• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 48 38.7%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Think Saka is good at everything that you’d want from a winger but not elite in any one category, most of A-M disagrees with me on this though. For me his best attribute is his football IQ and if you combine that with his rounded attacking attributes I think you get a world class attacking midfielder eventually.

I think he’s already got the potential to be a good winger on a title winning winning team but agree w/ you that he’ll need to improve at least one of those ‘winger’ attributes to become elite in that position.

I see hints of good ball striking technique with him so I’d like to see him get his shots off more quickly and regularly this season, start creating more shots and goals rather than relying on the ‘positioning’ goals he’s been getting. That’s one route though, he could improve his crossing ability like you said or work on his 1v1 game.
His main weaknesses are a dodgy first touch at times, that takes him wide or away from goal, and his really weak right foot.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Never understood the "tap-in merchant" criticism anyway, if you can position yourself to get tap-ins then that benefits the team and is a function of good positioning and movement amongst other things. How in the flying **** is this bad?
Not saying that Saka is a tap-in merchant, (not sure anybody in the thread used that phrase except for those throwing accusations of it being used but that’s just A-M right? :lol: ) just that a lot of his goals are very high xG chances/keeper could have done better. Correct me if I’m wrong though.

And yeah those goals are the bread and butter for any goal scorer and there’s nothing bad about it…I’m not sure anybody even said there was. All the elite goal scorers get a lot of ‘easy’ goals.

I’m just saying the next step in development is to get better at shooting/finishing because it is a weakness in his game, particularly the finishing. He actually has pretty good ball striking but it isn’t translating in front of goal.

Problem is any acknowledgment of some players weaknesses or development points are just met with ridicule and viewed as hating.

blaze_of_glory

Thought he had a quiet game overall but once again he's the guy who gets it done in the end. Can't keep this guy down

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Until he have support from RB he won't be unstoppable he doing everything by his own Tomi can support him a bit but still not enough. Ødegaard only play well at home and him preforming is vital for Saka to have more freedom

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Thought he had a quiet game overall but once again he's the guy who gets it done in the end. Can't keep this guy down
He had to help a lot with Zaha. Played deeper and was doing a lot of covering. When he has the ball though he only thinks of going forward and taking on defenders. Still only a few in the squad who have that in them.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Didn't have a great game imo. But worked pretty hard to help out white vs zaha and Mitchell.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hard away games like this, aren't really about your attacking players winning it with flair...it's about how hard you battle for the result.

Wasn't great tonight, but Saka just wanted the win more, like our whole team... that's enough in games like this.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Yeah guys another myth in this thread, Saka scoring “tap-in” goals through his great positioning. Go look his goals back, most are edge of the box or 12-14 yards out. Not easy to score from those positions at all but whatever. Saka from the right is not a traditional winger, think you have to play him from the left for that. He’s clearly doing what Arteta wants from him as well as he is the guy driving us forward, keeping the ball when double or triple teamed, he’s almost never in a 1v1 position. People just making stuff up now to use as a stick against him. Guy is stil 20 years old and was our most important attacker last season. Think Gabriel Jesus fits perfectly with him, can see him go up a level.
Exactly! Saka is also by far one of the best crossers on the team. When he was playing LB, he put in some delicious balls. It's all down to the system and him being double marked almost every game and yet he still makes a mark, even when he is not playing very well. Think the kid is underrated at this point.

Geofranco

Until he have support from RB he won't be unstoppable he doing everything by his own Tomi can support him a bit but still not enough. Ødegaard only play well at home and him preforming is vital for Saka to have more freedom
I would like to see how Vieira performs in that creative role. Think his game is a bit more aggressive than Ødegaard who can be pretty conservative with his play. I love Tomi, think he has more to his game in attack than he has shown, but I always love defenders who are good at actually defending and take pride in it. I also think we need to get a LCM that is better than Xhaka. Someone more athletic, better carrying the ball with powerful dribbles and can get out of tight situations.

Geofranco

His main weaknesses are a dodgy first touch at times, that takes him wide or away from goal, and his really weak right foot.
Yep! That's the one thing in the academy I was iffy about with him. And it's a pet peeve of mine. Also his link up play, but in the last 2 years the dude has literally become one of the best link up players in the league, it's ridiculous.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He needs a proper rival for that RW spot or he’ll stagnate.

Feel he’s too comfortable right now.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Yeah guys another myth in this thread, Saka scoring “tap-in” goals through his great positioning. Go look his goals back, most are edge of the box or 12-14 yards out. Not easy to score from those positions at all but whatever. Saka from the right is not a traditional winger, think you have to play him from the left for that. He’s clearly doing what Arteta wants from him as well as he is the guy driving us forward, keeping the ball when double or triple teamed, he’s almost never in a 1v1 position. People just making stuff up now to use as a stick against him. Guy is stil 20 years old and was our most important attacker last season. Think Gabriel Jesus fits perfectly with him, can see him go up a level.

It really is baffling how a player of his talent manages to be severely underrated by some fans of the club he plays for. I could understand it from an outside perspective, but from people who watch every game it's really puzzling.

He's ****ing 20 years old. Look up whatever player you'd want to replace him with and compare what they were doing at 20 to Saka. Someone like Bernardo Silva was on loan at Monaco as a squad player ffs, and Kevin De Bruyne was loaned out to Werder Bremen from Chelsea.

He's an elite talent, I guess some people just get bored by their toys really quickly, always looking for that new fix.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It really is baffling how a player of his talent manages to be severely underrated by some fans of the club he plays for. I could understand it from an outside perspective, but from people who watch every game it's really puzzling.

He's ****ing 20 years old. Look up whatever player you'd want to replace him with and compare what they were doing at 20 to Saka. Someone like Bernardo Silva was on loan at Monaco as a squad player ffs, and Kevin De Bruyne was loaned out to Werder Bremen from Chelsea.

He's an elite talent, I guess some people just get bored by their toys really quickly, always looking for that new fix.
Its mostly people having their favorites not do as well as him (yet) so they talk him down. Genuinely think he’s top 10 talent in his age group.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I thought he had a good overall game. Robbed the opposition in the box and stopped Zaha overwhelming White. He still had time to force the OG too. His was a sacrificial complete performance. Not as exciting or showy but no less important.

Geofranco

Maybe it's cause he is not silky smooth like some of the other elite young talents and also not a freak athlete like Halaand and Mbappe.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom