• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah I agree leaving him out of the Europa team was a very suspect call- a terrible call even.

But you can’t even deny it, so many people on this board were acting like we’d completely screwed his development. As if we were gonna pay £30+M for a player just to sell him for fractionally more.

It was never as deep as some made out. Now we’re reaping the benefits of a very effective loan spell. It’s job done on our part.

Whilst I believe Saliba is a gooner and didn't want to leave without making an appearance, I suspect the length of his contract and most of Europe not actually being able to afford him spared the club's blushes a bit.

Apart from Sampaoli walking out from Marseille it's hard to prove and neither here nor there now.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I know a lot of people don't like slide tackles, as they think going to ground means you have made a mistake (though a lot of old defenders who say this, I remember slide tackling a lot)

...but that is beautiful, not something that should be looked down on...timed perfectly!
A thing of beauty for sure! :love:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Looks like we have a gem on hands. I've only seen 2 CBs with his presence with pace and that's Campbell and VDV.

Looks so calm and co posed on the ball.
He's not quite as good in the air yet as those 2 but I think that will come with experience judging the flight of the ball and tightening up his positioning. He has all of the natural tools to be absolutely world class though. In 4-5 years if by some miracle we've kept him we may actually have the best defender in the world at Arsenal. Not saying he'll definitely get to that level but he's the first player we've had since Cesc with the kind of ceiling that could have you in that conversation as the best in your position.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
I know a lot of people don't like slide tackles, as they think going to ground means you have made a mistake (though a lot of old defenders who say this, I remember slide tackling a lot)

...but that is beautiful, not something that should be looked down on...timed perfectly!
And always followed by sweet Zaha tears. Perfection, indeed.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He played a bit like he did last year for Marseille with composure and class. Would have been top 4 with him in the side for sure. Not sure what Arteta was thinking there.

If Saliba stays fit, not sure what role White will be play, he's not really a right back, Saka had to play deep to help him out a lot as he was getting murdered by the long ball last night.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Or it could have been too soon and he be thrown under the bus. Maybe things are happening the way it's supposed to.

The closest a poster has been to my theory!!

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
He played a bit like he did last year for Marseille with composure and class. Would have been top 4 with him in the side for sure. Not sure what Arteta was thinking there.

If Saliba stays fit, not sure what role White will be play, he's not really a right back, Saka had to play deep to help him out a lot as he was getting murdered by the long ball last night.
We might play 3 at the back at times depending on players availability. Plus its a long season and lots of competitions, and 5 subs, so White will always get games.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I’m confident he’ll sign on with Saka soon, that’s what matters now.

We are now in a zone where our players will be going for absolutely astronomical fees. Saliba, Saka, Gabriel, Smith Rowe, Jesus, etc.

The project is moving along nicely, still some work to do but we are moving. Saliba is very much a part of it all.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
One thing that might work in our favour with any contract situation is that the fans have been behind him 100% since joining. I know this sounds naive but he's received a whole lot of love that fringe players don't usually get. It might count for something if he also now feels trusted.

Kind of think it comes down to our season as well. Make Champions League and I'll be much more confident.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The two slide tackles he made - it was the quickness in which he arrived and just made them with ease. So clean with them - not sure how to describe them but a little bit of wee did escape my body.

Energoto

When Mustafi was signed, people who knew him were confused about why he was bought.

When Saliba was signed, people were confused as to why he didn't play.

Early days, but it's just different.
When Saliba was signed, nobody have ever watched him anyway, so their opinion doesnt matter

Top Bottom