• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL Footballer arrested on suspicion of rape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Dismissed due to lack of evidence.

They’d had sex but no one could prove what was non-consensual.

This is the issue, even if he is cleared.

You don't want to assume the worst in people, but footballers have crazy egos and have the money to get away with it even if guilty...the Ronaldo case is proper dodgy.

Looking back, I wonder if we just should have sold Van Persie after that.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If we’re being realistic though instances of false rape allegations are very rare.

Home Office statistics say rape is firstly massively underreported and secondly very unlikely to be untrue.

Innocent until proven guilty is all well and good but too often it’s used as a stick to beat the victim with and say it didn’t happen.

The guy shouldn’t be involved with the club at all if he’s arrested.

Yeah, of course anyone accused of such a serious crime should be suspended during the investigation.

None of us have the information to make an informed decision on this case, either way.

Just because someone makes a claim, it doesn't make it automatically true, however much our emotional response is to want to believe the accuser.

I agree that false claims aren't common but innocent people's lives have been ruined by false claims of this nature. It's an exceptionally serious accusation and should be treated as such. To me it's better to be safe than sorry and wait till the legal system runs its course rather than make a kneejerk emotional response even if you think 9/10 that will prove true.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Holy ****!

Just came in here and saw this news. Wtf.

Hope this is all big mistake or some big misunderstanding, however unlikely that is 🥺

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
The silence is quite telling, no?

A simple Tweet from Germany would clear the air.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
So if that leakedlineups account is right about Partey and the guess that he is an Arsenal player is correct its M Elne*y.
Elneny is still on holiday as well, stop speculating on random players please.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
So if that leakedlineups account is right about Partey and the guess that he is an Arsenal player is correct its M Elne*y.
Can't be Elneny, because it was also mentioned the player is going to the WC. Which Elneny isn't.

Also I don't think Elneny was even in the country in June.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The silence is quite telling, no?

A simple Tweet from Germany would clear the air.

Has Sp**s done anything so far?

Even if it's not you, you shouldn't be tweeting stuff "clearing the air" becaus as a PR move, it could backlash.

We'll know who it is sooner or later.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Yeah, of course anyone accused of such a serious crime should be suspended during the investigation.

None of us have the information to make an informed decision on this case, either way.

Just because someone makes a claim, it doesn't make it automatically true, however much our emotional response is to want to believe the accuser.

I agree that false claims aren't common but innocent people's lives have been ruined by false claims of this nature. It's an exceptionally serious accusation and should be treated as such. To me it's better to be safe than sorry and wait till the legal system runs its course rather than make a kneejerk emotional response even if you think 9/10 that will prove true.
While I agree with you, the player should be barred from having anything to do with Arsenal until the ruling.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Granit's wife posted a pic around 30 mins ago and liked by Granit himself.

It's not Granit !!!

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
El Neny was training today. Pictured with Jesus.

99-EA4-E16-4097-4-E1-D-BBC6-FCA496-BCD33-B.jpg

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Has Sp**s done anything so far?

Even if it's not you, you shouldn't be tweeting stuff "clearing the air" becaus as a PR move, it could backlash.

We'll know who it is sooner or later.

I've seen Sp**s tier 1 journo/itk coming out saying it's not anyone from Sp**s.

Sulosky

This thing is just bollocks.. let’s just support our players by keeping silence about all this and if in the end the player is ours then let’t hope he’ll get sacked immediatly and we’ll never talk about that player ever again.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Surely the club have people on social media, and know that Partey's name is being dragged through the mud for nearly 2 hours now.

Wouldn't they have said something (even just posting which players travelled to Germany) by now?

El Duderino

I've seen Sp**s tier 1 journo/itk coming out saying it's not anyone from Sp**s.

Yeah, but it's not an official account. This should be about helping the victim and posting a training pic just so you can show a suspected player is there, is not it.

This is such a PR focused club, they wouldn't even do it through the grape vice.

El Duderino

Surely the club have people on social media, and know that Partey's name is being dragged through the mud for nearly 2 hours now.

Wouldn't they have said something (even just posting which players travelled to Germany) by now?

It's still not a good look if they did it, that's my point in my earlier post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom