• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 šŸ›’

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,494

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
I've been a massive ESR fan since that Youth Cup in 2018 when he and Amaechi tore **** up.

What's happened to him this past season though? He receives the ball then takes one touch then hands it to someone else.

He's become really bitty/peripheral. I want to see him get on the ball, take his time squaring up the full back then rinse him on the inside like he can do so well.

He got managed by Mikel Arteta

It's quite impressive how he got so many goals from such miserable management, but yeah with every game he looked less relevant, to the point he ended up looking as good as Nuno Tavares in an important match for us.

According to the trends, he'll probably be an unwanted figure by the end of next season.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I've been a massive ESR fan since that Youth Cup in 2018 when he and Amaechi tore **** up.

What's happened to him this past season though? He receives the ball then takes one touch then hands it to someone else.

He's become really bitty/peripheral. I want to see him get on the ball, take his time squaring up the full back then rinse him on the inside like he can do so well.
Heā€™s clearly unfit and doesnā€™t trust his body. Hence why heā€™s resorted into playing simple safe passes. He is more than capable of beating a man with a dribble or using his PnP but he needs to be 100% for that to happen.

RunTheTrap

He got managed by Mikel Arteta

It's quite impressive how he got so many goals from such miserable management, but yeah with every game he looked less relevant, to the point he ended up looking as good as Nuno Tavares in an important match for us.

According to the trends, he'll probably be an unwanted figure by the end of next season.
Not everything is down to Arteta. ESR has always had issues when it comes to his fitness. I do think the Martinelli/ESR hate goes a bit overboard. Neither of them get to have an ā€œĆ˜degaardā€ on their side like Saka has. And Iā€™m not being critical on Xhaka. Xhaka simply canā€™t do what Ƙdegaard can do. Thirdly, ESR lacks a profile. Is he going to be an 8? A Grealish type winger? Maybe even a false 9? He has many good attributes but itā€™s hard to find a place for him, especially when we sign all these attacking players. It just shows how quick things can change. He was being courted by Villa, was on set to becoming our POTS early in the season and now people want him sold.

RunTheTrap

I would like to fight this guy. Arsenal mania need to set up a fight between us. I promise you guys I wonā€™t let you down
I got some good news and some bad news. Good news youā€™ll get your fight, the bad, youā€™ll be on the undercard for the Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury fight.

• Fire
Reactions: A_G

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I got some good news and some bad news. Good news youā€™ll get your fight, the bad, youā€™ll be on the undercard for the Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury fight.
I take it. Btw there is no way Tommy will fight Jake. The Furyā€™s name will be attached to Jake after he knocks out Tommy

Legend14

Established Member
Not everything is down to Arteta. ESR has always had issues when it comes to his fitness. I do think the Martinelli/ESR hate goes a bit overboard. Neither of them get to have an ā€œĆ˜degaardā€ on their side like Saka has. And Iā€™m not being critical on Xhaka. Xhaka simply canā€™t do what Ƙdegaard can do. Thirdly, ESR lacks a profile. Is he going to be an 8? A Grealish type winger? Maybe even a false 9? He has many good attributes but itā€™s hard to find a place for him, especially when we sign all these attacking players. It just shows how quick things can change. He was being courted by Villa, was on set to becoming our POTS early in the season and now people want him sold.
When you have a player like ESR, you need to put him in a position where he can excel. Heā€™ll make his own name if you do. Arteta went away from him as a starter when he was injured or had Covid or something and when Martinelli impressed. Arteta tends to play the hot player or the player that he has 100 percent trust in, regardless of the level of their performances ( Xhaka, Ƙdegaard, Bellerin, Laca).

ESR is an impact player. Not many players are. I donā€™t feel Arteta was for Arsenal, so he canā€™t relate. If ESR does not succeed here, it will be no fault of his. Personally, if well, Iā€™d play him over Ƙdegaard, especially against tougher teams. He makes great things happen.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
ESR lacks a profile. Is he going to be an 8? A Grealish type winger? Maybe even a false 9? He has many good attributes but itā€™s hard to find a place for him, especially when we sign all these attacking players.

He has a profile, but we're not developing it. He got thrown to a wing and he delivered interesting solo efforts and goals out of nowhere until the nuances of how we want our wingers to work, basically run around a lot so we can defend a bit better, got to him and his performances got worse as a result. In terms of vision or link up with the likes of Saka, we're killing that outright for no good reason. What I see is a player with interesting traits heavily mismanaged

Btw people don't want him sold, people think he's going to be sold. As you say, the attacking players that we're signing mean him and Martinelli (assuming Raphinha happens) are in trouble. They will have a lot less minutes and might find themselves out of favour if they fail to impress in the opportunities they will get.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
He has a profile, but we're not developing it. He got thrown to a wing and he delivered interesting solo efforts and goals out of nowhere until the nuances of how we want our wingers to work, basically run around a lot so we can defend a bit better, got to him and his performances got worse as a result. In terms of vision or link up with the likes of Saka, we're killing that outright for no good reason. What I see is a player with interesting traits heavily mismanaged

Btw people don't want him sold, people think he's going to be sold. As you say, the attacking players that we're signing mean him and Martinelli (assuming Raphinha happens) are in trouble. They will have a lot less minutes and might find themselves out of favour if they fail to impress in the opportunities they will get.

The way I see it is ESR and Martinelli aren't consistently good enough to start in the PL for a team who wants top 4 just yet. So bring in Raphinha to up our starting quality.

ESR and Martinelli will get games in Europa, League Cup, FA Cup and back ups. It should give them the hunger to give them more motivated performances when they do start. If they do well enough they have the opportunity to bench one of the starters.

The way I see it is, when ESR was given starts he was highly motivated to prove himself. When he had less competition to start he got more complacent and his level dropped.

Overall neither ESR or Martinelli have a well enough rounded game yet to be PL starters. For this reason it's possible the Europa is a blessing in disguise. It's great for our B team to get experience and develop.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
When you have a player like ESR, you need to put him in a position where he can excel. Heā€™ll make his own name if you do. Arteta went away from him as a starter when he was injured or had Covid or something and when Martinelli impressed. Arteta tends to play the hot player or the player that he has 100 percent trust in, regardless of the level of their performances ( Xhaka, Ƙdegaard, Bellerin, Laca).

ESR is an impact player. Not many players are. I donā€™t feel Arteta was for Arsenal, so he canā€™t relate. If ESR does not succeed here, it will be no fault of his. Personally, if well, Iā€™d play him over Ƙdegaard, especially against tougher teams. He makes great things happen.
Jesus wept the moaning on here about the Manager. Arteta has a lot to prove, but he can't be blamed for every single thing.

ESR got injured and then didn't really find full fitness again, so lost confidence and form. That's all it is. Arteta loves the player, and when he was fully fit he featured in every game, mostly from the start. It was clear when we saw him in the second half of the season that he was struggling with running power and stamina - getting gassed by an hour like Laca.

If ESR can sort out his physical side, he'll be fine because he can fulfill multiple roles, carry a goal threat and transport the ball brilliantly. But its the same question since he was 16 - the talent is all there, as is the ability to read the game in real time - but can he stay fully fit?

Legend14

Established Member
Jesus wept the moaning on here about the Manager. Arteta has a lot to prove, but he can't be blamed for every single thing.

ESR got injured and then didn't really find full fitness again, so lost confidence and form. That's all it is. Arteta loves the player, and when he was fully fit he featured in every game, mostly from the start. It was clear when we saw him in the second half of the season that he was struggling with running power and stamina - getting gassed by an hour like Laca.

If ESR can sort out his physical side, he'll be fine because he can fulfill multiple roles, carry a goal threat and transport the ball brilliantly. But its the same question since he was 16 - the talent is all there, as is the ability to read the game in real time - but can he stay fully fit?
He canā€™t put himself in as 10, which is the number he wears. Only Arteta can do that. He plays out of position. He was fit enough to be more impactful.

Gunner-Union

We need cm options and is t Corentin Tolliso on a free ? Heā€™s 27 and I always throught a good box 2 box type or has he really tailed off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom