• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

All or Nothing - Mikel Arteta ( and Arsenal ) - Amazon Prime

Which one?

• All

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 47 81.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Pretty meh, tbh. As many said, I think it paints a different picture of Arteta from what most of us think he is as a manager. Too much hypocrisy on display as we can prove he did things completely opposite of what he said on this vids.

One thing I noticed though, it doesn't look like Mikel sees Josh as someone who is above him in the hierarchy. It looked like the other way around. Josh looks like a puppet with no real value and only there because his father owns the club.
What made you reach that conclusion? It seemed really clear to me that Arteta is acutely aware Josh is his boss

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

What made you reach that conclusion? It seemed really clear to me that Arteta is acutely aware Josh is his boss
Lol Arteta looked scared to look him into the eyes after that horrible start to the season, looked very relieved when Josh basically said the show must go on. Goes to show people see what they want to see

lomekian

Essays are my thing
While we were never going to get unfiltered access and all the dirty linen, I think we've already gained some understanding as to why certain things have happened/decisions been made.

1) They always viewed Arteta as a development project because he's really good at the stuff he's good at and has the best intentions, so unless the wheels fell off, were always going to give him time to develop the other stuff. He's still working out how to communicate as well with some players as others, and carries more insecurity than you would expect.
2) You can see why Saka didn't need a loan and the likes of ESR/Nuno do. Saka is in some ways an innocent wholesome teenager (taking his girl to Thorpe Park!), but is super focused, professional and assertive as a player. ESR is still a shy lad who doesn't have the maturity or self belief to maximise himself, even after a loan and being a proper EPL player. Nuno similar but more self critical and dealing with minor language issues and a culture shock. Also his physical stats being off the charts tell you why there was no option to buy.
3) You can see why the other players like and respect Xhaka, even thought we've seen like 2 minutes of screentime. Encouraging the young guys, getting prepped for the game super focused, professional and aware of the room as opposed to the headphones crew. Auba less serious, more fun, very likeable, but like most strikers not as able to put the room first.
4) Ramsdale is in some ways very mature, but in others shows the insecurities of a young guy who's had to claw his way to this level. A little highly strung, but also really thinks about his role, and is 'up for it' in a way a more naturally reserved Leno isn't.
5) You can see in the tiny moments they've featured why Arteta LOVES Martinelli, Ødegaard, Saka, White - super focused in dressing room and training sessions, happy to go with his slightly cringe ideas. Others like AMN (who seems a lovely guy from little you see), Pepe etc seem to drift in and out a bit.

Overall so far they come across as a good group - well intentioned, quite integrated, treat each other well and very sincere in their intentions.

Hopefully in the next parts the Auba stuff will be a bit more revealing, we might get to see Laca outside of the canteen, and there may be some sign of Eddie and Mo.

Also Pablo Mari is just a really good looking guy!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Its astonishing really how Dele has gone from a limited but brilliantly effective player to just a rubbish snide in danger of being done before his 30 despite no real injuries. In some ways a shame because of his journey from MK, but sadly he just seems like a bell-end

That 2016/17 season he honestly looked like a Lampard regen.

No idea what happened to him after that.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I won’t watch a second of the Arteta induced debacle that was last season. When I decide to boycott something or someone I stick to it. I vowed never to watch the Titanic and never have because every brainless and tasteless ***** told me over and over again what a great movie and life changing experience it was when it first came out. Also I generally don’t get into disaster movies or romances so it was like two strikes already, when all the dumbest people I knew kept creaming their shorts to me over it my mind was made up. As a Arsenal fan I haven’t seen a second of it and never will.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Just watched the YNWA clip and it's far less cringy than is getting made out imo. Didn't really have a problem with it, sounded like a pretty good way of trying to juice up a training session. The heart and head stuff was way worse.

blaze_of_glory

Wasn't sure I was going to watch, but then I did and couldn't stop. Really enjoyed the first three episodes tbh. You know there is a lot of spin and they only release what they want people to see but still interesting look behind the scenes.

Some of our players come across as really likeable, the young guys especially. They live in this fantasy world but still just regular people at the end of the day. KT, Saka and Nuno seem very genuine. Also quite like seeing the various approaches and analyses used by Arteta and the rest of the coaching/technical staff. You can see Arteta is really learning as he goes, trying lots of stuff with some working and some not. The approach to the game an Anfield was him trying to be too clever since he is clearly intimidated by that place and it totally backfired on him.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I've only seen episode 1, but Arteta seemed more vulnerable than I was expecting. His speeches weren't slick and very rushed. In fact even though his command of English is good, it was hard to make out what he was saying at times because of his speed of delivery. I can imagine him being a bit confusing if he has anything complicated to deliver.

There was no back chat though. Remember the docu of Brendon Rogers at Liverpool when he was talking to the lads, Sterling was talking over him and sometimes interrupting with some sassy remarks.
The hard to make out parts could be down to the audio setup as well, anyway even if he would be hard to understand for us hed be easy enough to understand for the players youd imagine after a couple of weeks of listening to him, nevermind a couple of years.

Yeah you can definitely see that hes assembled a team of players who only want to improve themselves and take everything bit of advice they can get from him. Unfortunately we're not seeing his day to day coaching and his real tactical plans and strategies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Horrifies me to say this but Josh Kroenke comes across as a half decent human being in the Doco .
True but can you imagine if he was some crazy man who was trying to tell Arteta who to play, saying he needed to switch all the players to a keto diet and how they were going to start doing a podcast together during matches.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

True but can you imagine if he was some crazy man who was trying to tell Arteta who to play, saying he needed to switch all the players to a keto diet and how they were going to start doing a podcast together during matches.

He's a lot more involved with the Club on a personal level than I thought he would be.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He's basically given the reigns for Arsenal by Stan I assume. Imagine he wants to have it succeed.

Well yes I know that , hence the unprecedented level of funding on transfers . Still surprising to me that him and Saka text each other .

Latest posts+

Top Bottom