• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raphinha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel

Gutted tbh, wanted him before the links surfaced. Oh well.

Seems like he wants to go everywhere but come here.
Seems like hes wanting barcelona bad. What chelsea did in 2 days is still concerning. Our negotiations are always subject to weirdness or slowness. Perhaps its a technique to draw this bullshit out but it looks **** and always has. How is jesus still not on arsenal.com yet. Who knows. Maybe the carrier pigeon carrying the agreement got lost.

Let's play Aubamawang

How is £65M too much? I don't get it.
Last year we paid £50M for Ben White, while he's a good player, he's nowhere near worth the money we paid, even with the english tax included. We massively overpaid for him, but that's the market, and at the end of the day, we don't regret it.

So £65M for one of the best offensive player in the league that isn't playing for a top 4 club, isn't a stretch, at all.

About LB and RB being more important, I really don't agree. Last year what killed us was our lack of goals at important moment of the season.
We are going to loose Pepe, Auba, and Laca in less than a year span. We brought in only Jesus so far. One player won't be enough, even though I rate him. And we're playing one more competition than last year. We all saw last season how it ended with Saka and Martinelli being completly gased out because we relied on them so much.

Bringing another offensive player that can bring you 15 G/A in the league is a must. Whether it's a scoring winger, or a striker, I don't care. You can still bring a striker in and move Jesus wide.

But if we're getting only Jesus in a 55 goal/season team, there's no chance we would bridge the gap with the competition. It would be sabotage and ****. We would be one injury away from Saka or Jesus to see our season end.

I'd rather see another season of Cedric and Tavares, than a toothless team that can't score goal and create opportunities to save their lives.
Considering I mentioned Gnabry scores more and would also be cheaper, I do think £65m is excessive. And you say fullbacks aren't important, but both starting fullbacks spent at least half the season injured. Cedric may have improved a little, but he is still a defensive liability. And Tavares is definitely not ready to be a regular starter at this point.

We have already addressed some of the creativity issues and are signing Jesus in the hope that he will put some of them away. If we signed Gnabry we would have enough left over to sign Tielemans for example, adding extra strength in midfield, or even sign another striker. The latter seems unlikely after Nketiah's new deal though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Raphinha want barca and deco trying desperate attempts to get him to Barcelona

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Considering I mentioned Gnabry scores more and would also be cheaper, I do think £65m is excessive. And you say fullbacks aren't important, but both starting fullbacks spent at least half the season injured. Cedric may have improved a little, but he is still a defensive liability. And Tavares is definitely not ready to be a regular starter at this point.

We have already addressed some of the creativity issues and are signing Jesus in the hope that he will put some of them away. If we signed Gnabry we would have enough left over to sign Tielemans for example, adding extra strength in midfield, or even sign another striker. The latter seems unlikely after Nketiah's new deal though.

Gnabry would be much more expensive because of the kind of wages he's looking for.

I wouldn't mind personally. But we're talking about a player who's been looking for 350k/week.

I'm not saying fullbacks are not important. But despite their level we still had a decent season at the back. Last year our offense was the let down. We didn't have enough goals in the squad. Jesus is a good start and i expect him to score around 15 goals next season if things goes smoothly. But we would still need another player who can bring goals and assists. The competition is stacked. Chelsea is going for sterling and raphinha or whoever they target if they fail.

I'd rather see us spend us big on another forward, raphinha or somebody else and get a cheaper option who can cover the fullback position. I don't get the Martinez obsession. He's obviously very talented but right now we need a solid CM + solid forward and then a tomiyasu type of signing at the back if we have any funds left.

If not I'd rather try AMN again at RB as a cover if he doesn't leave and hope tavares improves a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom