• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 967,548

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tell.

Who do you want at LB then?

With the 5 sub rule players like Zinchenko and Martinez will become more valuable players as they can be utilised tactically in different roles based on the state of the game. You wanna make the most of having 5 subs but you dont wanna spend more money on more good squad players. Multi positional players are on the up IMO.

It just takes a tactically flexible manager to enable this, question marks if Arteta would do so.
Why would Zin swap his squad role at City to come & do a squad role with us? Xhaka is a rock fitness wise. Zinchenko & Martinez are at an age where they're not going to move to sit on the bench for 60% of the season.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Seems this is turning into the exact type of transfer window I expected after bottling fourth place. We’ve likely had to seriously adjust our list of targets because we can’t offer Champions League football. And we’re still losing out on our actual targets as we speak. We’ve also spent a lot of funds on a player that won’t improve our starting eleven in any way. Jesus for Laca is an improvement but if that’s the only position we manage to upgrade we’re in for another rough season.
@drippin

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
He makes more sense than Martinez. Signing natural left back to play as left back.

I think the sooner you forget about natural/traditional profiles and roles, the better for you. Because both Arteta and ETH are looking at player attributes and how they fit into a playing system. Width for example won’t necessarily be provided by fullbacks.

Have a look at the Martinez video I posted earlier, that you loved. In it you see Martinez role is in a system of pushing up and keeping the ball in advanced areas. In addition he has the ability to recover the ball and restart play from the back. That is what he is being chased for I reckon.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I think the sooner you forget about natural/traditional profiles and roles, the better for you. Because both Arteta and ETH are looking at player attributes and how they fit into a playing system.

Have a look at the Martinez video I posted earlier, that you loved. In it you see Martinez role is in a system of pushing up and keeping the ball in advanced areas. In addition he has the ability to recovery and restart play from the back. That is what he is being chased for I reckon.
True. But it would be ideal if he does those in the position where he can does those at best, which is a centre back.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

What's happening with Declan Rice? Has he signed an extension with West Ham?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What's happening with Declan Rice? Has he signed an extension with West Ham?
I've got a genuine source on this one.

Currently negotiating an extension with increased pay. He will not extend without an agreement that he can leave for a reasonable fee. Doesn't want to be priced out of move so it will be an agreement or release clause.

His preferred destination is Chelsea.

BIoodBrother

If Ornstein hadnt talked about Raphinha and Lisandro, i wouldnt consider us as losers in the market now.
But i was super high and cofident. Seemens like a clear Plan, that i liked thats crumbling now.
Probably was an illusion and just in the mind, inverted winger and all.

Fearing we will end up with another project winger and much cheaper defender + smaller spending cost, less push for top4 now.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If Ornstein hadnt talked about Raphinha and Lisandro, i wouldnt consider us as losers in the market now.
But i was super high and cofident. Seemens like a clear Plan, that i liked thats crumbling now.
Probably was an illusion and just in the mind, inverted winger and all.

Fearing we will end up with another project winger and much cheaper defender + smaller spending cost, less push for top4 now.
We were always going to lose targeted players to top clubs without UCL. It's a reality even with UCL.

But last season was pretty good upwards trajectory over expectations, so we will attract very good players. Jesus is the cherry on top.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We were always going to lose targeted players to top clubs without UCL. It's a reality even with UCL.

But last season was pretty good upwards trajectory over expectations, so we will attract very good players. Jesus is the cherry on top.
Whose expectations? Certainly not mine nor anyone else's if they actually remember when this club had ambition and dignity.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Whose expectations? Certainly not mine nor anyone else's if they actually remember when this club had ambition and dignity.
Sadly, a huge portion of the fan base doesn't remember or has had its standards eroded just the way the Kroenkes hoped for.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
The winger position is interesting now Raphinha is off the table. I look at Martinelli and think this could be his breakout season in terms of numbers. Last season was his breakout in terms of general performance, he became a better passer, retained the ball brilliantly, and was more tactically aware. I think he has the highest ceiling out of all of our players, do we put a body infront of him? Or just go with Martinelii & ESR LW, Saka & Vieira RW.

There are names like Pedro Neto & Noa Lang being thrown around, although talented players, are they really any better?

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Ponces like Chelsea, United and the Spuds going after our targets is a good thing in a way. It shows we’re making the right moves and that we’re on a upward trajectory and they worried about us.

drippin

The winger position is interesting now Raphinha is off the table. I look at Martinelli and think this could be his breakout season in terms of numbers. Last season was his breakout in terms of general performance, he became a better passer, retained the ball brilliantly, and was more tactically aware. I think he has the highest ceiling out of all of our players, do we put a body infront of him? Or just go with Martinelii & ESR LW, Saka & Vieira RW.

There are names like Pedro Neto & Noa Lang being thrown around, although talented players, are they really any better?

We don't need a prospect. We need a proven quality.

This is why I would even go for Zaha with one year in contract. Good experienced member to the squad.

Only problem is that it seems Arsenal doesn't consider ~30 year olds at all anymore because there is no resale value.

But with 1 year in contract he should be pretty cheap.

We need a player who can play both wings, hopefully striker backup too.

Zaha ticks all the boxes.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Or just go with Martinelii & ESR LW, Saka & Vieira RW.

I like the vote of confidence in Martinelli.

On the bolded part, that's probably my preference as well, with Vieira covering RW/AM there would be space for a player like Tielemans who really should be one of our top priorities (assuming he's up for the move). Neto is class though...

drippin

I like the vote of confidence in Martinelli.

On the bolded part, that's probably my preference as well, with Vieira covering RW/AM there would be space for a player like Tielemans who really should be one of our top priorities (assuming he's up for the move). Neto is class though...
Neto has 5 years in contract. Way too expensive.

Martinelli is great and will likely improve to a more complete player.

But if we want to push top 4, we need a proven quality winger on top of our great prospects. It's obvious when you look at the 4 player comparison to other top 6 clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom