• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL Footballer arrested on suspicion of rape

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
There’s some really grim stuff that footballers get up to.

A lot of them don’t have proper adult relationships with women because they’re out of school at a young age, and spending all their days almost exclusively with other male teenagers coached by ex-footballer men.

Then if they go pro they’re told that “all women are gold diggers” from other pros which is true in a lot of cases with ballers but it’s not hard to imagine that mentally warps a lot of these guys minds and gives them messed up views on relationships with the other sex.

They start going round thinking every girl is for the streets and it carries over into their dating lives as well. I know a few lower level footballers and girls who’ve dated them and almost universally they’re all pretty possessive and immature.

Most of us here even if you’re single have probably been raised by women, went to school with other girls and female teachers, then worked with them in our adult life. They’ve not really had that in their development.

Add to that that a lot of guys will act up and frequently get on in sex parties and whatnot.

It's a common anecdote here in brasil that some managers take their players out to the red light district as a reward. The fact that only a few footballer openly come out as gay is also another telling aspect of how people behave inside the game.

Hell, just look at Benzema and Valbuena.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

There’s some really grim stuff that footballers get up to.

A lot of them don’t have proper adult relationships with women because they’re out of school at a young age, and spending all their days almost exclusively with other male teenagers coached by ex-footballer men.

Then if they go pro they’re told that “all women are gold diggers” from other pros which is true in a lot of cases with ballers but it’s not hard to imagine that mentally warps a lot of these guys minds and gives them messed up views on relationships with the other sex.

They start going round thinking every girl is for the streets and it carries over into their dating lives as well. I know a few lower level footballers and girls who’ve dated them and almost universally they’re all pretty possessive and immature.

Most of us here even if you’re single have probably been raised by women, went to school with other girls and female teachers, then worked with them in our adult life. They’ve not really had that in their development.

You’ve hit the nail on the head with that part as I grew up with a few ballers from my area and I’ve noticed those exact same traits + a sense of entitlement. It’s pretty similar to those locked up at a young age and missed most of their childhood due to being in the jailhouse - it’s quite sad, really.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Add to that that a lot of guys will act up and frequently get on in sex parties and whatnot.

It's a common anecdote here in brasil that some managers take their players out to the red light district as a reward. The fact that only a few footballer openly come out as gay is also another telling aspect of how people behave inside the game.

Hell, just look at Benzema and Valbuena.

Not even just football. Lot of team sports really is a pretty warped environment.

Was reading an article about ice hockey where at youth levels there’s been dozens of rape allegations suppressed.

Think there’s no emotional development from being a teenager where you have such underdeveloped ideas about the opposite sex.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I wonder what kinda ****, footballers I loved back in the day got up to.

Shame most of them seem to be complete scumbags.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

A footballer may be a rapist despite being a footballer, not because he is a footballer. The current discussion in this thread seem to imply the opposite.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You’ve hit the nail on the head with that part as I grew up with a few ballers from my area and I’ve noticed those exact same traits + a sense of entitlement. It’s pretty similar to those locked up at a young age and missed most of their childhood due to being in the jailhouse - it’s quite sad, really.

Yeah a lot is made of men needing father figures but I think healthy relationships with women are key growing up.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yeah a lot is made of men needing father figures but I think healthy relationships with women are key growing up.

Exactly bro.

There reaches a point when you can’t be asked for all of that toxicity and just settle down with a sweet one. Hopefully no one on the forum ends up playing themselves like these ballers.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
A footballer may be a rapist despite being a footballer, not because he is a footballer. The current discussion in this thread seem to imply the opposite.

People are products of the environment they grow up in though.

If you're in a laddish / borderline misogynistic culture from a very early age, feted and put up on a pedestal by your peers, never being told no, and with little female workplace interactions etc that's going to have an impact on who you become personality wise.

I don't think anyone's saying that being a footballer makes people rapists, but for people who have underlying 'issues' already, it's probably not a particularly helpful occupation to be in.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Man try wife up the high school sweet heart, you get to the top of the game & realise your gals meedi. Then you get a Gabrielle Union sticking it on you. Game over

It can go either way tho. I’ve seen some meedi gyal from back in the days become top tier talent tbf and fair play to them. Those are the ones that are probably pressing these footballers 😂

Bloodbather

Established Member

Yep. A lot of these toxic behavior stems from men who don't respect women the way they do men, and a lot of that begins in their developmental stages. You have to remember in a lot of "traditional" families the wives have an inferior status to their husbands, too, and a lot of these footballers come from such "traditional" families. It also doesn't help when boys and girls are segregated from each other very often, they have a harder time developing relationships beyond sexual pursuits when that is the case.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
unless I just miss it not alot of these footballers in my lifetime have been charged or in jail

not sure its anymore systemic than other industries at the top

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

People are products of the environment they grow up in though.

If you're in a laddish / borderline misogynistic culture from a very early age, feted and put up on a pedestal by your peers, never being told no, and with little female workplace interactions etc that's going to have an impact on who you become personality wise.

I don't think anyone's saying that being a footballer makes people rapists, but for people who have underlying 'issues' already, it's probably not a particularly helpful occupation to be in.

Okey. Another possibility is that a persons national culture has shaped him. If Part*y is a rapist this: Women in Ghana - Wikipedia may be a reasonable explanation. You are making it very easy for yourself if you only blame a rotten culture and "toxic masculinity" in the football world when a footballer is accused of rape.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Flying from England to Germany can't take longer than 2 hours, right? Was it a private plane? I'm surprised media wouldn't be around to snap photos of the team arriving and/or our own media team posting the photos online as quickly as possible.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Footballers are **** man seriously. Had a real life mate tell me his story with a very, very famous footballer sharing a hotel room in Madrid smashing a worldie, invited, from 3k kms away.

Appearently shared her with 2 other mates as well, like tag team.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
The plane must have landed by now if he went to Germany, right?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah, of course anyone accused of such a serious crime should be suspended during the investigation.

None of us have the information to make an informed decision on this case, either way.

Just because someone makes a claim, it doesn't make it automatically true, however much our emotional response is to want to believe the accuser.

I agree that false claims aren't common but innocent people's lives have been ruined by false claims of this nature. It's an exceptionally serious accusation and should be treated as such. To me it's better to be safe than sorry and wait till the legal system runs its course rather than make a kneejerk emotional response even if you think 9/10 that will prove true.

Would be interested too know the stats of rape claims being false against famous/rich people, I'm not saying this is the case but famous/rich men are a very high target for certain types.

Lets be real, know one even knows who it is and you got people calling Partey a rapist and see him as guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom