• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst individual performance by an Arsenal player

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Okay we can pick a few stand out inept performances under Wenger. Now do a best ever performances and the top 100 probably under Wenger.

To show my age, a few standouts under Graham, Hayes and Marwood take most of those. Woodcock’s five at Villa and a Paul Davis knockout. Liam Brady lit up Highbury many times, too often on his own.

As highlighted above, top 5 brain dead performances under Arteta, with Xhaka claiming at least 4.

What was the worst individual performance during Chapman , mate?

Alexs

He was shocking in all I saw, about 20. 90% of those watching would have had more composure and technical ability. Not sure what went on behind the scenes for him to start his Arsenal career on zero confidence and go downhill from there.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We're talking about individual performances in one game though not over the course of a season or extended period. So Wenger being a better manager than Arteta isn't really relevant.

There were worse at least a couple of individual performances in that 8-2 whacking we got off Man Utd that were worse than anything under Arteta. Traore being a prime example. Looked like a Make A Wish kid out there that day.
You misunderstand my point though. That was a period that Arsenal was spending nothing on players. All purchases had to come from sales. Arsène only got top 4 by all out attack which was incredibly effective and beautiful to watch, even with gaping holes all over the team. We put 5 past Chelsea away that season.

Arteta spent ££220m on players lost by 5 goals to City, finished lower and conceded more goals overall. This season was much worse and expensive players made more costly mistakes.

Slug457

People are having a laugh on here.The last time Arsenal didn't qualify for any sort of European competition was 26 years ago. Let that sink in. And we've been mid table for two years. We've never played such boring football since I started watching Arsenal. So surely the worst individual performances are likely to have come sometime in the worst collective performances. Simple probability.
Intresting that the majority in these "worst" threads are always players/results during the Wenger years when we were competing at the top end of the league/CL, shows you how low expectations have sunk really

I'd say Partey in the 3 - 0 defeat to Villa at home late 2020, that is also the worst performance by Arsenal I have ever seen, we were playing deep block Stoke style hoof ball V Villa at home whilst Villa played the style of football Arsenal used to be famous for and dominated us

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Just expanding the horizon a bit buddy
There was actually a thread in that vein on here tbf:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
There was actually a thread in that vein on here tbf:

Say yes, quality poster

Reactions: A_G

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Intresting that the majority in these "worst" threads are always players/results during the Wenger years when we were competing at the top end of the league/CL, shows you how low expectations have sunk really

I'd say Partey in the 3 - 0 defeat to Villa at home late 2020, that is also the worst performance by Arsenal I have ever seen, we were playing deep block Stoke style hoof ball V Villa at home whilst Villa played the style of football Arsenal used to be famous for and dominated us
These last three years have seen some the most mind numbing games I’ve ever watched. The players did incredibly well to confine that game to a 3-0 loss. It was pathetic football.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You misunderstand my point though. That was a period that Arsenal was spending nothing on players. All purchases had to come from sales. Arsène only got top 4 by all out attack which was incredibly effective and beautiful to watch, even with gaping holes all over the team. We put 5 past Chelsea away that season.

Arteta spent ££220m on players lost by 5 goals to City, finished lower and conceded more goals overall. This season was much worse and expensive players made more costly mistakes.

Yeah, I know. I just don't see how any of that is relevant to this thread and the individual performances of players in a one off game :lol:

Wenger managed way more games and had more spankings and dire results because of that. Those spankings are largely the pool most will be picking their worst individual performances from as they stand out and stick in the memory.

It's not a knock on Wenger.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yeah, I know. I just don't see how any of that is relevant to this thread :lol:

Wenger managed way more games and had more spankings and dire results because of that. It's natural most players on this list will be from his era.

It's not a knock on Wenger.
Even though none of those cheaper players finished 8th twice or even 5th or got knocked out Europe completely. Can’t remember players getting so many red cards doing crazy things as they have recently either. Luiz and Xhaka losing the plot, games and their heads.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Even though none of those cheaper players finished 8th twice or even 5th or got knocked out Europe completely. Can’t remember players getting so many red cards doing crazy things as they have recently either. Luiz and Xhaka losing the plot, games and their heads.

I honestly don't know why you're so desperate to make this thread a Wenger vs Arteta thing :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It all depends on your definition of worst individual performance. Is it a player trying really hard and making some individual errors or one that’s just ****ing useless. Tavares against Forest was woeful, didn’t do anything right. Lazy on the ball, terrible distribution and far too easily beaten in defence. Got a 1 or a two in most player ratings.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I honestly don't know why you're so desperate to make this thread a Wenger vs Arteta thing :lol:
Back then people were expecting the world because we had a great manager, no matter what we spent. So players inevitably got a lot of stick when we lost because of intense disappointment. The last three years we’ve lost a lot more games and fans don’t expect as much, so players get a much easier ride and less mocking. It’s a valid point.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Tavares last season had a few all time shockers.

Up there with Mustafi and Kolasinac in the last 5 years.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Eboue's cameo against Wigan was just sad, lost his head completely and failed on everything he tried after :lol:

Giroud vs Monaco probably the angriest I've been at a performance

Reactions: A_G

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Suprised no-one mentioned Aubameyang vs Watford last season. Certainly the worst performance I've seen in a winning cause.

Missed a penalty
Missed an open goal
Needlessly touched Ødegaard's goalbound shot on the line when offside

Single handedly turned what should have been a comfortable win into a nervous game

Latest posts+

Top Bottom