• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
50m euro? For a LB/CB/DM that we don’t even know where he’ll play. That’s insane
Just because none of us know where he is going to play doesn't necessarily mean that Arteta doesn't have a defined role for him, same with Vieira.

Both are versatile and as fans we are looking at all these potential formations and positions but again until we see a few team sheets with them in we are all just guessing.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Just because none of us know where he is going to play doesn't necessarily mean that Arteta doesn't have a defined role for him, same with Vieira.

Both are versatile and as fans we are looking at all these potential formations and positions but again until we see a few team sheets with them in we are all just guessing.
Please don’t talk sense to the Anti-Arteta-brigade. They will hate you from here to eternity:late:

Jack badmon

Maybe Teta sees him as our new striker.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Play to your strengths as an inverted LB in a settled team or risk getting dunked on as a CB by the likes of Antonio, Toney, Wood, Nunez, PL CBs etc on a weekly basis in a team going through a major rebuild. As far as footballing reasons go the choice should be simple.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Play to your strengths as an inverted LB in a settled team or risk getting dunked on as a CB by the likes of Antonio, Toney, Wood, Nunez, PL CBs etc on a weekly basis in a team going through a major rebuild. As far as footballing reasons go the choice should be simple.
I seems straightforward. Joining a club the size of United at the start of the rebuild means you are relying on the rebuild being successful pretty quickly. United don't have patience. I appreciate it his former manager, but we have a high Spanish speaking and South American contingent. In leadership positions also.

They can literally say you will be playing here with this person next to you, this person in front of you, in these patterns with these players. We have much more stability and the fact Ronaldo is saying he wants to leave isn't the greatest timing. Most players would grasp the chance to be in the same dressing room as him, even for a season.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

50m euro for ANY player from the Dutch league is STEEP. No way I’m paying 50m euro for a defender from Eredivisie.

TornadoTed

Established Member
50m euro for ANY player from the Dutch league is STEEP. No way I’m paying 50m euro for a defender from Eredivisie.
That's fair enough, but that's a different argument altogether, not based on speculation and guesswork on what position he may or may not play.

I agree, it seems way too big a fee for a guy outside of the top 5 leagues and a pretty huge gamble.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Not for the RvP that first arrived from holland though
I absolutely loved that RVP. So much flair and swagger. Some of the goals he scored in his first few seasons were outrageous.

Its probably blasphemy on here but i actually enjoyed watching him more than Bergkamp.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I really don't think this guy is gonna be worth all the hassle in terms of impacting the team and us improving all that much. I'm hearing cover for Tierney and cover for Partey, if he's not good enough to get in ahead of either of these guys then his impact just isn't gonna be that great. Once again it seems like we're making minimal improvements to our first team at best, and at worst simply moving sideways.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
That's fair enough, but that's a different argument altogether, not based on speculation and guesswork on what position he may or may not play.

I agree, it seems way too big a fee for a guy outside of the top 5 leagues and a pretty huge gamble.
To me, he looks like the perfect LCB in a 3. Which makes me think, why are Chelsea going for Ake over him, why did Sp**s, with his compatriot Romero, go with Lenglet.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

On the flip side tho if he does get in ahead of Tierney, then we've got two inverted full-backs that won't offer a great deal of support to their winger and won't overlap and cause overloads. This is will severely limit our attacking capabilities and make us a bit predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom