• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
No criticism as I actually don’t mind Pepe being included but it’s pretty unrealistic to have him part of our plans since he’s clearly not trusted by our manager.

Trusted by our manager to do what? Cause Pepe is not good enough to be a starter but he's more than good enough to be a second choice. The gap between him and Saka isn't like super huge, if you tell me Pepe is so bad we can't have him as backup then Saka isn't good enough to be first choice either.

Maybe Arteta should learn to trust his players more rather than think he can throw his toys out of his pram without consequences.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I get what you're saying, but was Vieira necessary for 30m when our priority should be improving the starting 11? He may well end up being a player, but this season, he'll very much be eased in. I've not actually seen him play so don't want to say too much, but doesn't it make more sense to spend extra to get the 2 or 3 top level players to elevate us.
It's an odd one because Vieira looks like a bit of a luxury signing squad wise but his raw talent could be insane just going off the last 12 months that he's had... Might not survive first contact with the PL, but he could look like a bargain at £30m. Chelsea have got a brilliant player as well in Raphinha but they've very much paid the price for it. I think we ultimately just weren't quite attractive enough to see off the level of interest in him this time. Want to see what the Plan B is - personally never thought that we'd land both Raph + Tielemans so if we prioritise Youri now then that would be brilliant.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wonder if this is all a domino effect of Mane's transfer to Bayern. Looks like Dembele might end up at Liverpool, perhaps forcing Boehly into bidding for Raphinha as an alternative.

Legend14

Established Member
It's an odd one because Vieira looks like a bit of a luxury signing squad wise but his raw talent could be insane just going off the last 12 months that he's had... Might not survive first contact with the PL, but he could look like a bargain at £30m. Chelsea have got a brilliant player as well in Raphinha but they've very much paid the price for it. I think we ultimately just weren't quite attractive enough to see off the level of interest in him this time. Want to see what the Plan B is - personally never thought that we'd land both Raph + Tielemans so if we prioritise Youri now then that would be brilliant.
If Vieira can beat players off the dribble, its much harder to mark him out of match. If so, he could upgrade Ødegaard.

Didn’t think this was a priority though.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Raphinha would have been the better signing. On the ascension and Arsenal would have been cultivating a decent chunk of the Brazilian NT front line with him here.

Gnabry just looking for the bag at this point of his career, I'd only be in favour of bringing him if an equally big name came alongside him to ease the pressure on him a bit.
I wanted Gnabry too but if the salary is north of £400k it doesn't seem as likely that we'd break our wage structure for him. Like you said these sort of moves often end quite badly, but if we had £55m + wages ready for the Raph deal, part of me thinks what's the problem with paying the same for Gnabry as the total package. Think we get hung up on whether the money goes to the selling club or the player tbh. It's all the same pot of money at the end of the day. Give Gnabry a £30m signing on fee + £150k a week, that's a pretty hard offer to turn down

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Are you seriously paying 60m for depth at RW. Are you an Arsenal fan historically or did you move over from City, Chelsea, United? 60m is a starter at Arsenal, without question. Where do you move star-boy, player of the year x2, Saka?

You need to join this reality. We do not have that type of budget for depth, as you can see, so we’ll need to be a little smarter.

Lets hear your logic..backed by an Arsenal budget.
This conversation is pointless because you are obviously not one for logic, who said we are spending 60 million just on depth ?, Maybe you don't understand the difference between player's that are filler players used for depth,

Ie. Your Tavares, Lakonga's, El neny's, and actual squad depth used to improve the overall quality of the squad:facepalm:, and whose to say saka and Raphinha couldn't have played in the same team, or are you also limited to just thinking Saka can play on the right, also We paid 70 million for pepe and he can't even get into the team,

It's because of fans like you with 0 aspirations of being better, is the reason this club languishes in the also rans of this league who are happy to pick up their participation trophy for best *Vibes and pseudo youth projects, hearing you waffle on about STAR BOY saka and his x2 player of the year in a team that finished 8th and 5th voted by the fans is honestly doing my head in...

Last edited:

Legend14

Established Member
This conversation is pointless because you are obviously not one for logic, who said we are spending 60 million just on depth ?, Maybe you don't understand the difference between player's that are filler players used for depth,

ie. Your Tavares, Lakonga's, El neny's, and actual squad depth used to improve the overall quality, and whose to say saka and Raphinha couldn't have played in the same team, or are you also limited to just thinking Saka can play on the right, also We paid 70 million for pepe and he can't even get into the team,

It's because of fans like you with 0 aspirations of being better, is the reason this club languishes in the also rans of this league who are happy to pick up their participation trophy for best *Vibes and pseudo youth projects, hearing you waffle on about STAR BOY saka and his x2 player of the year in a team that finished 8th and 5th voted by the fans is honestly doing my head in...
Its not about me, so best to check your personal attacks.

You basically explained nothing other than you prefer having this player. Fairly obvious you are not a Saka fan. You have no answer to where the player will play and why he is a 60m priority and why we would consider moving a very successful player out to accommodate, and how we can afford such a luxury.

Bored already. Moving on.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

What are we 'waiting' for ?

It’s likely to do with the structure of the payments to be made to Leeds. We could match Chelsea or even exceed their price, but Chelsea probably have more upfront than we do.

Unlikely that Leeds accept us now, unless Raphinha wants to come here instead. Also unlikely without CL.

Hard to take but we move. Hopefully another solid target in our plans.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Its not about me, so best to check your personal attacks.

You basically explained nothing other than you prefer having this player. Fairly obvious you are not a Saka fan. You have no answer to where the player will play and why he is a 60m priority and why we would consider moving a very successful player out to accommodate, and how we can afford such a luxury.

Bored already. Moving on.
Wow I'm actually quite astonished at what I'm reading, you're either trolling or extremely dense.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I wanted Gnabry too but if the salary is north of £400k it doesn't seem as likely that we'd break our wage structure for him. Like you said these sort of moves often end quite badly, but if we had £55m + wages ready for the Raph deal, part of me thinks what's the problem with paying the same for Gnabry as the total package. Think we get hung up on whether the money goes to the selling club or the player tbh. It's all the same pot of money at the end of the day. Give Gnabry a £30m signing on fee + £150k a week, that's a pretty hard offer to turn down
Does Gnabry speak Portuguese? If the answer is no there you have why. Edu only speaks in Portuguese at the phone.

yorch44

Ie. Your Tavares, Lakonga's, El neny's, and actual squad depth used to improve the overall quality of the squad:facepalm:, and whose to say saka and Raphinha couldn't have played in the same team, or are you also limited to just thinking Saka can play on the right, also We paid 70 million for pepe and he can't even get into the team,

I don't think fans are the reason of nothing at all... Or do you think Artera and Edu ar reading this, make an analysis and say... See AM posters are saying we don't need Raphinha... Don't sign him. Only here to blame are Edu, Arteta and the owner. Use your neurons.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
I don't think fans are the reason of nothing at all... Or do you think Artera and Edu ar reading this, make an analysis and say... See AM posters are saying we don't need Raphinha... Don't sign him. Only here to blame are Edu, Arteta and the owner. Use your neurons.
Ok another dense one, did I actually say the "fans" are the reason for our failure to aquire raphina ?, or did I say the fans have a lack of ambition and are content with the status quo, is this a visual impairment issue or reading comprehension ?, I'm not sure.

yorch44

Ok another dense one, did I actually say the "fans" are the reason for our failure to aquire raphina ?, or did I say the fans have a lack of ambition and are content with the status quo, is this a visual impairment issue or reading comprehension ?, I'm not sure.
Wow dense? Is that new word you learned? Good to see you have a new dictionary!

And yes, fans don't have any influence in anything at this club. They give a shiiiite about us. If they were they would try to win some trophies and not just money with stupid Amazon series. I get you are mad but be mad with the idiots we have as board.

yorch44

And believe me, if I as fan would have any sort of influence or whatever... Xhaka would be cleaning the bathrooms with his tongue and nothing more.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Two parts to the agreement, the club and the player. It seems that the player must also agree. It is possible that Edu’s BBQ’s are more appealing.

I wouldn’t hold my breath though.
In times like this you really hope he cooked that meat to perfection when Raphinha was around.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Won’t loose my sleep over loosing out on Raphina. If we have that kind of money, there are better players to go after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom