• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
This is one of the most bizarre aspects of the Arteta conundrum, the manner in which many of the same football media/podcasters whom spent years portraying Wenger as a selfish senile old goat and Emery as a greasy haired foreigner unable to communicate now glorifying Arteta to a almost mythical like genius figure, this despite Wenger being one of the managerial GOATs and Emery being a multiple Europa/League winner, whilst Arteta is a unproven rookie with record terrible performances on record spending

There must be a reason for it. A bit tinfoil hattish but I think it could have something to do with football agents. It is well documented Wenger refused to work with the Raul/Mendes type super agents who inflate transfer fees to pocket big agent fees (see Pepe). Emery also was someone used to working on limited budgets and was opposed to the Pepe deal, and other deals. Under Arteta it has been the opposite, spending the most in Europe without a care in the world, working with super agents. Big agents have contacts with the sports media and will use media figures to promote their clients, not a stretch to think they would use their influence to attack/promote managers that they can "work" with.

Or it could be because the club has saw what happens if they lose control of PR with the way fans turned against Wenger/Emery, so bribe journalists/bloggers (I definitely think this happens with the Athletic which is basically Tets Pravda :lol:)

Or Arteta could actually be the second coming of Pep and us Arteta "critics" have it wrong and the Arteta stans/bloggers/media are just telling the truth about him, even though there is so far zero evidence to support this view :lol:

‘People made’ is a PR firm, they’ve been more focused on PR since they got rid of Raul and got Tim Lewis in.

As you said they don’t want it to end up like it did with Wenger.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
They finished 7th below West Ham and Leicester in 2021. Just because we were even worse doesn't mean they weren't pathetic
Yeah it was a poor season for them & us. Leicester have won the prem far more recently than both of us don't forget.
Were Sp**s not champs league finalists the year b4? Problem is Many fans refuse to admit we fell behind both Sp**s & Leicester. Arsène was still in charge when it happened yet they use it as a stick to beat Arteta .We are now back on the right trajectory above Leicester & at similar level to Sp**s but Kane& Son has given them edge over us.
I think we will overake Sp**s again soon.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Yeah it was a poor season for them & us. Leicester have won the prem far more recently than both of us don't forget.
Were Sp**s not champs league finalists the year b4? Problem is Many fans refuse to admit we fell behind both Sp**s & Leicester. Arsène was still in charge when it happened yet they use it as a stick to beat Arteta .We are now back on the right trajectory above Leicester & at similar level to Sp**s but Kane& Son has given them edge over us.
Wow we fell behind Leicester and Sp**s despite spending more than both clubs the last couple years because we had a rookie manager literally freezing and forgetting his lines under the glare of the lights. Ferguson at his peak or Klopp would at the least with the money given Arteta finished in the top 3 and not bungled away CL in the most humiliating fashion possible. We have had at best a 3rd or 4th tier Pl manager in charge of the mighty and famous Arsenal; not only that he seems to get a blank check to spend money and gets excused for failing at a giant club. We aren’t blooming Leicester city if we finish behind them it isn’t because of resources or talent so it must be the manager.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I used to be of the opinion it was just your typical journalistic/"big" blogger arrogance, knowing that even if they have backed the wrong horse they will face zero consequences and will still keep their jobs/respectability. The fact not a single one of them even raised a pinky finger in protest after Arteta took the club kicking and screaming out of Europe for the first time in decades, something they would have demanded Wenger/Emery be lynched for, is what gave me pause on this though :lol: Surely their arrogance can not be that huge? Could be though.
This is in a nutshell what makes me fairly anti-Arteta. If the club had backed Emery and Wenger like they did Arteta, and the Arsenal media maintained the same standards and energy with Arteta (as they did Wenger and Emery), then I would probably be far more defensive of him because Arsenal isn't an easy job.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
We will when we get a proper manager. :thumbsup:

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Wow we fell behind Leicester and Sp**s despite spending more than both clubs the last couple years because we had a rookie manager literally freezing and forgetting his lines under the glare of the lights. Ferguson at his peak or Klopp would at the least with the money given Arteta finished in the top 3 and not bungled away CL in the most humiliating fashion possible. We have had at best a 3rd or 4th tier Pl manager in charge of the mighty and famous Arsenal; not only that he seems to get a blank check to spend money and gets excused for failing at a giant club. We aren’t blooming Leicester city if we finish behind them it isn’t because of resources or talent so it must be the manager.
Not according to a lot of Artetasexuals.
:eyess:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lol! Leicester have won the top division of English football once in 140 years. Their finishes in Arsène’s last 5 years was 21st, 14th, 1st, 12th, 9th. Arsène’s last 5 finishes were 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 5th, 6th. Even with all that toxicity he didn’t fall behind Leicester.

Since Arteta’s been here Leicester‘s finishes have been 5th, 5th, 8th compared to Arteta’s 8th, 8th, 5th. Can you see now what a change there’s been in Arsenal performances, how low we’ve fallen. Any one year is not a ‘trajectory’.

Put down your Arteta zeal for one minute and think!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...what a headline, sounds like they are meeting up for a scrap :lol:

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Sorry off topic, but why is the Partey thread locked @A__G? Is it bad news? The tweet someone posted in there has been deleted.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Looks like Arteta banned motor vehicles after Auba loudly revved his Lambo's engine when leaving London Colney due to a spat

shoot for the top

I don't think Wenger every touched 15th.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta should go back to the back 5 being the main formation, imo.

That would be making the best of a bad situation, transfer wise it would require the least work too.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Sorry off topic, but why is the Partey thread locked @A__G? Is it bad news? The tweet someone posted in there has been deleted.
Is it because of his age? What team are in North London? I mean... It's not only Arsenal who have players there isn't it? So yes, is speculating without any sense.

Top Bottom