• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The idea that Lisandro 6 months before a world cup will leave Ajax starting 11 and UCL to first and foremost be a backup for a team in Europa League seems insane.
Clubs lie to players all the time though and he will significantly improve his wages. He doesn’t get in United or Arsenal as CB

Badger_Revenge

Think this guy could replace Xhaka in midfield to be honest. The Latte Firm video shows that he's capable enough - defensive quality, amazing passing range. Whether he plays at LB or CM probably depends on whether we can make it work with two attacking 8's or if that is too lightweight
I think Arteta brings him in as a 3rd CB/DM hybrid when Arsenal are protecting leads or under the kosh, to make full use of his ability to intercept passes and immediately transition into counter attack with his passing. They don't even have to link the counter through the midfield with his ability on the long pass.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Well edu grow some balls and give Ajax a deadline for our bid because it's ridiculous if they wait utd to bid.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Think this guy could replace Xhaka in midfield to be honest. The Latte Firm video shows that he's capable enough - defensive quality, amazing passing range. Whether he plays at LB or CM probably depends on whether we can make it work with two attacking 8's or if that is too lightweight
Nah, he can't play that advanced... Not in a 433. He could in the Partes role but that's all. We all know Arteta wants him as CB to cover Gabriel and his nonsense "only a leftie can plan as LCB".

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ajax look putting ridiculous asking price for thier players 60m for Antony 45M for Martinez i know they no pressure to sell but they making it difficult for players who want to leave. Still I'm sure they getting 100m from Antony and Martinez. They already got 50m from Haller and Gravenberch
To be fair, that’s one way of turning a nice profit which is the end goal. Same strategy used by the popular Portuguese clubs. Something Arsenal is terrible at. Heck, Liverpool managed to sell Minamino for twice what they paid for him, despite him being a fringe player.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is the signing that I want to happen most and the club are right to prioritise it.

Biggest issues from last year in terms of priority:

Lack of a CF -sorted.
Lack of LB depth depth -
Lack of rb depth - sorted
Lack of dm depth -
Lack of rcb depth- sorted
Lack of lcb depth-
Lack of CM to play 8-
Lack of a Winger -
Lack of an am who can replicate Ødegaard- sorted.

Martinez would tick off 3 of the above issues.

Leaving us with just an 8 and a winger to buy.

Neto and Tielemans?

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
This is the signing that I want to happen most and the club are right to prioritise it.

Lack of a CF -sorted.
Lack of LB depth depth -
Lack of dm depth -
Lack of lcb depth-
Lack of CM to play 8-
Lack of a Winger -

Neto and Tielemans?
Who's our RB depth?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

Lack of a CF -sorted.
Lack of LB depth depth -
Lack of dm depth -
Lack of lcb depth-
Lack of CM to play 8-
Lack of a Winger -

Neto and Tielemans?

You want a guy whose best position is LCB (Gabriel) and maybe DM (Partey) the most? Looking at our team, its still the attack that worries me, not the defence.

I'm really struggling to see the plan. I thought we wanted to raise the level by signing 2 or 3 starters/difference makers.

The Vieira signing is nonsense the more i think about it. You could have used that money, signed Tielemans, and then you'd have instant cover/competition for both Xhaka and Ødegaard. Or even used the money for Vieria/Martinez and signed De Jong to a starting LCM but also a player who can play both the Partey and Ødegaard role.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Come on! Let’s get that yellow tag back!!!
@hydrofluoric acid right now:
Leaf Go Green GIF by Davios Video Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom