't know.

If anything, he should be more like Pedro in making runs in behind. Pedro was so key to that famous Barcelona side because he did his most effective stuff off the ball.

I think if Martinelli places less emphasis on getting involved in our build up play and became the guy to add the finishing touch, he’d be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If anything, he should be more like Pedro in making runs in behind. Pedro was so key to that famous Barcelona side because he did his most effective stuff off the ball.
Pedro did play like that, but he was good with the ball at his feet as well, something I don't feel with Martinelli. But you are right, if he stays on the wing, he should play like Pedro (simple and effective)

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Pedro did play like that, but he was good with the ball at his feet as well, something I don't feel with Martinelli. But you are right, if he stays on the wing, he should play like Pedro (simple and effective)

Harsh saying Martinelli isn’t good with the ball at his feet. He can be a bit sloppy some times but in general he’s a good dribbler. But if he mixes his game up and makes more penetrative runs he’ll be such a threat.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Martinelli really improved his wing play and dribbling this season, not sure why he’s being called a poor dribbler.

He makes some very tight dribbles in and around the penalty area these days, and is more decisive with it.

He used to look like a striker playing left wing, but this season looked more comfortable there. Not saying it’s his future position just saying the fact he has shown such progression is very promising.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Martinelli really improved his wing play and dribbling this season, not sure why he’s being called a poor dribbler.

He makes some very tight dribbles in and around the penalty area these days, and is more decisive with it.

He used to look like a striker playing left wing, but this season looked more comfortable there. Not saying it’s his future position just saying the fact he has shown such progression is very promising.
He really impressed me at the game last night in tight spaces. He just couldn't convert or make the incisive decision to create better chances once he did beat his man. He's a relentless bolt of lightning too. You can just tell he's a phenomenal athlete. There's just a tiny bit missing to his game there that we have to see if he can unlock consistently.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can anyone tell me what suddenly made Arteta think of using Martinelli as a left wing back?

I remember him doing it a couple of times last season, in particular away at Newcastle, and imo it exacerbates his weaknesses.

Back in Auba territory again. His passing and delivery is mid, but his movement and finishing are excellent.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Reckon Zinchenko will make life a lot easier for Martinelli. Can offload a lot of the ball retention on the left side to him and just focus on finding space and making runs. He's still pretty raw with the ball at his feet but he looks very dangerous when he doesn't have to think too much and instead just attack space or take a touch or two before shooting or passing. I honestly can't recall Martinelli having the ball for 5+ seconds ever ending in a positive. Obviously it has happened but the vast majority of the times I've been impressed by him is when he was facing goal, with space to attack.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
He stretches the opponent back line. Always available for a long kick from ramsdale. Just needs better decisions which will come with experience.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I don’t get how people act like he’s gonna be better than Saka or more important or higher ceiling or whatever.

Saka is 100x the player Martinelli is and it will take a lot of Gabby to reach Bukayo’s level and by that time Saka will be on another level. Martinelli hasn’t even learned to look up with the ball he’s miles away.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom