• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

MA08

This is worrying if true. The last thing we need is another mentally weak player.
Playing for Brazil as a CF is one of the most difficult thing in world football. So it is hardly any surprise that he had a breakdown... similarly the striker is the most abused position in a Guardiola's team. the demands from the striker is far too much compared to any other team. He will grow here being the main man and no one breathing down his neck if he misses a few sitters.. Some players thrive when they know htey can fail.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I too have been consistent with my thoughts on this and whole heartedly agree with your opening sentence, but taken some more time over the weekend and broadened my perspective a litte.

It's been so long since we had a striker who could contribute off the ball that I feel we need to think about this a little differently.

Now hear me out - I am not for ONE second comparing G. Jesus to Benzema talent wise, but for many years, when Real Madrid were scoring 90+ goals, he was often criticised for being lacking ruthlessness. He scored 16 in 2 seasons from 2016-18 (over 61 games) in La Liga with a Real Madrid that was dominating Europe.

Yet I honestly believe his role was massively underrated - drift wide, pull defenders out of position, and create space for others. Out of possession - press high and force turnovers. He made everyone around him better, and was a big game player.

I don't think G. Jesus will get near Benzema's output in goals or assists, but I do think (and I include myself in this) we need to revise our perception of his goalscoring numbers based on the role he played at City.
I agree about the work and effect of Benzema but when he was doing the hard work, Madrid always had someone to score a ridiculous amount of goals. I don't see that with Nketiah or any other forward so it still feels like we're short attacking wise. I really hope GJ does well for us.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Knew he wasn’t clinical but it’s worse than I thought.

We’re hoping heavily that something clicks for him mentally or he’s going to get 10 goals next season. 😅
I’d say 10 non penalty goals in the league myself at a guess. With a lot of assists and running ofcourse. Which is better than 2021/22 Laca.

If I’m wrong f*ck it just a harmless guess based on the data available to us, he could easily do a Ramsdale.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I’d say 10 goals in the league myself at a guess. With a lot of assists and running ofcourse. Which is better than 2021/22 Laca.

If I’m wrong f*ck it just a harmless guess based on the data available to us.

Running around for Arteta once City was done with him was always his destiny.
If he gets 10 PL goals, he needs to restrict comments on his social media accounts or it’s going to be long for him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If he gets 10 PL goals, he needs to restrict comments on his social media accounts or it’s going to be long for him.
I predicted ESR would finish the season with half the amount in the league and he got double digits in 6 months.

Bodes well for Jesus. You can get away with 10 if you look good doing it anyways.

Badger_Revenge

He could score 15 and that would be a huge improvement on recent center forwards. But, given the role Arteta will likely want him to play, I think his larger effect will be on the goal scoring of the team as a whole. And that is what counts on the scoreboard.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

This is worrying if true. The last thing we need is another mentally weak player.
its a pretty nice situation for him here... a big pay rise to drop down a level + no real rival for the striker position

maybe we see him kick on in this environment if pressure was an issue with Brazil / CF at City 🤷‍♂️

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

We’re hoping heavily that something clicks for him mentally or he’s going to get 10 goals next season. 😅

His stats per 90 paint a very different picture. Something like 0.6 goals per game which is better than 1 in 2.

I've gone full circle here.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
its a pretty nice situation for him here... a big pay rise to drop down a level + no real rival for the striker position

maybe we see him kick on in this environment if pressure was an issue with Brazil / CF at City 🤷‍♂️

Fine recipe for complacency then. He needs to come here with a point to prove. Meant to be a grafter though so I’m hopeful he can kick on and we witness his peak years.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
For me Jesus is scoring 12-15 PL goals next season. Laca won POTS here with like 12 goals because he added so much clutchness and other things to us.

So if Jesus can add like 13-14 PL goals while making those around him better I would see it as a successful first season for sure.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Fine recipe for complacency then. He needs to come here with a point to prove. Meant to be a grafter though so I’m hopeful he can kick on and we witness his peak years.
could be a player that just needs to enjoy his football... Brazil CF & the title races at City where you need 90-100 points each season is mad pressure

we can lose more than a third of games & still take top four to the last day ffs... which is still deemed to be 'overachieving' :lol:

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
could be a player that just needs to enjoy his football... Brazil CF & the title races at City where you need 90-100 points each season is mad pressure

we can lose more than a third of games & still take top four to the last day ffs... which is still deemed to be 'overachieving' :lol:

Jeez how far have we fallen. 😫

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

We almost got top 4 with Sherman Klump leading the line and going goalless for months at a time. Jesus will be a clear upgrade not just in terms of putting the ball in the back of the net but not crippling our general play tripping over his tits in midfield rather than offering a threat in the box.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sounds like me tbf. I recall that stuff is partially true anyways, but he was a boy at the time.

Furthermore he’s not really gonna be an out and out CF is he? I assume he’s going to do Lacazette’s role but better.

Nah, this bloke supports a whole new team that have just won the CL and is still obsessed with arsenal lmao.

Yeah that's the plan, you have to hope he can up his numbers as well. If he scores 15 goals whilst offering what he does around the pitch he's a top top player. Quite confident he'll achieve that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom