• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lisandro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We need to see Martinez for what he is..

(Arteta wants us to be the team in possession) To do that, we need to beat highpressure, thus we need technical defenders who are good on the ball with a lot security in combinations – this is who Martinez is.

If we have the ball, it's difficult for the opposition to score.

Find a defender who is as good on the ball under pressure with as much security in the combinations?

Add to that good at one-on-one defending

And call Edu

What's annoying about this ideology is it relies far too much on scoring the first goal. When teams are leading they naturally drop off and let opponents the ball, then wait to pick them off, with forwards in more space and therefore posing a bigger threat.

We actually had more of the ball and better accuracy in some of our worst performances last season.

Worst:

Lost 1 - 0 to Southampton; 655 passes with 88% accuracy
Lost 3 - 0 to Crystal Palace; 647 passess with 85% accuracy
Lost 2 - 1 to Everton; 588 passess with 82% accuracy
Lost 3 - 2 to United; 526 passess with 83% accuracy
Lost 1 - 2 to Brighton; 512 passes with 83% accuracy
Lost 3 - 0 to Tottenham; 412 passess with 85% accuracy

Best:

Beat Man U 3 - 1; 507 passess with 84% accuracy
Beat tottenham 3 - 1; 431 passess with 82% accuracy
Beat Villa 3 - 1; 392 passess with 79% accuracy
Beat Leeds 1 - 4; 392 passess with 77% accuracy
Beat Leicester 0 - 2; 342 passess with 76% accuracy
Beat Chelsea 4 - 2; 332 passess with 75% accuracy

We scored the first goal in all of the bottom set of results and with the exception of the United game, conceded first with the top set of results.

Point being that football is a game played by humans not machines. You need a solution for scoring and not conceding without the ball that is just as effective as one with it. This is why Pep could not win the CL without prime Messi and Eto'o. They were killers.

Martinez is a great player but after spending nearly every window of Arteta's tenure finding aesthetically pleasing defenders, our problem is very clearly putting the ball in the opposition net before our opponents do.

BIoodBrother

Player told Ajax to allow him to leave. Both Arsenal and utd made 45M€ bids.

I hope this saga over this week it taking really long

I hope we sneak into his mind that he wont play as a CB for United and that being and inverted FB that becomes playmaker next to Partey in attack is more fun than being a replacemnet CB next to Maguire

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I hope we sneak into his mind that he wont play as a CB for United and that being and inverted FB that becomes playmaker next to Partey in attack is more fun than being a replacemnet CB next to Maguire
Both clubs are good choice for him he'll start in both. It'll likely will come to how much he'll earn

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah we got no chance here if United are serious

Move on to Oleksandr I say
This is the closest we’ll come to being a more attractive target.

Wages will be competitive, we’re on the up while they are a massive mess and London is a better city than Manchester.

Former manager is an unknown, we don’t know what their relationship is like but the only thing I’d give them is playing with CR7 and being a historically bigger club.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I kinda want to see the car crash of starting this dwarf next to Maguire for an entire season - ya know?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

What's annoying about this ideology is it relies far too much on scoring the first goal. When teams are leading they naturally drop off and let opponents the ball, then wait to pick them off, with forwards in more space and therefore posing a bigger threat.

We actually had more of the ball and better accuracy in some of our worst performances last season.

Worst:

Best:

We scored the first goal in all of the bottom set of results and with the exception of the United game, conceded first with the top set of results.

Point being that football is a game played by humans not machines. You need a solution for scoring and not conceding without the ball that is just as effective as one with it. This is why Pep could not win the CL without prime Messi and Eto'o. They were killers.

Martinez is a great player but after spending nearly every window of Arteta's tenure finding aesthetically pleasing defenders, our problem is very clearly putting the ball in the opposition net before our opponents do.
I’ve also noticed we are much better against teams that are more progressive and so more likely to turn the ball over in the final or middle third, on the other hand we are usually very bad against a settled defence that we have to play through.

Two separate problems but there’s definitely a link there.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Both clubs are good choice for him he'll start in both. It'll likely will come to how much he'll earn
If that's true then we don't have a chance. Player needs to make up his mind. My heart loves this signing but my head says we're not likely to compete with United on this one.

I like Zinchenko as a possible alternative. Less maverick and risky in some ways - has some proper pace and agility that you'd expect from a LB and more of an attacking threat. Proven quality playing the position in our league. On the flip side he's probably not as good a straight defender and I'm not convinced that he moves the needle for us as a back up midfielder either (Savic or Tielemans would be much more exciting in that offensive 8 role).

You'd back Arteta to get Zinchenko over the line though. High probability that we are getting mugged off by Martinez here.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If that's true then we don't have a chance. Player needs to make up his mind here. My heart loves this signing but my head says we're not likely to compete with United on this one.

I like Zinchenko as a possible alternative. Less maverick and risky in some ways - has some proper pace and agility that you'd expect from a LB and more of an attacking threat. On the flip side he's probably not as good a straight defender and I'm not convinced that he moves the needle for us as a back up midfielder either (Savic or Tielemans would be much more exciting in that offensive 8 role).

You'd back Arteta to get Zinchenko over the line though. High probability that we are getting mugged off by Martinez here.
I'm not really bothered when it come to player choice we'll have to respect what they chose just like Raphinha he set his heart to Barca we can't do nothing about with Martinez he got his former coach coaching utd he know his ability tactics and might help him settle so he may chose them. either way i hope he make his mind up quick.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If that's true then we don't have a chance. Player needs to make up his mind. My heart loves this signing but my head says we're not likely to compete with United on this one.

I like Zinchenko as a possible alternative. Less maverick and risky in some ways - has some proper pace and agility that you'd expect from a LB and more of an attacking threat. Proven quality playing the position in our league. On the flip side he's probably not as good a straight defender and I'm not convinced that he moves the needle for us as a back up midfielder either (Savic or Tielemans would be much more exciting in that offensive 8 role).

Proper speed with Zinchenko? Not sure there is much difference with Martinez. In one video it looked like Haaland ran only a somewhat faster than Martinez. He is not slow.

Vs. United yeah they will likely offer him 250k per week like usual.

But otherwise the Jesus & Ronaldo news came at a perfect time, because project's quality difference only widened.

I still wonder how much needing a starting striker affects their other business.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Worst:

Best:

It's not really an ideology, it's simply the hallmark of a **** manager who can't really give his team any specific instructions, coach with clear patterns, teach drills etc.

When we do well it's because we're playing on instinct and the players move more freely, play lower percentage balls etc.
Whenever we're down a goal the team goes into its shell, everyone becomes anxious and scared to make a mistake, no one takes any risks that's why you see accuracy go up. We just pass it around the back with the opposition happy for us to waste time.

Disregarding his vile character and top level PR savviness he's really the Kieran Gibbs of managers, absolutely no balls on him.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I just don’t see how he pushes the needle. The last 3 seasons we’ve consistently not scored enough goals! Now there’s another reason for that…but ffs we need to be addressing that in the transfer market too

Another season with the same goal tally and trust me it’ll turn sour around here.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
but the only thing I’d give them is playing with CR7 and being a historically bigger club.
maxresdefault.jpg

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I just don’t see how he pushes the needle. The last 3 seasons we’ve consistently not scored enough goals! Now there’s another reason for that…but ffs we need to be addressing that in the transfer market too

Another season with the same goal tally and trust me it’ll turn sour around here.

We just bought basically the best CF available to us to replace Lacagoals, I think that's a good start :lol:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I think he’ll end up staying, his legacy has trapped him there and not sure anyone in Europe can hack the wages.

He should have went to city last summer and just firmed it. 😅

Reactions: A_G

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
We just bought basically the best CF available to us to replace Lacagoals, I think that's a good start :lol:
I would say best forward but idk if the centre is the best position for him. I have to insist he is best as wide forward supporting the centre forward. He is not clinical at all but very good creating goal situations and getting in good positions from the wide.

Halcyon Daze

I think he’ll end up staying, his legacy has trapped him there and not sure anyone in Europe can hack the wages.

He should have went to city last summer and just firmed it. 😅
He’s still in Portugal and missed Yanited’s first training session. He’s downed tools, forcing a move by the sounds of it. Not sure he’d do that unless he knows there’s interest elsewhere. Unless he’s a complete c**t of course.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I’m not saying he’s good in the air but the guy shows he’s smart enough to know how to handle his weakness in aerial duel. If Blind was capable to play CB under LVG in PL then Lisandro Martinez would be fine in PL.

83F96FFF-9631-4E82-BF6C-064EBD92D5E6.jpeg

FFAAFA50-F3BE-4C8D-A3A2-F44201BC2557.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom