• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I used to believe when he started out that he would be like Pep and just needed his players but with each setback I thought that less and less.

He’s got his whole team now and I’m actually, genuinely, seriously going to give him a clean slate for this season because that’s better for my mental health than being convinced he’s sh*t.

Although pre-season means nothing it’s the best one we’ve had in years so I’m just gonna try ride the positivity. I’m such a sucker.

You and I have been critical but when you look at the "plan" these guys are actually on track. Just about and through pure expenditure mostly, rather than being the smartest or resourceful about it.

Top 4 is an absolute must this season though otherwise for the first time I think Arteta will genuinely be in trouble, like foreal this time. I didn't think so before but now I do.

Next summer that's when Arsenal should be looking at the Van Dijk & Allison signings wherever they need it and really going for it.

I'm not fully behind Arsenal because of reasons, but yeah clean slate is fair.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If we don’t get into the CL I think we’ll see the spending slow down as we’ve already hit our ceiling in terms of calibre of player we can attract. Assuming they don’t sack Mikel they’ll tell him to work with the squad and come up with internal solutions.

If we get into the CL though I see another big summer as we’ll be able to just add 1-2 top class players. #Nkunku2023 #Rice2023

• Pray
Reactions: A_G

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
You and I have been critical but when you look at the "plan" these guys are actually on track. Just about and through pure expenditure mostly, rather than being the smartest or resourceful about it.

Top 4 is an absolute must this season though otherwise for the first time I think Arteta will genuinely be in trouble, like foreal this time. I didn't think so before but now I do.

Next summer that's when Arsenal should be looking at the Van Dijk & Allison signings wherever they need it and really going for it.

You’re not fully behind Arsenal???

Try Man City mate.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

It is what most managers do out there, it's just us Arsenal fans who were used to magic from Wenger to pull out cheap unexpected transfers that would very often work in amazing ways for us.

I do like the style of our new signings like Jesus and Zinchenko, both smart transfers and it looks so much better compared to what was done with BW and Partey. With more time, they do look like they are able to do the right thing, which can't be said about some of their short term targets where they failed 100%.

Agree that the top 4 is a must now, not to please the fans though, money will be much needed to repay all of this

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
If he can't win FA this season (which I don't think he will) he should be thrown out on his ass. With the players we have now we should be challenging for the top spot and success in Europe.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Last year should have been top 4 and now we’ve got one of the brightest young French national team stars at the back and Pep has given his buddy two very good City players to bolster the attack and mid/defence.

Josh’s spending plan is bang on track for a title.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
In theory, Arsenal would need one more £150 mil summer in order to reach the £400 mil+ mark which is what Liverpool and City spent to win their titles.

Would have been reached sooner if the sales were better and if some of the players were utilised a bit better. Essentially a slightly better pair than Arteta and Edu would have the team challenging with this kind of expenditure (in my opinion).

This article is biased, but it made me think of the above. Liverpool's net spend at the time they won their Premiership title was £90mil, but they had in actually spent 400 mil.

Yeah, I remember pointing this out a couple of years ago, but oh no, it was all down to Klopp and nothing to do with money. Remember getting berated by Hairspray about it. 😂

Having watched AON, I realise now that Josh Kroenke is far from some absent owner the fans were whinging about during the stadium protests last year. He’s driving this club through his cheque book and really understands what it takes to win a title. He’s putting his faith in Arteta now, but the guy’s clever, and I’ve changed my mind about Arteta being long term. If he doesn’t deliver this season, Josh will swap him out but still keep going with the plan. I have more optimism.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
We really need to get top 4 this season. Still not convinced by Arteta. Have seen some glimpses which makes me think maybe he will turn out to be a great manager but so far have seen more that suggest he will turn out the opposite. This season will provide clear evidence which way he is headed.

The end of last season was such a disappointment for me. We threw away 4th with a disastrous final run. Unlike most people here I said we should be challenging for top 4 before the season started. I did think we had a better squad than was portrayed but more importantly I felt our rivals were being overrated by our own fans as usual. Before the start of every season all I hear is how far away we are from the current top 4 and that they would even improve further, which gave us no chance to compete with them.

Completely forgetting that almost every season, for a variety of reason at least 2 of the big 6 struggle massively. And low and behold same happened last season, which gave us a great chance to take that opportunity.

Alas we came up short. The fact we were pipped by Sp**s was so demoralising for me and is mostly responsible why I'm not convinced by Arteta. Here was a team on their 3rd manager in a year, having a mismatch of players bought by different managers for opposite styles. Having to start truly awful footballers like Emerson Royal, Doherty, Sanchez etc. And still they overtook us.

This was unacceptable for me because they had all the problems that were used as excuses for why we shouldn't expect much from Arteta and top 4 was out of the question.

Anyway we start a new season now, clean state for Tets. Hope he learned a lot from last year as I feel we have a really good squad now. Let's start by battering Palace tonight. Let's go.

chessygoal

This guy is one of the greatest con artist I have seen, definition of fake it 'till you make it. I can't believe what I'm seeing in All or Nothing. but if he can con his way to a decent season, I won't complain.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
I'll give him hiring the set piece guy as his biggest W

Not expecting us to keep being such a threat in set pieces at all, but today they kept making the difference

blaze_of_glory

fhijejbepyf91.jpg

Third in wins since joining (never mind all the guys who got canned)

Slug457

Not a swashbuckling destruction job but a solid win away at a tricky ground. Started very well, still concerned with how we played after going 1 - 0 up, players seemed to lose their composure as if unsure whether or not to go for the kill or protect the lead. After half time we largely ceded territory and had a tendency to park all 11 men behind the ball, at one point Jesus was on the edge of our penalty area with the rest of our players camped in or around our box. If it works it's effective but it very easily could not have done today. It's obviously the manager instructing them to play this way.

Looked more a team pushing for a 4th spot than pushing the "big two" in City/Liverpool. Most fans will be happy with that but I see no reason why we can't strive for something more than 4th, with the most investment in Europe and the elite reinforcements we've had come in. Even that Super Mik Arteta song sort of implies the only goal is CL/4th.

Perhaps the team/manager just wanted to grind out the first win which is understandable, our style of play will definitely improve in the coming games.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom