• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Slug457

But the club have to make a decision on the best place to allow the player to go. It’s a joint effort. But you’ve got a bunch of people who won’t even concede that!
Which I think is borne out of a frustration about last season and the perception that Saliba would have at a minimum significantly strengthened the squad, whilst being able to develop here. As much as people now claiming Saliba is elite simultaneously drudge up YT clips from years back showing he was error prone and hence justified in loaning him, I think we can all agree he's a upgrade on Holding last season. In my view he likely would have got us the extra 3 points or so needed to get CL. But the other side will argue that with no Europe/out of the cups by January his game time would have been limited and the 15 so games (assuming you don't already believe he was very capable of starting or pushing to start which I do) he would have gotten meant he would not have developed compared to the 35+ he got at Marseille.

All in all I've got no problem even conceding that sending Saliba on loan was for the best for his development considering what was going on, the bizarre situation of no Europe for the first time in decades and White being given his squad number all implies little game time. Don't even think missing out on CL meant much for us, perhaps we lost out on Martinez but Utd pay wages we don't. But it significantly strengthened Sp**s, even Peresic said the only reason he joined the nothing club was because of CL.

I agree with you though, he's here now fully developed and it's pointless going over it, but if people make posts trying to bait Arteta critics saying everything done in regards to the player by Areta is fantastic we are going to respond :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
but if people make posts trying to bait Arteta critics saying everything done in regards to the player by Areta is fantastic we are going to respond :lol:
That’s hyperbole though. Nobody’s doing or has done that. Clips of him making mistakes last season? That’s what people will do in response to others claiming it was a terrible decision to send a teenager out on loan. You know how it works on here. If you hold a strong opinion about a player or a decision, you will meet opposition armed with what they see as evidence to prove their opinion holds more.

On one side you’ve got the opinion that it was quite simply a good decision to loan him because now we’re in a good position to reap the benefits - whether people like it or not. And on the other side you’ve got those speculating that it would have been better for the player and the club that he was called back before last season… I don’t think there’s anything else that needs to be said. We’re on the same page when you say it’s pointless going over it though 👍🏼

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
That’s my brothers account tbh. I was using his pc.
Which brother was it: Sweet n Sourful, Eastender or another from the loads of those that got banned? Shame on them, they put a bad name on you 🙃

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
You're the biggest instigator on here.

Yeah Riou is lowkey snakey with his posts, but I clocked onto that a long time ago.

Glad that people are starting to clock @Riou !
@Riou rn

946-AE753-C1-F0-425-A-9165-B0-FA4-D9705-AC.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom