• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think the drop off after the first 25 mins is as much (if not more) a mentality thing than an Arteta thing. For us to go up a level, we have to take those chances we made in the first 25 mins and go 2 up. I think the team will get there.

It was uncomfortable in the second half because we couldn't press Palace, Anderson just pinged it over our press every time. I think that was also a big reason we dropped deeper.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

My manager 🔥

Holy **** he got old during pre season. A few more months of this and he'll be able to be that older dude that every leading lady in a telenovela falls for, but ultimately leaves for a more age appropriate guy, while he remains ever the bachelor.

Slug457

What are you going to do with White if Saliba's fit, he's no better than Chambers at right back.
I've got a horrible feeling we are going to see White back in CB in place of Saliba at some point this season, he can't get away with it atm but one mistake (which a young CB will inevitably make) and I feel he may well be dropped. This manager has shown he is willing to sacrifice entire seasons to be proven "right".

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I've got a horrible feeling we are going to see White back in CB in place of Saliba at some point this season, he can't get away with it atm but one mistake (which a young CB will inevitably make) and I feel he may well be dropped. This manager has shown he is willing to sacrifice entire seasons to be proven "right".
Why invent stuff to be scared of? Arteta’ll do what he thinks he needs to to win.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Good win Mikel, but you've still got to address a few things:

What are you going to do with White if Saliba's fit, he's no better than Chambers at right back. When Tomi's fit, play him.

Stop this sitting back at 1-0, it's not healthy. We did it a lot last season and started the same.

Tell Ramsdale once and for all to stop messing about with his feet and clear the ball quicker.

Tierney is better going forward than Zinchenko, you've got a dilemma there.
very insightful analysis, I am sure he is not thinking about this at all.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
The belief is back.
You can hear it from our away fans yesterday.
Wheater you like it or not, our vibe is completely different.
If Mikel walked away tomorrow I will say job done.
But we need CL football next season, so please complete the task.

Slug457

Why invent stuff to be scared of? Arteta’ll do what he thinks he needs to to win.
His treatment of the Ozils and the Aubas, and others, at a time when we were having record bad performances or starved of goals and desperately needed such players is not inventing stuff. Tets treatment of Saliba is documented, you don't go and sign a 50M CB to be sitting around on the bench after a season, he clearly viewed White/Gabriel as the partnership for years to come before Salibas quality could no longer be denied.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
His treatment of the Ozils and the Aubas, and others, at a time when we were having record bad performances or starved of goals and desperately needed such players is not inventing stuff. Tets treatment of Saliba is documented, you don't go and sign a 50M CB to be sitting around on the bench after a season, he clearly viewed White/Gabriel as the partnership for years to come before Salibas quality could no longer be denied.

Nah, you are guessing buddy, and basing your guesses on your personal views on Arteta.

What you say may very well come true, but I think keeping it in the realm of your opinion is best here.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Man spent hundreds of millions just to turn us into effective set piece merchants and not much else

Felt we could just have given Dyche a try and spent all that money into something for the community or idk

Why do you post such ****, so regularly?

Are you sure you are not a bot or something? I must look into you.

Slug457

Nah, you are guessing buddy, and basing your guesses on your personal views on Arteta.

What you say may very well come true, but I think keeping it in the realm of your opinion is best here.
I'd say it's more of a opinion based on some facts than a outright guess, but fair enough. Irregardless going to be interesting to see what happens when Tomiyasu is back. White is a solid PL CB btw, not knocking him, just nowhere near a Saliba level. Then again we have Europe this season so everyone should be getting games.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Sad state of affairs on here when White is getting crapped on even though he put in a creditable performance against a tough winger in Zaha in his first league match at RB in god knows how long, just so we can get some Arteta bashing out of it.

Saliba deserves to be ahead of White in the CB pecking order from what we've seen in pre season, he looks better. I've no issue with admitting that.

No point in making stuff up about White playing crap when anyone can see the absolute worst he played yesterday was okay.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Man spent hundreds of millions just to turn us into effective set piece merchants and not much else

Felt we could just have given Dyche a try and spent all that money into something for the community or idk

:lol:

I guess some fans would prefer if we'd won -1 to 3 instead of 0 - 2, with Patrick Vieira rounding his own keeper to score the final goal.

Slug457

Sounds to me like he’s no longer denying his quality then, so what is there to worry about?
A 50M CB potentially sitting on the bench all season (although Europa might solve this), or being chosen ahead of Saliba based on the investment/Artetas feeling of loyalty to a player whom he invested 50M in whilst shipping the other out on loan after not even including him in our squad. Anyway, just glad we finally have a elite CB, who we already had on the books playing for us.

Top Bottom