• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
The Sp**s side you're relentlessly bigging up play almost the exact same way as Madrid, and not even as well as Madrid do lol yet somehow Sp**s are a team we can't possibly expect to compete with while Madrid would struggle to make top 4?? Benzema and Vinicius are actually a more effective (and trophy-winning) Son & Kane it's bizarre what you're saying.
To be fair the way Madrid and Spuds play is actually more effective in knockout tournaments than a season long competition.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
100% agree.

We just have never had another CM with Arteta's quality, though I suppose players like that just don't come around often.
Imagine he was the less quality player we had in the midfield those days....we had Santi, Rosicky, Fábregas,.Diaby, Wilshare, etc... All players with excellent quality. Then we dropped the standards to Xhaka... All started at that moment.
Arteta and Ramsey was a very balanced and technical midfield.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Arteta gets 6th, as I expect then there is no way you can sack him as the season after 5th gets you CL. So they’ll fund him more for that push for 5th.

These CL changes really do secure his job for a good few years now.
Yeah, my bad I thought it was this season coming. Just looked and it doesn’t start until the 24/25 season. So that’s two more years of only 4 teams. Tets likely still to be here though, whereever he finishes will be OK by fans, pundits and the club.

mpower2540

To be fair the way Madrid and Spuds play is actually more effective in knockout tournaments than a season long competition.
Didn’t do Sp**s much good in their knockout competitions :lol: but I get what you mean

**** Sp**s anyway, they’re getting way too much praise recently for my liking

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Lol. In what way is that then?
In every way? Do you see fluid, attacking football being played by lesser teams in world cups/euros/ucl?

Even some stronger sides play on the counter cause you know 1 error means death.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

How are you sneaking Madrid and Sp**s into the same sentence :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Love how Sp**s fans are convinced that Conte will win a trophy for them...when he has a crap record in cups and Europe (only won 1, in his entire career) and they have no chance of winning the league.

Conte will leave Tottenham with no medals, calling it.

Slug457

Just shows how powerful media and PR is, it’s mostly from the Athletic and popular podcasts like Arseblog and Arsenalvision treating him with kid gloves.
This is one of the most bizarre aspects of the Arteta conundrum, the manner in which many of the same football media/podcasters whom spent years portraying Wenger as a selfish senile old goat and Emery as a greasy haired foreigner unable to communicate now glorifying Arteta to a almost mythical like genius figure, this despite Wenger being one of the managerial GOATs and Emery being a multiple Europa/League winner, whilst Arteta is a unproven rookie with record terrible performances on record spending

There must be a reason for it. A bit tinfoil hattish but I think it could have something to do with football agents. It is well documented Wenger refused to work with the Raul/Mendes type super agents who inflate transfer fees to pocket big agent fees (see Pepe). Emery also was someone used to working on limited budgets and was opposed to the Pepe deal, and other deals. Under Arteta it has been the opposite, spending the most in Europe without a care in the world, working with super agents. Big agents have contacts with the sports media and will use media figures to promote their clients, not a stretch to think they would use their influence to attack/promote managers that they can "work" with.

Or it could be because the club has saw what happens if they lose control of PR with the way fans turned against Wenger/Emery, so bribe journalists/bloggers (I definitely think this happens with the Athletic which is basically Tets Pravda :lol:)

Or Arteta could actually be the second coming of Pep and us Arteta "critics" have it wrong and the Arteta stans/bloggers/media are just telling the truth about him, even though there is so far zero evidence to support this view :lol:

Last edited:

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Journalists are humans, not different from the posters on this forum. They are not really doing anything different than the thing every Arteta supporter that has walked on here and lynched by reality has done, they give you some non arguments with an arrogant "we will see" on top and hope they made the right call so their reputation as knowledgeable sources increase. I guess in their eyes someone Guardiola directly rates might look like a safe gamble, being there from the start to watch how one of the future world best managers developed.

Why do they keep going with it? Because admitting to be wrong seems to be a journalism malpractice (in general) and there is nothing at stake for them, their job is safe. It's like economists that keep predicting things that never happen and can apparently make a renowned a career of getting one thing right even if it was decades ago.

Somehow the peasants get the shorter stick in places like this when they get just laughed out of the place for their atrocious views.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Wenger never gave them access to the club..interviews, inside scoop. Arteta does, but he has evil intentions behind those reasons.

Last edited:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Please let's not compare Madrid, the most successful team in Champion's League history and one of the most famous and important football clubs in football history, with ****ing Sp**s who have won basically **** all in 50 years :lol:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Some of you guys have to make peace and accept that Mick is here to stay. The new CL rules are a game changer.
This new expansion to the CL is just the latest step in the wrong direction. The UEFA Cup and Champion's League used to be badass because both competitions featured elite European teams. Now the CL is basically both competitions in one in terms of the teams competing for it, and it explains why basically no one cares about the EL other than the clubs in the competition itself.

Slug457

Journalists are humans, not different from the posters on this forum. They are not really doing anything different than the thing every Arteta supporter that has walked on here and lynched by reality has done, they give you some non arguments with an arrogant "we will see" on top and hope they made the right call so their reputation as knowledgeable sources increase. I guess in their eyes someone Guardiola directly rates might look like a safe gamble, being there from the start to watch how one of the future world best managers developed.

Why do they keep going with it? Because admitting to be wrong seems to be a journalism malpractice (in general) and there is nothing at stake for them, their job is safe. It's like economists that keep predicting things that never happen and can apparently make a renowned a career of getting one thing right even if it was decades ago.

Somehow the peasants get the shorter stick in places like this when they get just laughed out of the place for their atrocious views.
I used to be of the opinion it was just your typical journalistic/"big" blogger arrogance, knowing that even if they have backed the wrong horse they will face zero consequences and will still keep their jobs/respectability. The fact not a single one of them even raised a pinky finger in protest after Arteta took the club kicking and screaming out of Europe for the first time in decades, something they would have demanded Wenger/Emery be lynched for, is what gave me pause on this though :lol: Surely their arrogance can not be that huge? Could be though.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
This is one of the most bizarre aspects of the Arteta conundrum, the manner in which many of the same football media/podcasters whom spent years portraying Wenger as a selfish senile old goat and Emery as a greasy haired foreigner unable to communicate now glorifying Arteta to a almost mythical like genius figure, this despite Wenger being one of the managerial GOATs and Emery being a multiple Europa/League winner, whilst Arteta is a unproven rookie with record terrible performances on record spending

There must be a reason for it. A bit tinfoil hattish but I think it could have something to do with football agents. It is well documented Wenger refused to work with the Raul/Mendes type super agents who inflate transfer fees to pocket big agent fees (see Pepe). Emery also was someone used to working on limited budgets and was opposed to the Pepe deal, and other deals. Under Arteta it has been the opposite, spending the most in Europe without a care in the world, working with super agents. Big agents have contacts with the sports media and will use media figures to promote their clients, not a stretch to think they would use their influence to attack/promote managers that they can "work" with.

Or it could be because the club has saw what happens if they lose control of PR with the way fans turned against Wenger/Emery, so bribe journalists/bloggers (I definitely think this happens with the Athletic which is basically Tets Pravda :lol:)

Or Arteta could actually be the second coming of Pep and us Arteta "critics" have it wrong and the Arteta stans/bloggers/media are just telling the truth about him, even though there is so far zero evidence to support this view :lol:
Athletic has an unsustainable business model. Not surprised if they’re getting paid to post fluff stories.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This new expansion to the CL is just the latest step in the wrong direction. The UEFA Cup and Champion's League used to be badass because both competitions featured elite European teams. Now the CL is basically both competitions in one in terms of the teams competing for it, and it explains why basically no one cares about the EL other than the clubs in the competition itself.
Yeah, said something similar a few days back. Back in the CL was kill or be killed.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Eh? Wenger never had journalists and camera crews parading around the training ground and dressing room filming PR pieces, pretty sure he banned journalists from such places infact
I type on my phone...did not proof read. Wenger didnt, Arteta did.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom