• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Amadou Onana

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Is there ever anybody we’re linked to you don’t want us to sign, chief?

Where have I said I want us to sign him? I’ve never even seen him play. Just pointing out it’s a weak argument to suggest he needs to establish himself. There’s countless examples of players who haven’t established themselves in a top league and gone on to be good players.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Exactly. Getting in now would be smart.
If we were linked with Tchouaméni from Bordeaux I don’t think. I one would be impressed. I know Tavares and lokonga hasn’t worked out. But in our stats we have go keep going early because there are too many teams stronger than us that can take the player when he has established himself like raphina and Martinez we are seeing now

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Don't really understand this otherwise than going in for Saliba type talent and loaning him.

Lille paid 7 million euros for him a year ago and he has contract until 2026. So it's not going to be cheap for a young talent who won't likely go into 1st team.

Btw. Pretty silly to read these comments about Sambi being a flop already, it was his first season in EPL and he doesn't have that much experience at men's games.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You will support every signing made by Edteta. Thats your current role at this forum. There is no indication that this guy is on their level.
Guendouzzi played ligue 2 when we bought him. This guy came from bundesliga 2 last season and straight away became starter for Lille and even played 9 times in the champions league for them home and away against Chelsea.

Token Yank

Looks decent, can play as a DM, CB, CM and able to pass through the lines as well. 1.95m/6ft 5 gives him that natural strength as well, looks like he has pace, and under 21 as well.

For a low price, why not? Might replace Lisandro too I guess.
Damn, this guy looks like a prospect

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Nah, Lokonga wasn't that highly rated. Tielemans left a better player than him with RSCA. Onana has more talent than Sambi apperantly.
I said at the time, we really paid a lot of money for Lokonga, wasn’t it like £17m and some sort of sell on %? For a not super highly rated player coming out of the Belgian league I feel like Edu got fleeced negotiations wise. Bit of a pointless signing imo- we needed a starter and a starter would have secured us top4.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If we've got Sambi why do we need another guy who will also need to develop quite heavily before he's real first 11 material?

He may be a great player in 3-4 years time, who knows, but we've already got a project in Sambi. We need to bring in someone ready to hit the ground running really.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I said at the time, we really paid a lot of money for Lokonga, wasn’t it like £17m and some sort of sell on %? For a not super highly rated player coming out of the Belgian league I feel like Edu got fleeced negotiations wise. Bit of a pointless signing imo- we needed a starter and a starter would have secured us top4.
Tielemans has always been one of Belgium's best talents, so it's no shame to be a bit worse rated than him.

Monaco paid Anderlecht 25 million euros in 2017 while we paid 17,5 million euros according to Transfermarkt in 2021. Nowadays players are more expensive so take that also into account.

Latest posts

Top Bottom