• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Arsenal 4 - 2 Leicester City | Saturday 13th August 2022 | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Spirit BOMB to these Foxes. Same team as below:

1660256206948.png

0799E111-2AF2-4BAC-807F-FAE8473D734B.jpeg

Post match, Teta needs to make A-M happy and bring out the stash of Snickers & Twix for their boy Youri Michelin as a sweetener:

EyDirzXXAAAOL7w

Got a feeling that Gabby Jesus is going to cook in this one.

I’ll say 3-0 🔴⚪

Last edited by a moderator:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Leicester are closer to the likes of Leeds than they are to the likes of West Ham. They're bottom table quality these days.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I'd be happy with a tidy 3-0 in this game, think its very doable. Jesus to bag a couple and maybe a Xhaka thunderbolt to wrap it up.

Tom Mix

Probably 2-0 to us although 3-0 is closer to where these teams are at the moment. I worry that we will be caught short in games we dominate but decide to defend 1-0 leads so hopefully this one is sorted out early doors and we then just kill the game.

We don't need to bust a gut to go for 5-0 wins, we need to use the bench well and conserve energy. It's a long season and we have plenty to play for so the less effort it takes for us to win routine games the better.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They looked so shaky at the back when Brentford put pressure on.

Amartey in particular looked well off it.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Man y'all are confident in here.

I do think we'll win but I think it'll be more of a 2-0, maybe 3-0 at a stretch, both of which are solid results imo.

Leicester...aren't as strong they have been in the past but they're still a good team so hopefully we go in with the right mindset and don't take them for granted.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Man y'all are confident in here.

I do think we'll win but I think it'll be more of a 2-0, maybe 3-0 at a stretch, both of which are solid results imo.

Leicester...aren't as strong they have been in the past but they're still a good team so hopefully we go in with the right mindset and don't take them for granted.

This is what I think , we will dominate them for long periods but it all depends what We do in front of goal. We are really predictable at times.

Tom Mix

I believe it would be a very good idea to start Eddie in this one and maybe Tierney too if he is fit. Love to see Vieira but would imagine even if he is fit his first appearance will be from the bench.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I believe it would be a very good idea to start Eddie in this one and maybe Tierney too if he is fit. Love to see Vieira but would imagine even if he is fit his first appearance will be from the bench.
Get Jesus as many goals while we can I think, Tierney should be slowly eased back and we shouldnt be risking his fitness. Other than that its a match we absolutely have to win.

Tom Mix

Get Jesus as many goals while we can I think, Tierney should be slowly eased back and we shouldnt be risking his fitness. Other than that its a match we absolutely have to win.
Jesus with Nketiah. I'd start Martinelli on the bench for this one.

GoonerJay24

We used to crush these lot at home even in their title wining season. Even when we were at our worst.

Anything besides a win is unacceptable.

At our worse, we didn't beat these at home. We lost and drew in the seasons we finished 8th.

Tom Mix

Couldn't disagree more. Martinelli scored a goal in the last match and was generally good, think it sends the wrong message to him to bench him so early in the season.

If it was 5 or so games in I could see rotation but for now he has to start.
Rotation isn't just about who you take off but also about who you bring on. I suggest Nketiah, who's just been given a big contract after a frustrating season which ended encouragingly, also needs a goal.

It's not benching, it's using the bench and the squad. He has 5 substitutions, he needs to use them more and better, You can bet your bottom dollar the likes of City and Liverpool will be doing so,

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think it could be one of the best atmospheres we’ve seen in a long time. The feel good factor and hope for a stadium full of fresh, rejuvenated and emotionally intact fans, in the sunshine. The players with be super charged for this. I only see a great performance and a 3-4 goal win.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I feel confident about this one. Let's make it a convincing win.

Anyone know where I can watch Match of the Day without a VPN (not a resident of the UK, so iPlayer doens't work), by the way? Want to see the highlights of last weekend to judge where Leicester's at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom