• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yeremy Pino

Which winger would you prefer?

• Total voters

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Of course he would get a wage bump, but I compared it to Neto who is in an EPL team and older. I agree mostly, but Neto is way too expensive. Gakpo is LW, while we need someone who can rest/rotate Saka mainly.

Diaby seems to want to stay for another year with UCL, and is pretty expensive too.

Pino wouldn't cause problems to the squad, as then there would be four young wingers in Saka, Martinelli, ESR and Pino who would play according to who is performing the best.

In this sense it would be most important just to get a player who is happy to compete and gives quality depth as Pepe isn't trusted, and Saka is clearly a starter for us compared to the others so his backup doesn't have to be the best.

(Zaha would more likely block positions for youngsters similar to Willian, but a lot better, and like I have said many times, I would still likely go for Zaha if he cost like max. 25 million. But the club seems to think the most about resale value and building a squad that can be together for years possibly. Zaha would also mean huge wages).

The point of his wage bump is that we would likely give him much heavier wages than a club like liverpool in order to attract the player.

There's a reason Pool can get 17m for a nothing player like Minamino, while we struggle to move our own nothing players on.

If you pay 40m for Pino and he doesn't work out, you don't want to be stuck with another Pepe situation where no one wants to fork out a salary close to what Arsenal is giving them. It's why Mari is moving on loan once again, with an obligation if his new team stays upand not permanently from the get go.

Neto is not happening anyway, and injury not withstanding, he is prem proven (something the club has prioritized heavily the past two windows) which is where that obviously higher transfer fee and weekly wages would be going.

Zaha makes too much sense for the club to do it, which is a shame. Wouldn't stand in the way of any of the youngsters in the two-three years he'd would be here.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
For the fee been quoted i wouldn't mind taking risk he top talent even tho i really wanted us to have experience there. But looking at winger market I'm not surprised there is no top RW apart from Raphinha who left to barca and diaby who expensive and staying.

Most good wingers available are LW. I wouldn't be surprised we moved for Zaha if he was comfertable as RW like he is as LW.
Not hating on you Yousif, but you seem to be throwing the money around a little too easily. €45m+ is not 'punt' money or 'back-up player' money. €45m is 'instantly improve your starting eleven' money. Or pool it with other resources and go hard for a starter.

We already bought a €35m attacking midfielder talent. Makes no sense to buy another even younger winger for even more money and not address our midfield issues in the meantime.

El Duderino

This is why I think there is a part of the story that we really dont know, specially if we are going for such a young player like Pino.
Either:
1- The club is not so sure about ESR fitness and they are trying to get a player that can give us more minutes
2- Saka is not renewing, very unlikely.
3- Planning ahead and thinking of Pino as a versatile player that can give us minutes in midfield.
4_ Arteta thinking of certain where we are going to need Saka to be more involved in defense and what still someone that can hurt oppositions towards the left side of the field.

very intriguing I really thought that even with Pepe living we were not going to be in for a winger. I think the more likely situation is ESR having fitness issues and the club thinking long-term.

Then you go for someone like Zaha and monitor ESR. Not like Pino is out there killing it right now. Seems to be a good player and prospect, but very much early days for him.

Winger is more down to Pepe likely leaving, manager doesn't trust the player (which is fine) and would like the lessen the burden on Saka.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Then you go for someone like Zaha and monitor ESR. Not like Pino is out there killing it right now. Seems to be a good player and prospect, but very much early days for him.

Winger is more down to Pepe likely leaving, manager doesn't trust the player (which is fine) and would like the lessen the burden on Saka.
I think so too.
Saka played like 50 games or so last season, so maybe this is just saying "Hey Buki (in my fantasy the club addresses Saka as Buki) cmon, sign the thing, look we even bought someone that we are happy to rotate you with so you don't have to play 50 games again."

MaraDon

and another thing.
Zaha is not coming here unless we guarantee him a stellar role, and we are not going to do that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not hating on you Yousif, but you seem to be throwing the money around a little too easily. €45m+ is not 'punt' money or 'back-up player' money. €45m is 'instantly improve your starting eleven' money. Or pool it with other resources and go hard for a starter.

We already bought a €35m attacking midfielder talent. Makes no sense to buy another even younger winger for even more money and not address our midfield issues in the meantime.
I understand you but when a manager don't trust neither pepe and Nelson it force us to pay good money on backup. If Arteta trust pepe and Nelson then no reason we waste time on RW but he isn't and both likely getting sold. As for Vieira he'll be used there and number 10 If we capable to spend more money we should do it our squad is still short and have space.

El Duderino

We missed the boat on Zaha.

I think he gives you a year or two before he falls off.

If Pino is someone you think will be world class you make that move.

We get 2 years from him and it's worth it imo. Lessens the burden on Martinelli and ESR to peform when we know they'll be inconsistent. Say we give him a 4 year contract, those two last years as a sub could be well spent.

MaraDon

Martinelli will ask to leave if we bring Zaha guys I know it sounds good on paper but it will terribly disrupt the vibe of the team.
we are not going to do it.

El Duderino

Martinelli will ask to leave if we bring Zaha guys I know it sounds good on paper but it will terribly disrupt the vibe of the team.
we are not going to do it.

We don't know that. He would still get loads of games, as attack will likely be where we rotate the most through the season.

Still, we all know Zaha won't happen with our current recruiting strategy.

MaraDon

We don't know that. He would still get loads of games, as attack will likely be where we rotate the most through the season.

Still, we all know Zaha won't happen with our current recruiting strategy.
Bro, if you were Martinelli, with the top 20 clubs in the world sniffing around you, and in the club you are, where you think you are developing, where you think you are an important piece of the puzzle and you are sure you are going to get 30+ games. That club goes out and buys a 32 years old consecrated PL winger that you know demanded a stellar role to come here. You will be talking with your agent 5 minutes after Ornstein posted the tweet, believe me.

El Duderino

Bro, if you were Martinelli, with the top 20 clubs in the world sniffing around you, and in the club you are, where you think you are developing, where you think you are an important piece of the puzzle and you are sure you are going to get 30+ games. That club goes out and buys a 32 years old consecrated PL winger that you know demanded a stellar role to come here. You will be talking with your agent 5 minutes after Ornstein posted the tweet, believe me.

He's not getting more gametime in any other top club in a top league bar Dortmund and even then it's a streach.

He'd have to move down in the league and in wages. The whole point would be to develop him without as much pressure for the next two year while Zaha carries the load of being the first teamer.

Martinelli is barely 22, don. He doesn't get to make demands like that. He's not Saka.

MaraDon

He's not getting more gametime in any other top club in a top league bar Dortmund and even then it's a streach.

He'd have to move down in the league and in wages. The whole point would be to develop him without as much pressure for the next two year while Zaha carries the load of being the first teamer.

Martinelli is barely 22, don. He doesn't get to make demands like that. He's not Saka.
To me, he has the profile to demand stuff, especially if the club wants him to sign a new contract.
buy hey agree to disagree.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I understand you but when a manager don't trust neither pepe and Nelson it force us to pay good money on backup. If Arteta trust pepe and Nelson then no reason we waste time on RW but he isn't and both likely getting sold. As for Vieira he'll be used there and number 10 If we capable to spend more money we should do it our squad is still short and have space.
I get the thinking, but we have to make up our mind if we are going for a LW. Either we buy a first choice, €45m+, LW to take Martinelli's spot in the first XI, or we buy a cheaper more short-term option to back-up Martinelli and provide competition. We can't combine the two and buy a €45m+ back-up. Don't forget the opportunity cost of benching Martinelli.

Edit: also, if the opportunity cost is that we don't fix our CM situation, we're screwed even with the depth on the wings.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
We would still be giving him a substacial wage bump, specially if Liverpool's interest ends up as genuine.

Personally don't see the point going with another project at wide forward. Either get someone to bench Martininelli/ESR or hedge your bets on them.

The last thing this team needs is another 19-21 year old in attack and it's not like Pino is a generational talent, at least so far into his career.
I mean we’ve literally just bought a 19-21yr old project in attack, there really is no need for another one

Latest posts+

Top Bottom