• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
You want a guy whose best position is LCB (Gabriel) and maybe DM (Partey) the most? Looking at our team, its still the attack that worries me, not the defence.

I'm really struggling to see the plan. I thought we wanted to raise the level by signing 2 or 3 starters/difference makers.

The Vieira signing is nonsense the more i think about it. You could have used that money, signed Tielemans, and then you'd have instant cover/competition for both Xhaka and Ødegaard. Or even used the money for Vieria/Martinez and signed De Jong to a starting LCM but also a player who can play both the Partey and Ødegaard role.

They thought Vieira was too big of a top talent not to bag before he's only available for City/Liverpool/Real/Bayern/PSG. They think Vieira can play as an 8 or 10 too.

I like Tielemans too but he's had a nightmare playing in a double pivot for Leicester this season. So thinking he can replace Partey alongside Xhaka is very optimistic. It's hard to say who's the better number 8 right now between Tielemans and Vieira. Vieira's end product right now is ridiculous and he's performed well against 3 PL teams

Martinez looks like a top talent too. The way he wins the ball seems quite unique and touch wood world class. he also is an incredible passer for a defender. I'm sure if we sign him he starts whether it is LCB or LB. I could even see him benching Xhaka.

This season we came apart when we lost Tierney, Tommi and Partey. Martinez covers 2 of those positions.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
They thought Vieira was too big of a top talent not to bag before he's only available for City/Liverpool/Real/Bayern/PSG. They think Vieira can play as an 8 or 10 too.

Too big a talent who plays in either Ødegaard (23) or Saka (20) position. I'm all for signing talent, but get our priority signings first, 30m is a lot for a talent. Where was this last summer when Olise was going for 8m!?

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Edu! ... Free-hit! ...

200w.gif

• Cry
Reactions: A_G

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Too big a talent who plays in either Ødegaard (23) or Saka (20) position. I'm all for signing talent, but get our priority signings first, 30m is a lot for a talent. Where was this last summer when Olise was going for 8m!?
The last time we did that our not so brilliant manager sent that talent on loan to Marseille for consecutive years and didn't let him to play a single game for us.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Martinez must be excited about Ten Hag looking at Timber like "Wow!" and when that didn't work out, turn to Martinez saying "You'll have to do for now."

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

The kid has an assist every 100 minutes. Let's just hope Vieira is Cesc or RVP level potential. In that case 30m is small fry for him. Orny is saying the club thinks Vieira can play as an 8

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
I think arsenal will be arsenal and Martinez will end up at manutd
Plus Arteta cannot sign all..what excuse will people give when arsenal go down to teams like palace and Newcastle like last season
Arteta couldn’t sign the players he wanted!!

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
The kid has an assist every 100 minutes. Let's just hope Vieira is Cesc or RVP level potential. In that case 30m is small fry for him. Orny is saying the club thinks Vieira can play as an 8
He may well be a talent, but he's not ready now. Like i've said in a previous thread, generally, talents from Liga NOS would be wise to go to a smaller European club before their next move, like Bernadro, like Pedro Neto. Don't make the same mistake as Fabio Silva, Renato Sanches, Trincao etc...

Tielemans was there for the taking, a player who can play 8 or 10, would need no adaption, a player who is ready to make an impact now.

Looks like a stat based signing to me.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Nah, he can't play that advanced... Not in a 433. He could in the Partes role but that's all. We all know Arteta wants him as CB to cover Gabriel and his nonsense "only a leftie can plan as LCB".
That's sort of what I meant - playing as our deepest defensive midfielder / DLP

Gunners1616

It's funny that most of the fans wants Martinez but nobody knows where Arteta would play him....

Would he start over Tierney? Would he be backup to Gabriel or start in front of him? What about Saliba/Holding?

Or would he just be back up CDM or start with Partey?

I still think Zinchenko+Tielemans makes more sense and they are PL proven but let's see Arteta/Edu's plan....

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
It's funny that most of the fans wants Martinez but nobody knows where Arteta would play him....

Would he start over Tierney? Would he be backup to Gabriel or start in front of him? What about Saliba/Holding?

Or would he just be back up CDM or start with Partey?

I still think Zinchenko+Tielemans makes more sense and they are PL proven but let's see Arteta/Edu's plan....
I also have a funny feeling about this transfer. Apparently highly regarded, but very small for CD. If he comes, Saliba or Gabriel will surely leave - or what? I think this transfer raises more questions than Answers. Spend the money on a CM, that’s where I would put my money.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You want a guy whose best position is LCB (Gabriel) and maybe DM (Partey) the most? Looking at our team, its still the attack that worries me, not the defence.

I'm really struggling to see the plan. I thought we wanted to raise the level by signing 2 or 3 starters/difference makers.

The Vieira signing is nonsense the more i think about it. You could have used that money, signed Tielemans, and then you'd have instant cover/competition for both Xhaka and Ødegaard. Or even used the money for Vieria/Martinez and signed De Jong to a starting LCM but also a player who can play both the Partey and Ødegaard role.
We didn't get 4th because we lost both Tierney and Partey. We couldn't rotate them out as we didn't trust those below them.

So yes I want a player who can play 3 positions to a high level to maximise rotation, to keep our players fit and to also give us a different way of playing if we invert both fullbacks.

The Vieira signing is nonsense? Picking up one of the most creative young players in world football for a decent fee is nonsense?

How are we signing De Jong? I'm so confused. Your playing football manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom