• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I know there were big names after Arsène, Unai more tricky as it was mid-season.

We’re one of the biggest and richest clubs in the world, no need to complicate it, we’ll always have access to the best managers in the world.

I’m not complicating anything.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’m not complicating anything.
I mean you kind of are by factoring in the state of the club at the time.

Not many managers are turning down an Arsenal offer, transition year or not.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Cool, saying/implying Arteta is the best we could have done at the time is a wild take mate.

You know I haven’t said that right? Like you’re literally reading my posts. At the time we couldn’t sign the top guys.

Last edited:

Slug457

. Most if not all Arsenal fans I speak to in person have a much more nuanced and positive view of Arteta than for example you have.
The bulk of fans are most definitely "Arteta in", particularly match going fans which is critical, i'd agree to that, they don't even call themselves "Arteta in" as that implies there is a coherent or powerful Arteta out movement so you have to state you are something else, like it was in the Wenger days with the Wenger ins/Wengers outs. To be Arteta in is still the default position, that will change this season however if he fails to deliver.
Sluggy my friend, going to leave it with that. Let's see how the game against CP goes. I will be hoping for a big win for us and you can hope for whatever you wish...
Cringe. I'd love nothing more than for us to smash Palace and for the process to go bang this season and have something crazy happen like us pushing a City/Liverpool for a Top 2 position, I'll be the first to come here grovelling that Arteta is indeed improving dramatically and rewarding the clubs faith. Top 4 would be great. I've seen you post this a few times implying guys who are critical of Arteta want the club to fail, it's a tiny minority if that :lol:

Macho

Petty with dedication.
Dusted 🔻

Man City Yes GIF by Pitshanger Dynamo

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
How did Neville's full trophy case do, when he played manager for a little bit? Care to comment on that one?
At least he had the decency to start at a Spanish mid level club as opposed to getting a Bentley as his first car like affluenza baby manager Mik.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

You know I haven’t said that right? Like you’re literally reading my posts. At the time we couldn’t sign the top guys.
You kind of implied it though.
When Emery left we were in no position to be hiring anyone ‘elite’. We could have gone for someone like Carlo for a few years but we decided to invest in someone for the long term. Now if Mikel were to leave I think we’re one of the most attractive clubs in world football.
this is kind of weird because you said we couldn’t get anyone elite after Emery although Carlo is elite and you acknowledge we could have got him.

You then go onto say that we can get a better manager now than we could have when Emery left? Why because of Mikel? I don’t see how that works.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The bulk of fans are most definitely "Arteta in", particularly match going fans which is critical, i'd agree to that, they don't even call themselves "Arteta in" as that implies there is a coherent or powerful Arteta out movement so you have to state you are something else, like it was in the Wenger days with the Wenger ins/Wengers outs. To be Arteta in is still the default position, that will change this season however if he fails to deliver.

Cringe. I'd love nothing more than for us to smash Palace and for the process to go bang this season and have something crazy happen like us pushing a City/Liverpool for a Top 2 position, I'll be the first to come here grovelling that Arteta is indeed improving dramatically and rewarding the clubs faith. Top 4 would be great. I've seen you post this a few times implying guys who are critical of Arteta want the club to fail, it's a tiny minority if that :lol:
Fair enough. Actually don't think we are that far apart when it comes to our views. I might be replying / reacting to posts not from you and posts that have been posted over a prolonged period. There has been quite some rubbish posted here for quite a while. Regardless, everyone is entitled to their views and yours seem quite reasonable. Will make mental note that Sluggy is reasonable. Might have forgotten it tomorrow but will give it a go. 😉

Farzad

This has always been it.

We’re one of the biggest clubs in the world and rightfully deserve to have one of the best managers in the world.
Geniune question, what's the point in having him then? If a non entity club like Sp**s can appoint a elite manager in a Conte why must we, a far bigger and historically far more successful club suffer with a non elite?

I see very little "hate", just genuine frustration and legitimate criticism from fans who don't like seeing the club finishing back to back 8th all on record spending, dropping out of Europe for the first time in decades, forcing out quality players for nothing then bottling 4th horribly to Sp**s of all teams.
Exactly why does the Affluenza baby, rookie manager get his on the job experience at freaking Arsenal? It is insane it’s like giving some guy who just got a commercial pilots license on a Cessna the keys to a supersonic fighter jet.

People think I am on Conte and Sp**s jock I am not; quite the opposite how do the mugs over at Sp**s have a guy with 5 league titles with 3 different teams in Italy and England and how the hell are they for a fraction of the money in the CL? Playing 15 more matches no less. One word answer; Arteta the Affluenza baby manager who can’t stop throwing away his own toys

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Exactly why does the Affluenza baby, rookie manager get his on the job experience at freaking Arsenal? It is insane it’s like giving some guy who just got a commercial pilots license on a Cessna the keys to a supersonic fighter jet.
Same question has been asked a million times now. It was a thing at the time, young inexperienced managers getting big gigs.

Unlike Chelsea and Juve though we’ve decided to go at this like an American franchise. We are rebuilding and the coach is largely irrelevant during that process. This is Mikel’s first season with real targets which means he’s going to be here till at least next season.

We just gotta accept it and move on, at least there’ll be some accountability now. I hope.

Farzad

Same question has been asked a million times now. It was a thing at the time, young inexperienced managers getting big gigs.

Unlike Chelsea and Juve though we’ve decided to go at this like an American franchise. We are rebuilding and the coach is largely irrelevant during that process. This is Mikel’s first season with real targets which means he’s going to be here till at least next season.

We just gotta accept it and move on, at least there’ll be some accountability now. I hope.
I am fine giving him till end of year unless he totally tanks; I actually think he will fail despite this money. That is all I hope for as well after years of excuses is accountability

Qhy people think there should be accountability now? Nothing we done has screamed we are getting over the top on the other teams. At most what we have done is making us more competitve for top8.

It would be weird if Kroenkes saw it differently.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

You kind of implied it though.

this is kind of weird because you said we couldn’t get anyone elite after Emery although Carlo is elite and you acknowledge we could have got him.

You then go onto say that we can get a better manager now than we could have when Emery left? Why because of Mikel? I don’t see how that works.

I didn't imply it. I mentioned Carlo at the time because I think he was pretty heavily linked but even he was questioned at the time as to whether he was elite or a top bracket coach.

Also why are we much more attractive now? Look at the difference in squad and wage bill and the way we have backed Arteta compared to Emery, the club is much different now than it was then.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Basically what we've done with Tets is unprecedented in the history of football with a club our size, give a complete novice complete freedom to learn on the job and do whatever he wants, which so far has led to record poor performances on record spending.
Amidst all the spin and 'process' boll*cks, there lies the truth. But if he makes top 4 at his 4th attempt, the long wait and poor results will be made out to have been the plan all along.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

When Emery left we were in no position to be hiring anyone ‘elite’. We could have gone for someone like Carlo for a few years but we decided to invest in someone for the long term. Now if Mikel were to leave I think we’re one of the most attractive clubs in world football.

Also Conte hasn’t done anything at Sp**s yet. Let’s wait and see.
Lol. We haven't managed top 4 in 3 attempts and you say we're one of the most attractive clubs in world football.

Conte qualifies for CL football in his first part season and you say he hasn't done anything yet.

How can you miscontrue facts so blatantly yet try to sound genuine?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Lol. We haven't managed top 4 in 3 attempts and you say we're one of the most attractive clubs in world football.

Conte qualifies for CL football in his first part season and you say he hasn't done anything yet.

How can you miscontrue facts so blatantly yet try to sound genuine?

Where we finished in the last 3 seasons isn't the point I am making though is it? Managers are going to look at the squad we have now and the money that's been spent on Mikel and expect more or less the same. This alone makes us much more attractive than when Emery left an aging squad with no assets and our board were buying players he didn't want.

You might not like Mikel but it's not that deep to say squad-wise he's built us something that more managers would want to work with than the crap he had when he took over.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Where we finished in the last 3 seasons isn't the point I am making though is it? Managers are going to look at the squad we have now and the money that's been spent on Mikel and expect more or less the same. This alone makes us much more attractive than when Emery left an aging squad with no assets and our board were buying players he didn't want.

You might not like Mikel but it's not that deep to say squad-wise he's built us something that more managers would want to work with than the crap he had when he took over.
Really! So you think we got a novice because no one wanted to work with Auba, Laca and Pepe but now we’ve got Martinelli, Jesus and Saka, or Ramsdale instead of Leno, they’ll all want to come.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Really! So you think we got a novice because no one wanted to work with Auba, Laca and Pepe but now we’ve got Martinelli, Jesus and Saka, or Ramsdale instead of Leno, they’ll all want to come.

You seem like you may be smart enough to realise what I mean so I’m not going to spell it out for you as to why I think this clubs more attractive now than it was pre Arteta.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom