• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Good thing 4th isn’t one of my targets 😉

See, we’re so Fair & Balanced ™️
Good thing too. It's just so tough, reckon we should be aiming at about 6th. Think expecting to compete with Utd and their finances is just unreasonable tbh

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Hopefully Edu saying "this is our season" puts some actual pressure, the fact that whenever he goes into a string of losses he gets by with rewards ranging from pats in the back to contract extensions is embarrassing

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Unless something catastrophic happens injury wise I think it's more than reasonable to say that top 4 is mandatory in terms of aims for next season.

If we get there it'll probably have meant we'll have achieved most of the other more minor objectives that have been mentioned too.

Maybe it's just my optimism but it's the first time in a while I feel like we're going into a new season in pretty positive manner. Hopefully results can keep that positivity going.

I don't want us to do well to prove some point about the manager. I want to see us do well and get to the point where we get good results and are enjoyable to watch, for all Arsenal fans.

When you think about it, it's kind of sad that Arteta has taken some fans joy away from the club, Hopefully he can start to redeem himself a bit this season.

Top 4 and one of the domestic cups is my (optimistic) prediction

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
Don't shoot me @albakos I wasn't trying to bait @Oxeki I swear.

Here's a relevant question: We know Arteta's spent a lot of money, but do we think he's spent it well?
Exactly he hasn’t, he spent a ton on either players who didn’t cut it like Pepe, or are always injured but good like Tierney and Partey. He chucked other talented players or had them on loan while Nuno, Cedric, and Holding were deciding our CL campaign. For 400 million you can buy and entire starting 11 of quality if you know what you are doing. Plus Arsenal always have good homegrown talent in the youth ranks and on the books, add 400 million and Klopp or Conte and we would win everything and be where LFC and City are.

samspade

Exactly he hasn’t, he spent a ton on either players who didn’t cut it like Pepe, or are always injured but good like Tierney and Partey. He chucked other talented players or had them on loan while Nuno, Cedric, and Holding were deciding our CL campaign. For 400 million you can buy and entire starting 11 of quality if you know what you are doing. Plus Arsenal always have good homegrown talent in the youth ranks and on the books, add 400 million and Klopp or Conte and we would win everything and be where LFC and City are.
He didn’t sign Pepe or Tierney

Give me a run down on notable successes and failures

samspade

T

Tomy and Partey cost a lot of money and are as brittle as peanut brittle
You’re not wrong, don’t think either of them had an injury history though did they

Edit: tomi wasn’t too costly, would be great value if we could get the f*cker fit

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom