• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Hector Bellerin (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I mean Novak Djokovic is a vegan and he's an insane athlete. There are plenty of other high level vegan athletes these days too.

It's really outdated to blame veganism for his drop off in form after he came back from a bad injury.

He was never a great technical defender even in his prime, his great physical attributes covered that. When the injury robbed him of those attributes he got exposed.
Novak probably has a team of Dr's managing his lack of nutrients and protein levels because he no longer has a balanced diet.

Also he doesn't claim to be vegan...look it up, wouldn't be surprised he sneaks in an omelette from time to time.

smashed

Just take the money on offer.

What's the point in quibbling over a couple of million. He clearly only wants to go to Betis. We don't have the leverage here.

Hector's always done right by us and spoke well of the club. I can live with us losing out on £2m or whatever.
Alternatively, why doesn't he give up 2m of his wages if he wants to go so badly.

Harry kane is a good servant for sp*rs but levy wouldn't let him go for 100m even though the player pleaded for the move.
It is a business yet every player and club pulls our pants down (besides Everton who are even worse).

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Novak probably has a team of Dr's managing his lack of nutrients and protein levels because he no longer has a balanced diet.

Also he doesn't claim to be vegan...look it up, wouldn't be surprised he sneaks in an omelette from time to time.
I'm not vegen or vegetarian, but you are talking balls.

Vegan athletes include a recent world's strongest man, David Haye, Lewis Hamilton, Sergio Aguero, Tom Braday and plenty of the others at a tier just below that in their respective sports.

He could a freak injury getting his studs caught and it ruined his pace, agility and confidence. Happens to lots of footballers.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Chris Paul is vegan and says it helped extend his career.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Alternatively, why doesn't he give up 2m of his wages if he wants to go so badly.

Harry kane is a good servant for sp*rs but levy wouldn't let him go for 100m even though the player pleaded for the move.
It is a business yet every player and club pulls our pants down (besides Everton who are even worse).
He took a massive wage cut to go their on loan and has already said he's happy to take a wage cut to go there now. The only issue is we have a player who is worth more than 4m to us and Betis don't want to go beyond 4m. I suspect his future at that price is tied to Tomiyasu's injury situation and what happens to AMN. If Tomi's fine and and AMN stays, we'll take the 4m

smashed

He took a massive wage cut to go their on loan and has already said he's happy to take a wage cut to go there now. The only issue is we have a player who is worth more than 4m to us and Betis don't want to go beyond 4m. I suspect his future at that price is tied to Tomiyasu's injury situation and what happens to AMN. If Tomi's fine and and AMN stays, we'll take the 4m
He can buy his contract out then.
I like Hector but he still has a value.
£4M? For a 27 year old Spanish International.
We will take the cash but other clubs get more for far worse players.

Arson Finger

If Betis won't pay us a decent fee, then they should give us a player in return who might help us either now or in the future. Swap us a young player who could give us depth in positions of need:

Or else **** off with this poor mouth bullshit. You want the player, you give value or you don't get the player.

TakeChillPill

Established Member

Vegan athletes include a recent world's strongest man, David Haye, Lewis Hamilton, Sergio Aguero, Tom Braday and plenty of the others at a tier just below that in their respective sports.

He could a freak injury getting his studs caught and it ruined his pace, agility and confidence. Happens to lots of footballers.

Tom Stoltman has gone vegan after he won wsm, let's see if he sticks to the diet and is competitive in the next one. David Haye has been a shot fighter for years, he got Koed twice by a former light heavy weight Tony Bellew and wrecked his Achilles tendon.

Augeros injury record has been a lot worse since he became vegan (not saying it's because of veganism is a direct cause) but its a fact just look him his injuries since 2015 when he became vegan. One of the reasons he cited was that it would help him to avoid injuries, the irony.

Regarding Hamilton and Brady, both their sports as a race car driver and and QB rely primarily on hand to eye coordination and their mental ability to mange stress in high pressure situations.

Don't get me wrong, vegetables are good a but to argue veganism somehow doesn't deplete your athletic potential as omnivores is just daft. Having a balanced diet is key. The majority of science supports that.

Last edited:

TinFish

Yes it’s true, I was on the cusp of becoming a professional footballer but a knee injury scuppered my chances.

The majority of science supports that.

And does modern science back your claim that veganism contributes to injuries? I have been googling and haven't found one study that supports these claims.

Also most injuries prone players in sports today are the ones that eat meat. Diaby, Rosicky, Persie, and most recent Tomiyaso, Smith-Rowe, and Partey eat meat for example.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
And does modern science back your claim that veganism contributes to injuries? I have been googling and haven't found one study that supports these claims.

Also most injuries prone players in sports today are the ones that eat meat. Diaby, Rosicky, Persie, and most recent Tomiyaso, Smith-Rowe, and Partey eat meat for example.

You can't get all the nutrients you need in your diet from a vegan diet. I'd google 'nutrients you can't get from a vegan diet' if you want to explore that.

It's also very difficult to maintain any form of healthy diet and load with protein on a vegan diet.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
You can't get all the nutrients you need in your diet from a vegan diet. I'd google 'nutrients you can't get from a vegan diet' if you want to explore that.

It's also very difficult to maintain any form of healthy diet and load with protein on a vegan diet.

The man is a millionaire professional athlete, he can do all those things.

Strongest man in the world guy is vegan and his sport is literally about being swole and strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom