• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,883
  • Views 525,662
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Exactly, should have let Özil go and kept my guy. The club messed up there.
Didn't Sanchez want to leave for United, going after money and trophies?

Good that we didn't keep him anyway as his body was run ragged. No mistake there, he would have just left for free while his performances and attitude was not good at the end.

Just look at his career after Arsenal.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
City would be mad to sell B. Silva for the reported €50m fee which is an absurdly low price (cheaper than Jesus and Sterling, who both had 1 year left and were rotation options vs 3 years for Silva). Can't see him going for that little.

City are playing it risky if they do end up selling him, though. That's a lot of turnover in one window regardless of how good their replacements are. You need some stability as well, and too much chopping and changing can backfire.

If Barca eventually sign B. Silva this window, that would also have to mean that Frenkie is gone. I know it's unlikely, but I really hope we at least enquire(d) about him if that's the case. He's the sort of player where if there's even a minuscule chance of signing him, we should go for it, especially with our midfield worries.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Didn't Sanchez want to leave for United, going after money and trophies?

Good that we didn't keep him anyway as his body was run ragged. No mistake there, he would have just left for free while his performances and attitude was not good at the end.

Just look at his career after Arsenal.
The bloke needed a rest and Wenger would know that.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

City would be mad to sell B. Silva for the reported €50m fee which is an absurdly low price (cheaper than Jesus and Sterling, who both had 1 year left and were rotation options vs 3 years for Silva). Can't see him going for that little.

City are playing it risky if they do end up selling him, though. That's a lot of turnover in one window regardless of how good their replacements are. You need some stability as well, and too much chopping and changing can backfire.

If Barca eventually sign B. Silva this window, that would also have to mean that Frenkie is gone. I know it's unlikely, but I really hope we at least enquire(d) about him if that's the case. He's the sort of player where if there's even a minuscule chance of signing him, we should go for it, especially with our midfield worries.
No way it's 50 million euros for Bernardo with two years in contract. Wasn't the rumour that it is less than 80 million euros?

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
No way it's 50 million euros for Bernardo with two years in contract. Wasn't the rumour that it is less than 80 million euros?

Seen that it was Romero so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt.

Gaughan says at least £80m to sell so the €50m figure is very likely to be false which makes more sense.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Say what you want about Barca's money issues but if they get Silva they've had a 10/10 window, Lewandowski, Raphinha, Silva, Kounde, Kessie, Christensen.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Gerrard having issues with Mings too won't surprise both Mings and Watkins leave before window close

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Putting 5 figures on Gerrard being the first manager to be sacked, he's having too many issues and not performing. I don't think he'll be fortunate enough to be backed despite this like certain other coaches. Most clubs don't operate like that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Putting 5 figures on Gerrard being the first manager to be sacked, he's having too many issues and not performing. I don't think he'll be fortunate enough to be backed despite this like certain other coaches. Most clubs don't operate like that.
Its obvious if results don't come but they have to give him full season at least villa aren't top 6 club so they need to stop overhype themselves

Tell.

His win rate is the same as Gary Neville's Valencia. Lucky for him Stevie G can do no wrong in the eyes of the british media.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Was thinking that’s a smart bet.

They looked awful on Saturday despite all the money spent.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

Can you believe this crap? Chelsea get this guy on a free, he fails miserably, can barely be trusted to get a game. Looks a donkey. 18 months later they can find some mugs willing to cough up €15M for him like it’s nothing. Meanwhile we practically have to terminate the contracts of our international players, even after successful loans just to get them off the books. This stuff starting to look sinister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom