• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Lol. Like clockwork. Leagues getting tougher,, it’s not Arteta’s fault It he can’t get top 4. Real Madrid wouldn’t get 4th in this league, even though they best Chelsea, City and Liverpool this year and have won 5 the title 5 times in the last decade, whilst City haven’t won once.

The Arteta force is strong.

This is insane mate, I haven't seen fans twerking that much for a nobody at coaching, who hasn't done **** in his career.

I really wonder where all this crazy and unjustified hype comes from. I'm really curious. Is it just because he was Pep's assistant?

The level of bullshit and mental gymnastic I read everyday to excuse Mikel is really unprecedented :eyess:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The way Arteta has ostracised certain players and made it clear they are surplus has bitten us in the butt more than once. So in a way, he kinda has some responsibility in the struggle to shift players.

He’s far from the most resourceful or level headed manager, he just beheads you in public then Edu has to clean it up somehow.

These circular debates are crap and I try to stay out of it but it’s frustrating seeing some absolve Arteta of blame at every opportunity.

What in the world's happened to you, man?

You used to be at the forefront of our struggle like a fearsome William Wallace.

Now, you're Jack Nicholson after he's been lobotomized in "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".

It's sad to see 😭

Kav

Established Member
That's my point though. None of these lot were brought in under Arteta's regime but they needed dealing with during his / Edu's spell.

Chambers is a bang average jack of all trades type. He left on a free, think he had 6 months left on his contract. He's only worth what someone was willing to pay. In this case nothing.

It's not like we didn't try to sell Kola at various stages. No-one was willing to pay for him. Probably because he was on a silly wage. £120k a week.

Özil was probably the most egregious example. We pretty much had to give him the kitchen silver to get him out the door. No-one in world football was going to pay a penny for Özil considering the state he was in and his wages. £350k a week.

Mkhi was average to poor here overall and on £180k a week, no-one would be paying a penny for him either.

Guendouzi wasn't wanted here by the manager and interest was minimal in him at the time of his loan. We wanted him gone and Marseille got what looks like a bargain.

Mavro was a very poor deal I agree.

A player is only worth as much as club is willing to pay. In most of these cases it was nothing, largely down to the inflated wages that most of these guys were on.

Very little of the outgoing deals are on Arteta anyway. He may decide who he feels in surplus to requirements but it's Edu's job to sort the rest out and to be honest, only Mavro and to an extent Guendouzi are the only ones I can really criticize him for getting poor deals on.
I’m not blaming Arteta for what it’s worth with the exception of the Guendouzi/ Aubameyang/Chambers /Mavropanos situation where I’m of the view he tanked their values or didn’t do enough to put the club in a position to recoup funds.

My grouse is with the duo Edu and Arteta because I don’t think they have a proper exit plan for players. We keep loosing out on earnings from sales while missing out on Champions league football can only mean major losses for the club. At some point all of this is going to harm us. Just look at Everton, they spent poorly and are now handicapped by their choices and FFP.

The PL have their own version of FFP which also affects every club. At the rate of spending that we are embarking on it won’t be long before we find ourselves restricted and having to sell even more players. The regime needs to have good squad planning and communication with players. If players are not in the manager’s plans let them know early and then the club should work with them to find a solution for all parties.

What we can’t keep doing is giving away players for free or on the cheap. We don’t have infinite funds like Man city/PSG/Man U/Real/Chelsea.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m not blaming Arteta for what it’s worth with the exception of the Guendouzi/ Aubameyang/Chambers /Mavropanos situation where I’m of the view he tanked their values or didn’t do enough to put the club in a position to recoup funds.

My grouse is with the duo Edu and Arteta because I don’t think they have a proper exit plan for players. We keep loosing out on earnings from sales while missing out on Champions league football can only mean major losses for the club. At some point all of this is going to harm us. Just look at Everton, they spent poorly and are now handicapped by their choices and FFP.

The PL have their own version of FFP which also affects every club. At the rate of spending that we are embarking on it won’t be long before we find ourselves restricted and having to sell even more players. The regime needs to have good squad planning and communication with players. If players are not in the manager’s plans let them know early and then the club should work with them to find a solution for all parties.

What we can’t keep doing is giving away players for free or on the cheap. We don’t have infinite funds like Man city/PSG/Man U/Real/Chelsea.
You're right we don't have infinite funds, but recently we've done the best impression of an oligarch club I've ever seen in my lifetime.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

You're right we don't have infinite funds, but recently we've done the best impression of an oligarch club I've ever seen in my lifetime.

And all that sweet money pissed away on a toadstool of a man.

Life isn't fair most times. More often than most if Arsenal's involved :lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lets be honest their recent success has mainly down to Kane/Son
We never had a striker last year so it was not surprising they got above us.
I could have sworn Kane and Son was there in the last 3 seasons but they were still crap and we also had a had a 20+ goal as season striker. But maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I could have sworn Kane and Son was there in the last 3 seasons but they were still crap and we also had a had a 20+ goal as season striker. But maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.
How were they crap? Still finished above us for years now under 3 different Arsenal managers. Recently got to a champs league final & even when we finished behind Leicester they mounted a better challenge . If you don't understand Kane & Son are a major factor in that & acknowledge they got ahead of us under Arsène you obviously don't know ball.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
You're replying to a guy that barefaced said Real Madrid finish 4th in this league.
Spitting bare facts if you think they get above Man City & Liverpool u are deluded🤣. So what's that 3rd at best?

Very good case to be made that previous season's European Champions League winners would have too much for them over a season.

Some simply refuse to acknowledge the way the landscape has changed

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Spitting bare facts if you think they get above Man City & Liverpool u are deluded🤣. So what's that 3rd at best?

Very good case to be made that last season's European Champions League winners would have too much for them over a season.

Is that the same Real who just beat Chelsea, City and Liverpool consecutively in the Champions League?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Say whatever you want but this is far superior Arsenal than today's. I hate the boring modern positional football "we play" or try to. Premier League golden era.

100% agree.

We just have never had another CM with Arteta's quality, though I suppose players like that just don't come around often.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Is that the same Real who just beat Chelsea, City and Liverpool consecutively in the Champions League?
Yeah 👍they were outplayed in all the games. Weak Spanish league where they get to rest they wouldn't be half as effective in the prem.
Don't get me wrong of course they are a very good side but when you look at how the pandemic has effected the continental leagues & the money in the prem the landscape has changed massively.
Half of the top 12 clubs in Europe are now in the prem & it likely could soon be more than that with the rise of Newcastle?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah 👍they were outplayed in all the games. Weak Spanish league where they get to rest they wouldn't be half as effective in the prem.
Don't get me wrong of course they are a very good side but when you look at how the pandemic has effected the continental leagues & the money in the prem the landscape has changed massively.
Half of the top 12 clubs in Europe are now in the prem & it likely could soon be more than that with the rise of Newcastle?

Bit wreckless with the timing of that kind of statement given they've just beaten all of them, that's the only evidence we have on how they'd get on. I don't feel they got outplayed in the final fwiw, City I'll give you and Chelsea was a bit either way. Dominated them at Stamford Bridge though.

In a hypothetical scenario that they where to play in the PL we also have to remember they'd benefit from the same resources the rest of the league has done for the last 20 odd years. So yeah I think they'd do fine. It's Real Madrid at the end of the day.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
How were they crap? Still finished above us for years now under 3 different Arsenal managers. Recently got to a champs league final & even when we finished behind Leicester they mounted a better challenge . If you don't understand Kane & Son are a major factor in that & acknowledge they got ahead of us under Arsène you obviously don't know ball.
They finished 7th below West Ham and Leicester in 2021. Just because we were even worse doesn't mean they weren't pathetic

mpower2540

Very good case to be made that previous season's European Champions League winners would have too much for them over a season.

Some simply refuse to acknowledge the way the landscape has changed
The Sp**s side you're relentlessly bigging up play almost the exact same way as Madrid, and not even as well as Madrid do lol yet somehow Sp**s are a team we can't possibly expect to compete with while Madrid would struggle to make top 4?? Benzema and Vinicius are actually a more effective (and trophy-winning) Son & Kane it's bizarre what you're saying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom