• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Our bid according to this is 45M€ total if they do reject this just walk out we paying 15m above his actual value. Also why they didn't respond.

Utd very interested but didn't make any bid

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Re: Zinchenko, I think it's pretty simple. He's not coming here to take the same role as he has at City.
Yeah, although hasn't City tried to upgrade him for a long time? So basically in the future he would be a bench player at City.

Here I'm thinking he would start at midfield or LB for sure.

But I assume that Arsenal wants someone like Tielemans for CMF role, so in that sense Martinez would fit us better.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They basically waiting for manutd if they gonna match our bid or not. There no reason to not respond a near 50m€ bid.

drippin

Our bid according to this is 45M€ total if they do reject this just walk out we paying 15m above his actual value. Also why they didn't respond.

Utd very interested but didn't make any bid
Is this reliable? Local Argentinian journalist at least?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Yeah, although hasn't City tried to upgrade him for a long time? So basically in the future he would be a bench player at City.

Here I'm thinking he would start at midfield or LB for sure.

But I assume that Arsenal wants someone like Tielemans for CMF role, so in that sense Martinez would fit us better.
I think you are discounting significantly the use of Fabio at 8 like Bernardo at City.

It squares totally with the pursuit and willingness to offer a significant outlay on Lisandro.

Basically I think the plan is to play Lisandro at LB when Fabio is at 8, and Tierney at LB when Xhaka is at 8.

(I don't see us selling Xhaka the more I think about it; we have an extremely young team and I think Arteta values some balance in the dressing room in terms of experience, and Xhaka's seniority and experience offers that.)

drippin

I think you are discounting significantly the use of Fabio at 8 like Bernardo at City.

It squares totally with the pursuit and willingness to offer a significant outlay on Lisandro.

Basically I think the plan is to play Lisandro at LB when Fabio is at 8, and Tierney at LB when Xhaka is at 8.

(I don't see us selling Xhaka the more I think about it; we have an extremely young team and I think Arteta values some balance in the dressing room in terms of experience, and Xhaka's seniority and experience offers that.)
You could be onto something, yeah. Not sure if Vieira is planned to be a starter this season though with his inexperience, but with this big outlay he is surely planned for it in the future.

About Xhaka yeah, although if we could get Tielemans, for let's say 30 million, and sell Xhaka for 15 million, I want the club to make the switch instantly for the player with good experience, similar or better level and younger age.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Like Ben White all over again ffs. Transfermarkt says he’s nearly 5ft 9, Wikipedia says he 5ft 2. Lol. What’s with Arteta and midget CBs, who nobody seems to know their actual height.

drippin

Like Ben White all over again ffs. Transfermarkt says he’s nearly 5ft 9, Wikipedia says he 5ft 2. Lol. What’s with Arteta and midget CBs, who nobody seems to know their actual height.
I think Ornstein has tweeted he is planned to be a LB.

I have said he can replace Holding in the squad and cover Partey also.

Would be good acquisition for multiple positions.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think Ornstein has tweeted he is planned to be a LB.

I have said he can replace Holding in the squad and cover Partey also.

Would be good acquisition for multiple positions.
He must know he wouldn’t play much though with White, and Saliba coming back, and a with a fit Tomi. And we already have two LBs and Holding and Gabriel.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
He must know he wouldn’t play much though with White, and Saliba coming back, and a with a fit Tomi. And we already have two LBs and Holding and Gabriel.
He's 5"9, and can play competently to very well in 3 positions. I've seen him in midfield and I'd have absolutely no issue with him getting 15 starts a season for us as a number 6 or in a double pivot straight away. Ajax's centre backs basically play in midfield half the time anyway as half the league are sub Championship level. And although he isn't really a LB, he is perfectly good there, because he's got decent acceleration, bite in his tackles and a fantastic passing ability. Been high on this guy for 3 years - even in S America on the couple of occasions I saw chunks of games, he looked a real player. If he's at CB he matches up better with Saliba than White, but at least he can run, unlike Holdinho

drippin

I just said he would likely replace Holding in the squad. Tavares will be out very likely.

So we have 2nd LCB role, 1st/2nd LB role and 2nd DMF role available for him to find minutes in.

While Tierney and Partey are injury-prone.

A lot of good minutes for him.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

The idea that Lisandro 6 months before a world cup will leave Ajax starting 11 and UCL to first and foremost be a backup for a team in Europa League seems insane.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I don't know why we are so reluctant to bin Xhaka and get CMs but we go and plan to spend a lot in CBs when we 4 fully capable players there. A team dies by their weaker position and ours is definitely the CM and midfield.in general.
Think this guy could replace Xhaka in midfield to be honest. The Latte Firm video shows that he's capable enough - defensive quality, amazing passing range. Whether he plays at LB or CM probably depends on whether we can make it work with two attacking 8's or if that is too lightweight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom