• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Cheaper, plays LB as his primary position, and knows Arteta during their time worked together at City.

I have no idea why some fans in here think it's a good idea to sign Martinez who had been used primary as CB and also DM to play as LB. Zinchenko fits the profile Arteta is looking for more than Martinez imo.

I'd imagine because Martinez is a significantly better defender and passer. Zinchenko looks like a brilliant ball carrier though

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wow, if we lose out on both of these guys this window goes from very positive to an absolute nightmare. Gonna make me look like a right ****ing mug at work too.
Yes it sucks but there like too much time left to get alternatives. The only downsides from losing these targets it may affect us early in season because lack of pre season for them. But after losing Raphinha time to be more aggressive here

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Would be interesting to see United play in EPL with a 169cm LB in Malacia, and the shortest LCB in the league. Teams would target that side with longer players and long balls.

We don't have so much trouble with having a couple shorter players now when the backbone of the team is tall.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Would be interesting to see United play in EPL with a 169cm LB in Malacia, and the shortest LCB in the league. Teams would target that side with longer players and long balls.

We don't have so much trouble with having a couple shorter players now when the backbone of the team is tall.
Either way we should be aggressive with this one good thing we made 2nd bid and they consider it utd still want to get 2 important deals Antony and de Jong over the line first.

drippin

Either way we should be aggressive with this one good thing we made 2nd bid and they consider it utd still want to get 2 important deals Antony and de Jong over the line first.
Yeah, to me it seems like a wise addition to the squad which there are not many similar available, so in that sense I see what you say.

On the other hand I understand if the club doesn't want to overpay (in the overall sum or the structure of the deal) for anyone, because we need many players.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Yeah, to me it seems like a wise addition to the squad which there are not many similar available, so in that sense I see what you say.

On the other hand I understand if the club doesn't want to overpay (in the overall sum or the structure of the deal) for anyone, because we need many players.
That true about not overpay part also i feel the reason we didn't want to go full on Raphinha because we want 2-3 more signings. Zinchenko will be an option if we lose out lisandro but can't see him moving until man city buy LB.

drippin

That true about not overpay part also i feel the reason we didn't want to go full on Raphinha because we want 2-3 more signings. Zinchenko will be an option if we lose out lisandro but can't see him moving until man city buy LB.
If the rumours of Leeds wanting most of the sum upfront is true, it's a no-go likely, because most of our deals are structured in a longer way which helps overall getting more deals over the line.

But Chelsea is always a risk. A player can also wait for better transfer for them, which is also what Tielemans might be doing right now. When that is the situation, it doesn't matter really how much the club tries to hurry up. Unless they break their wage structure in a bad way.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Might be our final try you'd think. Surely we won't go higher than that before moving on to other targets? That's a very decent bid.
Yes it's ridiculously high and 15m above his actual value. If they reject that just go buy Zinchenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom